PDA

View Full Version : Fish Adoption Emergency

missy1101
04/23/2004, 08:44 PM
Hey all,
I have a dilemma that I could use some help with.

An aquaintance of mine called me tonight with a fish problem. She is one of those buy first and ask later types. Well, she bought a dogface puffer for her 55g tank about 2 yrs ago, along with a lion fish. She has been able to keep them alive for this long but I am not sure how. Well now it seems that the puffer is rubbing its face against the glass(not 100% sure but what it looks like). And has what looks like a "bloody nose". I explained to her about the fish being in a tank that is too small as well as the fact she has not been feeding it nearly enough and that it is not going to survive in its current conditions. She does not have a quarantine tank either.

She is loking for someone that has a quarantine as well as a big enough tank that could possibly take the fish and treat it as well as keep it so it could live and grow as it should.

As most of us have reeftanks, I do realize I am asking for alot. But if there is anyone that has the experience and the space to try and nurse this puffer back to health your help would be greatly appreciated.

I am hoping that she has learned her lesson by this experience and will not buy anything else without doing the necessary research first.

If anyone can help, I have her contact information please get in touch with me. Again, she is in the Davie/Hollywood area.

In the meantime I have advised her to do w/c and try to get it to eat.

Thanks

missy

pdavies
04/25/2004, 10:55 PM
Tell her to bring it to my shop. We've got healthy puffers one of which we've had a year and very roomy 200 gal tanks for it. If it's not in terrible shape I'll give her some credit for it. I'm used to adopting fish, we have a damsel orphanage as well.

missy1101
04/25/2004, 11:05 PM
Thanks Pat, I will call her tomorrow and let her know.