PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 75G with Overflows

Fischer
04/14/2004, 08:31 PM
I'm from Appleton, WI and am in the market for a 75G drilled for overflows (However, I'll need them plugged until I can afford the sump system - I have HOB everything now...)

I cannot find anything local except at Animal Adventures and they want 249.00... Seems a bit high...

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

(Gooch, if you are out there, can you get these things???!)

-Tim

GuidoSarduchi
04/14/2004, 11:50 PM
Try http://www.aquaticworld.net/

I have seen good prices listed on there... I am considering picking up a 90 RR from them when I buy a house.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

BryanJ
04/27/2004, 04:09 AM
Aquatic Imports in Green Bay has similar prices. If you add the cost of gas to Aquatic Imports prices they are the same until you get to the 180 gallon tank not quite sure what happens there. Not to mention you can make it to Green Bay and back in a hour and a 1/2. the Milwaukee trip 4 hrs round trip and what if you are missing a part in the overflow kit that is another 4 hour trip not really worth it to me unless you are buying the 180 or larger.

Last time I priced the 75 it was 200 for the tank and 42 for the overflow kit.

Fischer
04/30/2004, 10:51 PM
Rats. Already ordered and just picked up today. I was looking for the lowest price on the kit because I know Aquatic world was the highest I found, but after driving for almost two hours, I didn't wan't to argue.

Besides, i picked up a nice Tidepool 2 to use for my sump at a pretty decent price ($95) - so I left happy.

Now all I have to do is run the electrical and plumbing and within the month I can move my tank to the new one! (Unfortunately, I'll have to empty the current one completely in order to get the base moved under the new tank... :( )

Thanks for the info though!

BryanJ
05/02/2004, 11:12 PM
The tidepool made up for the overflow kit not to mention the convienence of one stop shopping. Congrats on the new tank and welcome to the addiction, I mean hobby.:lol:

gooch
05/04/2004, 04:39 AM
I do not do tanks. Well only really large tanks that I can have shipped directly to your house. I will be redoing a system over the next few months and will have a used 125 and used 75 reef ready tanks I am going to sell cheap. I am replacing them with a shallow grow out system that I will be building out of acrylic. Dimensions will be 6'x3'x12". The 125 has a scratch in it though.

GuidoSarduchi
05/04/2004, 06:01 AM
Gooch - may be interested in one of the tanks when you want to sell. Shoot me a message if you think of it.