PDA

View Full Version : What can the club do for you?

Sir Knight
04/24/2004, 05:52 PM
As a member of MTRC, what benefits would you like from the club?

Example: Well known guest speakers at a meeting

fishdoc11
04/24/2004, 07:45 PM
"Ask not what you can do for your club, but what your club can do for you". I guess I've never thought about it that way. To me the most important aspect of the club is the comraderie. Everything else is just a bonus. I think discounts at lfs's would be nice(Ebay stepped up and gave us 10% after the first meeting). Also viewing the Aquarium restaurant "behind the scenes" like was suggested in another thread would be cool. The sighnup list for people to take care of tanks for members that are out of town is a great idea. A regional frag swap would be nice. If we could get a well known guest speaker that would be great. Those are a few things I could think of.
thanks for asking, Chris

reewik
04/24/2004, 08:50 PM
I agree with all Chris has suggested.

For those of you who do not know, Chat aquarium is adding a new salt building to the existing aquarium. To find out if maybe we can get a behind the scenes tour of that would be cool.

Another thing I like is the viewing of others systems to see how they keep their critters. My sytem in young and to see systems that have been around a while is really awsome.

The ability to swap or share frags with one another is awsome. Fishdoc11 and Coralreefing have provided several locals with frags they have raised with great success.

That is all that comes to mind at the moment.