PDA

View Full Version : Berghia Nudi's

Wheeldog63
04/27/2004, 01:11 PM
Hi all, I am curtious if anyone here knows of anywhere around here that can get, or has berghia nudis' I am in desparate need of some, as the aptasia has decided to tak over my tank:-( and peppermints just disapear into my rock never to be seen again. Thanks in advance.

~Kelly

matt the fiddler
04/27/2004, 04:42 PM
have you tried joes juice? [new product of the last 6 months] don't know the size/ setup of your tank- but every one i know here in town that has used it has about a 95%+ removal of all of them in one dosing... [shaw reccomends it i know] better than a nudi getting turned into sushi in a powerhead....

sand man dan
04/27/2004, 04:47 PM
kelly,
matts right get the joes juice, you will have to buy several nudi's to get any cure for the aptasias, i use the steff and it is great. kills them instantly. premium has it for just under 7 a bottle good stuff. i have been told to just dont let it get on any lps that it could kill them, i havent had that problem using it yet.
sandmandan

matt the fiddler
04/27/2004, 06:33 PM
yea. it has not been near my lps.. or zoos for that matter it is rated as reef safe.. though i would not chance it around coral...

shaw
04/27/2004, 06:50 PM
Kelly

you can try Rob in indy, he grows them for the past few years. i think he sells them for 25, but will trade too. Ross my have some as well, i know he bought a few a while ago. i will give him a call for you
ya, Joes Juice is good and cheap. i get about a 75% kill rate on the juice. i got some if you need any
shawn

Wheeldog63
04/27/2004, 07:26 PM
Yeah, I have looked into Joe's Juice, I tried it a while ago and wasn't to impressed, as I know Shawn knows, I have a 180 and it is getting covered with these bastards. The main thing I have a problem with is that the things are behind my rock as well and will just come back, up to this point I have been using kalk paste, but its a pain in the ***, and I have some aptasia's growing close to my SPS and clams. Shawn, if ya coulld talk to ross and see if he still has some that would be cool, I haven't seen him in a while, if its the same ross I have met. I don't think powerheads will be an issue in my tank as I don't have a one in there. Also shawn, I will be down to premium this weekend to grab some stuff, if you know anyone looking for some halimedia let me know, I have a ton of it and need to break it up. Tell them I am lookin for SPS or good ole cash.

~Kelly

catdoc
04/28/2004, 10:01 AM
whoops, hit the post reply instead of new thread!

Although, you might ask Linda Dzierba about bergia. I know she has them.

Fourseahorsemen
04/28/2004, 06:47 PM
Do you guys with Joe's Juice experience think that it would kill mushroom corals? I have used kalk paste to kill them, but that makes such a mess in the tank. I have some mushrooms growing closer to the bases of some SPS colonies so they need to go. :smokin:

diddy02
04/30/2004, 09:24 PM
joes juice worked really well for me as my 10g was covered in them. i read alot on it before i got it and everyone says it doesn't harm corals or anything besides the damn pest anemones. but yeah Kelly, you will never be able to kill them all with joes juice so if you want to get them all you'll have to pick up one of their predators. i've given up the eradication fight for now and am just satisfied with near elimination and control but i'm going to transfer my peppermint over to the 10 this summer to see if he can do some damage. also if you had any really big ones then they prblly ate the shrimp because thats what they did to the one i put in my tank. just kill off the big ones with joes and leave the small pesky ones to the shrimp or whatever you decide to get.

robert

Fourseahorsemen
05/01/2004, 12:06 AM
I have had great luck with a copperband butterfly that eats aptasia. If I look in my overflows I still see a ton of them but the tank is always absolutly clean of them.