PDA

View Full Version : May 50/50 auction - logistics

Tbor
05/03/2004, 12:16 PM
There have been a few questions from some of you unfamiliar with the 50/50 auction process. Hopefully this will clear up any questions anyone has.
1. If you have coral frags, macro algae, or anything else you would like to have auctioned off, bring it to the meeting. If you are concerned about getting containers returned, I have shipping bags that I will bring for anyone who wants to transfer their items. (These bags are suitable for frags, but not big enough for any really large pieces).
2. Anyone with items to auction will fill out a sticker with item number, description, and minimum bid.
3. All bags will be out on a table for people to look at before the meeting starts.
4. Bidding starts at minimum, and from there goes to highest bidder. After the auction people who brought items will be given 50% of their profit, the other 50% goes to the club.

It's that simple. If you have questions, post them here. If you have frags you would like to post a picture of, post them in the
pic thread (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360787) .

Hope to see you all there!
-Mary

Scout
05/03/2004, 12:31 PM
Tbor- What if we want to donate the frag to the club. Do we just put minimum bid as 0?

Mike

Tbor
05/03/2004, 12:53 PM
You could do that, or just let me know when you fill out the sticker and I'll make a note of it. All the bids will start at $1 if no higher price is suggested.