PDA

View Full Version : Chiller for sale in LA

cali_reef
04/10/2004, 02:57 AM
1/6 hp Westcoast Aquatics chiller with a dual stage Ranco controller for sale!!

Asking $300. The chiller was overhauled by Westcoast Aquatics last summer and the controller is less then I year old. It works very well in keeping my 80 gallon tank with two 175W MH light cool in +90 deg days. This is a flow thru type, you will need to feed it with a pump or have it plumb thru your overflow drain.

NO SHIPPING, pick up only and WILL NOT PART OUT these two items.

AQUA951
04/11/2004, 02:13 AM
Do you have the specs on this chiller? Any pics of the Chiller? I also take theres nothing wrong with it and it works great? Also, how is this chiller compare to the 1/6 Aquanetics Chiller?

cali_reef
04/11/2004, 02:47 AM
Sorry, no spec or manual with it. I will take some pictures tomorrow.

There is a built in temp gage and mechanical temp controller that are not working very accurately. But I am including a Ranco dual stage that works great. I don't know how it compares with the Aquanetics chiller.

AQUA951
04/11/2004, 02:47 PM
Not too familar with chillers, but the problem with the built in temp gauge and temp controller won't have any affect with the ranco controller would it or how the chiller performs? Correct me if i'm wrong, but you can disabled the built in gauge and controller while using the ranco controller for a more accurate reading?

cali_reef
04/11/2004, 09:34 PM
You are correct but I didn't disable anything. The built-in gage is out of battery and it is a pain to change. The machnical temp comtroller is turned downed to 75'F as a fail safe. The chiller works fine without the Ranco controller but it does not control the temp as accurate.

The Ranco controller will display the tank temp and you program it to turn on the chiller at xx'F with a x number of difference. I had it turning the chiller on at 80'F +2'F, It turns the chiller on when the tank temp reaches 82'F and turn the chiller off at 80'F. This is a dual controller so you can turn another device on, either a X'F above or X'F below a temp you set. I used my second stage to turn my heater on at 77'F - 1'F.

Marinedepot.com sell a same unit under the Aqua Logic / CustomSeaLife name for $149.

AQUA951
04/11/2004, 10:33 PM
I take it you have not got a chance to get some pics yet? If things looks good, I'll take it. Will Friday be good after 3pm? Where are you located at?

cali_reef
04/11/2004, 11:18 PM
Here are some pics:

http://www.amazingreef.com/Misc/Chiller.JPG
You can see the machnical temp controller at the left lower corner.

http://www.amazingreef.com/Misc/Ranco%20Controller.JPG

Friday will not be good. I will not be around for couple of weeks, I can ask my wife to show it to you on the weekends if you like to come by. I am in Sherman Oaks, close to the 101 and 405 interchange.

AQUA951
04/11/2004, 11:33 PM
How about Saturday after 3pm? Please email or pm me your address & #. Thanks

cali_reef
04/13/2004, 12:10 AM
can I get back to you on Friday? I am having an open house from 2-5 so it will have to before 2 or after 5.

AQUA951
04/13/2004, 12:34 AM
sure no problem, but most likey it will be after 5. Thanks

cmagallon
04/17/2004, 06:53 PM
I'll trade you for my sweat shirt! LOL:lol: