PDA

View Full Version : Hanna ph pen question

boofer
05/02/2004, 09:54 PM
I have a Hanna ph pen and was just wondering if it would ruin the electrode if I kept it submerged in my overflow. anyone have any experience or know anything about these? thx Dustin

fishdoc11
05/02/2004, 10:07 PM
I would check the manual. My pinpoint is made to be run with the probe in H2O all the time. I'm not sure if any pens are made that way. I think aquaman has some pens, maybe he can help.
Chris

Sir Knight
05/02/2004, 11:24 PM
Hey Dustin,
The Hanna ph pen are not made for full time use. Also, the way you want to use it will cause saltwater to get into the electronics and cause it to fail

Hope this helps

boofer
05/03/2004, 12:26 PM
yeah thats what i was afraid of...*thinks* should have bought a pinpoint instead oh well, my list of crap i should have bought instead of what i did is getting bigger :rolleyes: its still a nice pen tho....thx Dustin

kevlouie
05/03/2004, 04:28 PM
While we are on the subject, can a pinpoint pH meter be used to check the pH in a pool or hot tub? :D

fishdoc11
05/03/2004, 06:21 PM
I don't see why not as long as it is calibrated to the correct range. Now you have an excuse to buy one Kevlouie!
Chris

Sir Knight
05/03/2004, 06:44 PM
I think we should go over to Kevin's house with our pH monitors and swim trunks. Then we could check the pH in his pool and hot tub. It may take a few hours to get a proper reading so maybe he should provide a few hamburgers and maybe some beer

Sorry I had too

kevlouie
05/04/2004, 07:59 AM
I think we should go over to Kevin's house with our pH monitors and swim trunks. Then we could check the pH in his pool and hot tub. It may take a few hours to get a proper reading so maybe he should provide a few hamburgers and maybe some beer

Just a hot tub. Hehehe, when I finally get the tank moved and set up to my liking, we can have a meeting here, and everybody can bring their suits. It will be BYORE though (bring your own rib eye). :lol:

Hey I discovered a new way to cause a flood last night. If you have a return line and its that loc-line, when you drill the little siphon break hole just below the water line, don't wiggle it around much because the loc-line may slide over the hole and block it. Only lost about a cup of water as I was running a test power outage. Phew.

aquaman67
05/05/2004, 03:56 PM
Do not use water to store the electrode as per the instructions. If you keep it in your sump you are storing it in water. You must use storage solution or you can use 4 pH buffer solution.