PDA

View Full Version : Where to get 5 lb. CO2 bottle in Philly?

SeaMac
09/06/2001, 06:27 PM
Hey everybody...

In my quest to set up a healthier an slightly more maintenance-free tank, I finally broke down and purchased a calcium reactor (about a month ago). I haven't set it up yet because I'm having trouble finding a place to pick up a CO2 bottle. I've tried MAC Gases in Hatboro and they haven't had any 5 lb. (I'm a little tight on space otherwise I'd go for the 10lb.) ones for the past three weeks!!!

So, do you guys know of any other places where I can get a 5 lb. CO2 bottle and have it filled?

Thanks for your help! :)

Chris

JRegs
09/06/2001, 08:47 PM
Welding or bar/restuarant supply house

VinceC
09/06/2001, 09:19 PM
I get mine filled at the beer distributer
I put a deposit $ 40 on the bottle and it cost $13 each time I take it back
when I need refilling I just swap it for a filled one.

It is a 20lb bottle. but I pretty sure they have smaller ones

Vince

RichK
09/07/2001, 06:42 AM
I get mine from a place called "Robert's Oxygen". They are in West Chester, but I think they have locations in a few other places. BTW, it costs me about 14 bux every time I need the bottle refilled(#20). Also, you may want to think about getting a bottle larger than #5. My original #5 bottle lasted me about 6 weeks. My 20 has been going strong for a few months now. I do use my dual chamber reactor quite agressively though.

SeaMac
09/07/2001, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the help guys! :)

JRegs,
Those are the type of places I've been looking for, but haven't had much luck. Do you know the names of any in particular?

Vince,
I know you live up in the NE...what's the name of the place you go to? I'm up that way relatively frequently so I might look into it.

RichK,
Thanks for the name of that place too...I'm going to see if there is a Robert's located a little closer to me.

Thanks again!
Chris

VinceC
09/08/2001, 06:32 AM
Bound beverage on Rt. 13 in Bensalem it is between
Street and Woodhaven rd.

Vince

SeaMac
09/08/2001, 03:54 PM
Vince,

Thanks for the info... I'll probably check it out during the week.

FYI...For anyone else looking for this stuff I found out that BOC Gases in King of Prussia also has all types of CO2 equipment, etc... And there is a Roberts Oxygen in Collingdale, PA (not far from the airport).

Thanks again.
Chris

Ziggy43
09/23/2001, 08:20 AM
I get all my so-called hightech equipment from www.thehiddenreef.com .They are located on Roosevelt blvd.You can get directions from there website.They carry alot of equipment.Warning -If you drive down for the first time the name of the store is exactly true.The store sits behind a row of ministores.I'd call them to see if they carry it.Ken.