PDA

View Full Version : visiting downtown Phila

bahrhoops
09/06/2001, 08:01 PM
My wife and I will be in downtown Phila on the weekend of Sept 21st-23rd and I was wondering if anyone has a 100 gal+ reef they would like to show-off to us while we are in town- even if for only for a few minutes. I am especially looking for well established SPS tanks.
i am always interested in seeing other people's set-ups

also , what are the choice saltwater stores in town ?
I have already seen the Camden Aquarium.
PLMK if you are interested in having us visit your tank , nothing more - nothing less -
thanks - Steve Bahr

amonhen
09/14/2001, 12:13 PM
Steve,

For Marine stores I use the Hidden Reef on Roosevelt Blvd (Rte. 1). Their selection of fish and corals is as good (and as healthy) as I have seen, though my exposure to stores is somewhat limited. They are on the web if you need directions.
I don't have any hard corals right now and my tank is full of aiptasia, so I'm afraid I'm not feeling like showing it off :mad: sorry.

--Jeff

RichK
09/20/2001, 06:46 AM
Steve, I know you have seen it before, but you are always welcome here. The tank is growing out nicely after the redo. I just had to break up the big colonies, they were way too large. Have a great time in Philly. I would also recomend visiting "The Hidden Reef". It is a great store with decent pricing, especially salt. What other LFS can you go to and buy a 200G bucket of IO salt mix for 34.99?