PDA

View Full Version : 180 Oceanic - Mature Reef for Sale

gossws
05/05/2004, 10:28 AM
I'm leaving the hobby for now and am selling everything. This is a packaged deal and I am not willing to split out anything. This reef (inhabitants) are 6+ years old, although many of the hardware, including the tank, stand, lights, etc. are all only 2 years as the original tank was moved into the 180. The price is $4500 for everything listed below. Pictures will follow sometime over the course of the next few days. Any PM's regarding splitting out will not be answered. Let me know if you have any questions. Regards, Bill

Equipment:
180 Gallon Oceanic Reef Ready Tank (Cherry Trim) with dual overflows (durso standpipes)

Oceanic Stand (Cherry)

PFO 72' Black Aluminum Hood with reflector holding 3 250 watt XM 20,000K bulbs (used 3 mos.) with 3 PFO metal halide ballasts (1 dual & 1 single). Also holds 2 160 watt 72' VHO super actinic (2 bulbs never used) with Icecap 430 ballast with 2 4" fans with wire gard. Comes pendant hanging kit.

Precision Marine Bullet 2 Skimmer with gate valve & beckett injector powered by Iwaki WMD40RLT

Dolphin Aqua Sea Ampmaster 3000 with vibration pad which powers sea swirls and closed end-loop complete with spray bars behind the live rock equipped with clear PVC socketed True Union Swing check valve

(2) 1" Sea Swirls

Mak 4 pump powering dual Oceanic outputs (flexible tubing) into the tank and gate valve controlled slow-flow into refugium. Pump equipped with clear PVC socketed True Union Swing check valve

Solar 1000 LWM Controller (ground plane kits for 6 lamps - planes never used), controls lights, pump, temperature, lunar phases, etc. VIA X10 modules - which are included

Canreef Calcium Reactor, with brass check valve, 5 LB CO2 bottle, silent Eheim water pump & M3 deluxe dual guage CO2 regulator w/solenoid. Also includes second stage effluent chamber and a new 8lb. Container of ARM calcium reactor media.

Reef-Filler Doser (purchased at www.championlighting.com) which can dose water 200 feet from source to tank. Doser setup to dose from RO/DI storage tank (rubbermaid trash can) to the tank sump.

Kent 24 GPD Maxxima RO/DI with membrane flush kit & connects to Kent float valve above for auto shut off

Kent Float Valve Kit (used for shut off RO/DI resevoir)

PinPoint PH Monitor with calibration fluid

PinPoint Salinity Monitor with calibration fluid

Acurate Refractometer

(2) Won Pro Heat 350 watt titanium heaters (turned on/off by Solar controller with temp set at 81 degrees)

Rainbow Lifegard digital thermometer

Books (The Reef Aquarium Volume 1 & 2, Aquarium Corals By Borneman, Natural Reef Aquariums, along with others)

~20 gallon acrylic refugium (undertank) return plumbed to sump, 6 inch sandbed, slow-flow spray bar & lighted by Lights of America PC

large acrylic sump (undertank) with baffles and live rock, pre-drilled for skimmer input/output as well as refugium output (dimensions can be provided)

Just about any testkit made by Salifert included

Various unused/used supplements

Frozen & Dry foods (includes golden pearls, large bottle of DT's, etc.)

And anything left over that I have (small tools, feeding utensils, misc. pumps, etc.)

Inhabitants:
300+ live rock mixture include tonga, fiji and vanuatu, with 300 lbs live sandbed (5-6")

2 Ultra Crocea Clams (1 large/1 medium)
4 Maxima Clams (all mediums)
1 brittle star
1 red fromia starfish (reef safe)
1 black cucumber
Various snails, hermits, emerald green, etc.
1 Large blue carpet anenome with yellow tail black saddleback clarkii
1 large spotted goby
1 medium marine betta (beautiful)
1 large Pink square anthias
5 green chromis
1 purple pseudo
1 red clownfish
1 red hawkfish
Over 100 corals too many to mention but many of which are hard to find includes: different blastomussa's wellsi (7) & merleti (4), acro's (multiple colors), blueridge, monti's (digita and capricornis, orange, green, pink, yellow & small purple), zoo's, ricordia (multiple colors includes hot pink yuma, blues, greens, pale orange,etc.), gorgonians, yellow tonga leathers (2 one XL and one large), XXL trumpet, flourescent orange plate, green and orange scolymia, enchinophilla, brains (symphilla, trachs, lobos), various mushrooms, polyps, etc.)

gossws
05/06/2004, 03:55 PM
I'm opting to break the tank up versus selling it as a whole. While the package deal is a great price considering I'm over the 10 grand mark for everything, I realize that is alot of cash for an individual to come up with. I will be listing the corals and their prices sometime this evening. Some of the prices will be retail and others slightly more or less. I will not be fragging as I just don't have the time. Some of these colonies are rather large so for those of you interested in fragging and selling or splitting the cost with another reefer, it would be a good way to offset the cost. I'm hoping to sell the liverock all as one and who ever the lucky person is, there're be plent of life (shrooms, zoos, pieces of acros, etc.). The fish will be the last to go. All the hardware will be listed once I've got all the livestock out. I'll be listing most of the equipment at half of what I paid, some a little more than half. I will attempt to sell much of the items to those in the tri-state area before posting to all of reef central as I don't want to get into shipping. Questions, let me know. Bill

jersey
05/06/2004, 04:10 PM
Bill, sorry to see you leaving the hobby. I know it must have been a tough decision. :(

I know you want to part with the livestock first so, I am interested in the acros and a clam. If possible, can you e-mail me some pictures?

gossws
05/06/2004, 07:09 PM
Below is a list of a good portion of the corals. I'm getting requests for pictures and don't know if I can accomodate all of them. I'm going to try to some posted tonight. Regards, Bill
1 Ultra Crocea Clams (large) 65
1 Ultra Crocea Clams (med) 50
4 Maxima Clams (all mediums) (40 each) 160
1 brittle star 4
1 red fromia starfish (reef safe) 4
1 black cucumber 2
1 Large blue carpet anenome with yellow tail black saddleback clarkii 60
1 large spotted goby 5
1 medium marine betta (beautiful) 15
1 large Pink square anthias 15
5 green chromis 5
1 purple pseudo 5
1 red clownfish 5
1 red hawkfish 5

XL Carpet Lobophyllia (orange) 60
Large Pink Montipora Carpriconis 60
XXL Trumpet 70
Med. Trumpet 30
Blueridge 40
Large and spreading enchinophyllia (beautiful green with orange) 60
Large Elegance 40
XL Yellow Tonga Leather (bright yellow) 60
Med Yellow Tonga leather (bright yellow) 40
XL Pink Montipora Digita 60
Large Birdsnest 40
Large Merlina (florescent green) - beautiful 60
XL Large baby blue tipped with pink acropora 80
XL yellow table top 80
SM - Med yellow montipora (unusual/rarely seen) 50
Hot Pink Yuma (gets large) 50
Pink Ricordia (just purchased within the last month at Tull's) 29
Biege with bright green centered star polyps 25
Florescent Green star polpys 30
Large Burgandy and Green Lobo 40
Bright Red Symphillia 40
Small-med bright red lobo 35
Small bright red lobo 10
large Brown-Green cynaria (modern coral) 25
Large Blastomussa Wellsi (almost never seen in LFS brilliant red with green centers) 80
Small orange Blastomussa Wellsi 15
Small Blastomussa Wellsi (almost never seen in LFS brilliant red with green centers) 50
Medium Blastomussa Wellsi (tan with brillant green center) 50
Medium Blastomussa Wellsi (tan with brillant green center) 40
Medium Blastomussa Wellsi (burgandy with Green ring) 50
Small Blastomussa Wellsi (green) 30
Small Blastomussa Wellsi (green with red just purchased with the last month at Tull's) 25
Large Blastomussa Merletti (green - great for fragging) 60
Large Blastomussa Merletti (burgundy with violet centers) 60
XL frogspawn (beautiful translucent green) 60
Green Branching Lobo 25
Biege/little lavendar branching lobo 25
Coco Worm - Red (hard tube feather duster) 25
Orange/Lime Green Striped Scolymia (rare) 50
Small Florescent Orange plate 55
Orange/Lime Green scolymia (I think it's a scolymia) 45
Large Green Open Brain 25
Small open (dome) Brain (green striped) 25
Red/Green Open Brain (gets huge) 40
Small (dome) Brain (red/green) 25
Lime Green Scolymia (med) 35
Orange/Green Lobo (unusual) 45
Weird-*** brain flat bottom (very fleshy green/brown/red with pimples unique) 35
Pink Gonipora 25
Pink/Purple Gonipora 25
Green Fox 15
Green roundish maze brain 20
Giant Mushroom (looks like an anemone) - bluish 15
Rock with multiple corals (small green centered trumpet), pink/orange yuma & orange zoos 60
Dark purple tipped acro (med) 45
Bright green acro (millepora) 60
Light violet tipped green acropora (large) 65
Dark purple tipped acro (med) 60
Awesome Green Staghorn (Dr. Mac's) 50
Large tan Pavona 25
Greenish Large bowl shaped acro 50
Large Green and Pink Pocillipora (cat's paw) from 50
Mycedium (green) - med 40
Brilliant Green Acro - small/med 50
Green lobo 25

Tagamet
05/06/2004, 08:25 PM
Wow, that's a ton of stuff! Maybe if you could just post a picture of the whole tank, people like myself would get a sense forr the SPS in particular. I'm in central PA, but I've driven farther for nice SPS.
Thanks,
Tagamet

david6051
05/06/2004, 10:01 PM
send you a pm

gossws
05/07/2004, 09:08 PM
I have not had a chance to go through all the PM's but much to my surprise, the tank and its inhabitants have sold. Regards, Bill