PDA

View Full Version : Frags for Sale

dannanokris
04/26/2004, 03:03 PM
Hello,
After much researching on forums and taking advice from several prop members, we decided to scrap the anemones idea. Since we were pretty set on getting one we tried to leave my tank bare of corals. we also decided that we like the diverse amounts of corals that you can put in a tank, so that looks like the route that we will be taking till we can get a bigger tank sometime in the future.
we have a 12 gallon with pc lights about 100 watts if actinic 03 and 10000k. At the moment we have some zoos, one tiney cactus looking digitata, and a big torch coral that keeps splitting oh yeah some gsp that we got from the auction. My algae stopped growing about 2 weeks ago. The tank levels are all good. I'm not sure I ever told you guys this but our tank was made with cured LR and Live sand. So maybe that made the tank levels more stable quicker.
We wanted to know if anyone has frags for sale, we went to a few stores and did not really like how the people would give me info about the corals. Alot of them did not look like healthy corals either. So we would like to try to get frags from some people who have true experience with them. We would also like to get rid of about 4 heads of my torch coral. It has 2 barnacles on it too, looks really cool. More then one form of life on a head of coral. But we want some more corals, especially ones that will do well under pc bulbs. We basically would like to get a diverse selection of corals such as xenia, frogspawn, some mushrooms,possibly some acros. We are trying to stay away from corals that have a reputation of chemical war fare if at all possible. Also, I dont know if it helps but I have a refugium set up and use kent reef carbon to assist with my filtration.

Tank stats

12 gallon ( It doesn't hold 12 gallons)
17-18 lbs of live rock
4 inch dsb
refuguim with live rock soon to be adding some macro.
total pc bulb is 101
2 power heads
cooling fan
diy surface skimmer

Inside tank

2 - 1 1/2 inch false percs
1 - watchman goby
1 Torch (8-10 heads)
zoos - different colors
1 - digitata
3 gsp frags
4 blue leg hermits
4 red leg hermits
1 turbo
1 conch

Amonia = 0
nitrite = 0
nitrate = 0 ish between 0 and .05
calcium = 420-440
phosphates = not detectable, went and got tested at 2 lfs's
alkalinity = dont remember

Water change once a week equaling 2 gallons
1 cup top off per day
feed fish and stuff twice aday heavy once light on the second feeding.
Dose:
Calcium
Ph - 8.3
and the algaes that I got from the auction I think they are
2 drops of shellfish
2 drops of some other stuff
2 drops of some other stuff 2
lol I don't know how to spell them off the top of my head. sorry I'm sure you guyz know what im talking about.

So if anyone wants to help us out and sell us some frags or trade me some that would be great. PM us and we will give you a number we can be reached at.
Thx
Dan and Kristina

CrystalAZ
04/26/2004, 06:25 PM
I have a few blueish-green and red striped shrooms you are welcome to. I just broke their rock today because there were too many.

I may have a few little acro frags too. I'll have to look. :)

Are you going to the DMS meeting Thursday? If so, I can bring them to you there, or you can stop by here whenever. I am in the NW valley.

Crystal

venomfx
04/26/2004, 08:37 PM
Dannakorkis,

I want that torch coral!!! Is it a green or yellow torch ??

How much do you want for it?? What part of the valley??

Sorry for all the ?????'s.

Let me know. You can pm me as well with the info. Thanks.

Kevin

dannanokris
04/26/2004, 08:42 PM
Its a pink armed with bright green tip torch, i think you can find a pic on one of my other posts. I don't really want money for it, would like to trade it though for some other corals.

Crystal thx for replying, I'll have some money to spend the beginning of may if you can wait that long. those shrooms sound great. I'll pm you later with my info.
Thx again
Dan

CrystalAZ
04/26/2004, 09:29 PM
No money necessary... just let me know when you want them. :)

Crystal