PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Aquatics & Exotics. Great new LFS

sunamoon
04/20/2004, 08:42 AM
I just want to give a big thumbs up to the new LFS in Clarksville. Downtown Aquatics & Exotics. I went there to check it out yesterday afternoon. I live 40 minutes away. we dont have a LFS really close. i was glad to see it was worth the trip.
The new place is something to be proud of. Clean, Attractive, and the staff was terrific. The prices were great too! They were very helpful an friendly to a newbie like me. Did not mind me picking their brains with questions or comments. Their tanks were so bright and beautiful. Their livestock seemed extremely healthy. Had some beautiful choices. I really enjoyed talking with the staff and owner. i know i will be going back there when my cycle is done.
If your in the area, Stop in and see them, its worth it. Here's a phone number in case you need directions! 931-647-3474

I did check out one other LFS in clarksville. I was not impressed with anything there other than the size of the store. The SW tanks were dirty to me. the staff barely spoke, let alone smiled. Their selection of watergarden plants were not being taken care of properly. Some were being burned by the sun through the window. (they had not been acclimated to the bright light from a winterd greenhouse. Hence the burned leaves.) some bog plants who like really wet feet were completely dry, and withering. Been doing water gardens for 12 years. Its the one area I am no newbie!

All This is Just my opinion of course.... but first impressions go a long way with me...

Countzer0
04/20/2004, 07:12 PM
got the store address? i'll add it to the site tonight

aquaman67
04/20/2004, 07:21 PM
Downtown Aquatics & Exotics
135 Franklin St.
Clarksville, TN
(931) 647-FISH (3474)

It's directly across the street from the Blackhorse Pub and brewery. So if you like fish and Mirco-Brewery beer it's worth a trip!