PDA

View Full Version : Webpage Question

SoupySteve
04/22/2004, 02:48 PM
When I visit the SEAS webpage, I can only see squares with Xs in them where (I assume) there are links to other sections of the website.
I assume that this is part of my antivirus software or something. Anyone know what I need to enable or disable to click these links?

Red Sea Purple Tang
04/22/2004, 03:07 PM
Mmmmm....I'm not sure, everything comes through ok for me.....hopefully someone else will chime in.

LargeJohn
04/22/2004, 04:06 PM
Everything looks good from here.

I don't know if I can help or not Steve, but let's try.

Why don't you start by telling us about your PC??

Internet Explorer or Netscape??

Dialup or broadband internet??

One thing strange that I did notice was that when I point the mouse at a link on the page, the mouse pointer does not change to a "pointing finger" as on most links. However I am able to navigate the page OK except for enlarge the member pics.

Red Sea Purple Tang
04/22/2004, 04:27 PM
The buttons have a different look when the mouse is moved over it. Not sure if that's why you don't get the "pointing finger".

SoupySteve
04/22/2004, 06:58 PM
I'm pretty sure that it is simply some setting on my computer I have set. I'm using internet explorer, broadband through mediacom, and I'm using zone alarm for my firewall. I'll just mess with my security settings and see what happens. I know that I didn't have this issue before the website was updated.

SoupySteve
04/22/2004, 07:21 PM
I turned off my Zone Alarm and hit REFRESH. A message icon popped up in the explorer window. I clicked on it and got this message:
Problems with this Web page might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly. In the future, you can display this message by double-clicking the warning icon displayed in the status box.

I then hit the "show details" button, and this message was displayed:

Line: 31
Char: 1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0
URL: http://home.att.net/`redseapurpletang/home.htm

LargeJohn
04/23/2004, 08:35 AM
That is my same setup.

Check what version of Internet Explorer you have. 6.0 or better should be good.

The only other thing that I can suggest is to set the security settings in Internet Explorer to the Medium default level.

1. Tools Menu
2. Internet Options
3. Security Tab
4. Click Default Level
5. Select Medium
6. Hit Apply
7. Hit OK

Red Sea Purple Tang
04/24/2004, 04:46 PM
Hey John....is there something I can do to our web site to help the broadbanders? I'm not a cpu guru, but Rusty Emailed me this morning and said he couldn't view the page?

LargeJohn
04/24/2004, 09:40 PM
I'm already over my head. It sounds like my Internet Explorer settings are the same as Steve's. I am also using ZoneAlarm, as is Steve. My Zone Alarm settings are:

Firewall:

Internet Zone Security High
Trusted Zone Security Med

Program Control: Med

I don't have any problems accessing the page.

The only other guess I have is to download the latest version of Java. Mine is version 1.3.1_03

Red Sea Purple Tang
04/28/2004, 03:05 PM
Soup,

Are ya getting the web site alright now?

SoupySteve
04/28/2004, 03:20 PM
Nope - all of the links or "buttons" (I guess that's what they are) on the left hand side of the page appear as rectangles with a square with a red x in them.
Could you tell me what the address is for the aquarium pics? I'd like to see how the pics you took of my tank turned out.

Red Sea Purple Tang
04/30/2004, 09:06 AM
Hey Soup, here ya go:

Clicky clicky (http://home.att.net/~redseapurpletang/MPics.htm)