PDA

View Full Version : May 1st PROP Meeting

mx_tang
04/15/2004, 06:08 PM
PROP will not be holding a May 1st PROP meeting next month. However, we will still meet from 2pm-5pm and have an open panel discussion about PROP, a few educational presentations, as well as a raffle prize giveaway.

Some of the mini presentations may include:

Water Quality and Ideal Parameters

Lighting

Protein Skimming

Wavemaking and the Flowrates

Propagating Corals

General Q & A

dmorel
04/15/2004, 09:07 PM
PROP will not be holding a May 1st PROP meeting next month
I think this should read we will not be holding an AUCTION, but we WILL be holding a meeting.

-dm

mx_tang
04/16/2004, 01:06 AM
Thanks Dave,

Yes, we will have our first meeting, but we will not have an auction on May 1st.

joeyf
04/16/2004, 01:38 AM
Aww, man! Oh well, that means I won't be broke at the beginning of the month:D

CrystalAZ
04/16/2004, 04:50 AM
Eek! Does that mean no auction until June, or will there be one in May?

Crystal

mx_tang
04/16/2004, 06:37 AM
Hi Crystal,

Yes, our next auction will be June 5th. Hopefully, that will just give us more time to frag out things for the auction in the summer.

AZDesertRat
04/16/2004, 01:24 PM
I'm having withdrawls already!

CrystalAZ
04/16/2004, 07:28 PM
Boooo! Booooooo!

Just kidding... I'll live. But that's a long time until the next auction. :(

Crystal

dmorel
04/16/2004, 11:55 PM
No one said there can't be some trading going on (hint hint...)
-dm

CrystalAZ
04/17/2004, 01:18 AM
I'll have to see what happens... right now, I am having a zo issue (see the thread in the zoanthid forum) and I am not going to trade anymore zos until I make sure this disease isn't spreading further.

The last thing I'd want to do is infect someone else's tank.

The good news... the zos in QT may not make it, but no other colonies in the main tank are showing signs of sickness.

I won't be at FRAG tomorrow but I'll try to make it to the next PROP meeting and hopefully will have some stuff to trade by then! :)

Crystal

polymorphus
04/17/2004, 01:44 AM
I think the delay is a good thing! Having this time should allow those selling frags time to cut, mount, and stabilize there pieces before brining them to auction. Its better for the corals and better for us :D

- g

Discus_breeder
04/17/2004, 11:54 AM
Mike if I see you this afternoon I will donate to your Raffel 1 Dual In-Line TDS shown below
George

FEATURES
Highly efficient and accurate due to its advanced microprocessor technology.
Displays TDS levels of the Feed Water and Product Water with in & out electrode probes.
Auto-Off function conserves battery power. The unit shuts off automatically after 10 minutes of non-use.
Dual Range - Measures from 0 ~ 999ppm, with a resolution of 1ppm. From 1,000 to 9,990ppm, the resolution is 10ppm, indicated by a blinking 'x10' image.
Factory Calibrated -Recalibration is not necessary.
Comes equipped with John Guest Quick-Connect T-fittings as shown.
Installs quickly and easily.

SPECIFICATIONS
Range: 0 ~ 9990ppm
Accuracy: ±2%
Power source: 2 x 1.5V button cell batteries (included)
Battery life: over 1,000 hours of continuous use
Size: 7.6 x 2 x 4.7 cm (3 x .8 x 1.9 in.)
Weight: 100 g (3.5 oz.)
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-1/7658/dual_tds_meter.jpg

owsi
04/27/2004, 07:16 PM
Hi everybody, Is there a update on topics? Going to try and make it by 2:00. Mike will you have the Nannochloropsis, do you need the empty? Thanks, John

BLUESMAN
04/27/2004, 07:36 PM
Presentation is still at 2pm. We are planning a brief discussion about PROP and what we are attempting to accomplish. Hopefully this will answer a few questions about what we are doing. I think mx was thinking of having a explaination of different lighting(with demos) and possibly a wave making topic.
Blue

mx_tang
04/27/2004, 11:13 PM
Hi John,

I'll have the Instant-Algae at the PROP meeting for those who've pre-ordered it. I believe there are still a few sets left.

We our scheduled to have a lighting topic with the different types of lighting which include, VHO, PC, MH (mogul and double ended), and possibly T-5's.

A wavemaking discussion is also planned if time permits, but the PROP Q&A and lighting experiment will be the main events (along with a freebie raffle). Remember, the raffle costs nothing to enter, but you'll need to show up to get your prizes :)