PDA

View Full Version : any used bulbs for sale?

David Corbett
09/04/2001, 01:47 AM
Anyone have some used iwasaki 400's for sale? I need some cheap temporary bulbs for some prop tanks. Maybe at the next meeting we could work something out.DOC

Brad Ward
09/04/2001, 10:41 AM
Are you kidding...:D :D :D :D :D

David Corbett
09/05/2001, 02:05 PM
No, fer real, right now I'm using warehouse grade bulbs you know the 3800/4300 temp bulbs. And yes corals do grow just fine under them, they are what I started using 12 years ago when that was all that was available so I have plenty left over. Back then I would use the big heavy tar ballast with NO phillip 03 actinics and the ballast would be oversized so you could get more light out of the bulbs. Actinic supplementation was necessary unless you just like the look of yellow tanks, I mean yellow. A used iwasaki will have plenty of output for my purposes IMO and will not be as yellow.:) DOC

Brad Ward
09/05/2001, 02:29 PM
David,

I meant I had a bunch!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Let me know how many you need, and I'll bring them to the meeting. Got any frags to trade?

Brad

nvillacci
09/06/2001, 03:01 PM
Don't suppose you happen to have any used 175 watters around. I just upgraded my 10 gallon tank to a 175 MH... Seems to be darker then my previouse 72 PC I had. It may just be the 10K bulb I have. Do you have any 175 bulbs hanging around? I got some nice acro frags and a toadstool I could frag out for ya.

Later!
Nick

Brad Ward
09/06/2001, 03:42 PM
Nick,

I only have 55k venture in the 175 watt size, but you are welcome to them. You'll have to come over some time for trading. I am looking for Acro's right now. Let me know.

Brad

nvillacci
09/07/2001, 10:05 AM
Well have to set sometime up. This weekend I have Airforce Duty. Maybe next weekend I can make the trip. Ill bring it up next week during the week to see if we can work something out.
Later

-nick

David Corbett
09/11/2001, 04:56 AM
Computer got fried last week in an electrical storm, kinda out of the internet loop right now:( I don't have any Acro's But I do have some greenbacks I could frag out:cool: I could use 4 Bulbs ifin you have them. DOC

Brad Ward
09/15/2001, 11:31 AM
Nick,

I have a feeling you might be busy in the coming months.:( Let me know and I'll bring them to the meeting or you can pick them up if you have the time. Best of luck.

David,

No problem. I have at least a dozen. They are changed out yearly, so they should be viable for another 6 months at least.

ttys,

Brad

nvillacci
09/17/2001, 07:58 AM
Well so far I havent been activated, as for the upcoming months, who knows? Hey I wonder what kind of corals they have in the mideast(Nick TRYING to be an optimist). Is the meeting this week or next week? Ill try to make it if possible, and Ill bring some frags. Corals love the 175 MH I put over the 10 gallon:cool:

Later guys, and God bless...

Nick

Brad Ward
09/18/2001, 08:59 AM
Nick,

I hope it isn't necessary for you to go anywhere. Sure am glad my service was completed in 78. I will bring you a couple bulbs. The meeting is tomorrow.

Take care,

Brad