PDA

View Full Version : diamond gobie MIA...

SexiShrimp
04/14/2004, 09:42 AM
Hey all,

I came back from my 4 day vacation and all my critters were ok except that I can't seem to find my diamond goby! He usually is swimming around and sifting sand....but I can't find him anywhere. I checked around the tank to see if he jumped out but I couldn't find a fishie carcass. Is he dead or just hiding really well???

:)
Mimi

Sir Knight
04/14/2004, 11:47 AM
Mimi,
I would think that your fish is dead, Sorry. :(
See if you can find the body and remove it from the tank. If you can not find him, keep an eye on your ammonia levels for spikes.

Just something to think about: Most if not all of the sand sifters will make a real mess in your tank. They will in time cover your rock and coral with sand. So you may not want to add another to your tank if he indeed is gone

Sorry for your lose :(

SexiShrimp
04/14/2004, 12:16 PM
I did notice more algae growth than normal since I have come back from my trip. Maybe his little dead body provided food for the rest of the tank....I looked for his body and couldn't find it. All of my corals seem to be doing great. I'll do a water change as soon as I can just in case! Thanks!
Mimi

adshuraj777
04/14/2004, 03:41 PM
my diamond dug a cave under a rock and stayed there for a while, but was totally out of sight, hopefully thats all that has happened.

icereefer
04/14/2004, 03:46 PM
there jumpers,he didn't jump out?

SexiShrimp
04/15/2004, 08:40 AM
I didn't see his little body mummified anywhere near my tank...I thought he may have jumped but I guess not!

icereefer
04/15/2004, 10:17 AM
myself has lost 2 of them now one I found in between my filter and tank and the other one I found in my closet which is in the other room I'm thinking my cat was using it for a play toy.
or he tunnled under a rock and it gave way.

jslomo420
04/16/2004, 07:58 PM
mine jumped and i found him in the hall about 30 ft away (the cats are suspects) i also had a spotted mandarin jump before i got a lid