PDA

View Full Version : Some success

thetedinator
04/18/2004, 04:18 PM
I guess my tank is doing ok. 6 weeks ago or so I purchased some corals from Phishy Business. Included in the order was an unknown Acropora and a couple of orange Ricordia yuma. The acro is the typical brown stick looking frag. It has grown a little and over the last week, it has developed a few light blue tips. Also, one of the yumas has been itching to leave it's rock almost from day one. Well it finally moved off that rock onto another. And, it has two mouths. So I'm guessing it is about to split.

I'm calling this a minor victory considering that I just lost my yellow eye tang.

Ted

thetedinator
04/18/2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by thetedinator
....Also, one of the yumas has been itching to leave it's rock almost from day one. Well it finally moved off that rock onto another. And, it has two mouths. So I'm guessing it is about to split.

I'm calling this a minor victory considering that I just lost my yellow eye tang.

Ted

I guess I needed to look more closely. When I went to remove the old rock, the yuma was still attached. When I looked at it up close, there is only 1 mouth.:(

Ted

Konadog
04/18/2004, 10:18 PM
Give it time Ted, you'll end up with a bunch of them.

I bought a ric from Rich back at Januarys swap that has since split 3 times.

thetedinator
04/18/2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Konadog
Give it time Ted, you'll end up with a bunch of them.

I bought a ric from Rich back at Januarys swap that has since split 3 times.

Ken,

Do you spot feed your rics? If so, what do you feed 'em?

Ted

Konadog
04/18/2004, 10:32 PM
No, just light! They sit at the bottom of the tank 24" down from 175w MH's. (soon to be 250's)

thetedinator
04/18/2004, 10:50 PM
No, just light! They sit at the bottom of the tank 24" down from 175w MH's. (soon to be 250's)

Ken,

I'd like to hear details on your lighting upgrade. I'm running 175s and want to upgrade later this year.

I have two orange yumas and 1 green florida, all on the bottom. No splits yet but no problems either.

Ted

Konadog
04/19/2004, 12:02 AM
Ted, two PFO Mini pendants w/ Helio eletronic balasts. Not sure what bulbs yet, thinking one of the new 14k's.

mcsock
04/20/2004, 11:52 AM
Seems 175 MH at the bottom of the tank is the best lighting for rics. They are mushrooms, no need to feed them anything really. They just grow.

csunracer
04/21/2004, 11:50 AM
Ted, two PFO Mini pendants w/ Helio eletronic balasts. Not sure what bulbs yet, thinking one of the new 14k's.

The 14K bulbs are very sweet!! You can say goodbye to actinics!