PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Life Coral Plankton

Sir Knight
04/09/2004, 11:09 AM
Gang,
A few months ago I had the opportunity to try a new SPS coral food "Liquid Life Coral Plankton". This food in MO is one of the best foods that has hit the market in years. When I used it on my SPS tanks I noticed greater polyp expansion, faster growth, and attachment in newly fragged corals. My parent colonies healed much faster than I have seen in the past. This is not zooplankton.
It comes in a pump bottle. You only need a couple of pumps depending on the size of your tanks. I was feeding it twice a week to my SPS tanks. I did notice that my clams rejected this product, which would make sense since clams eat zooplankton.

One additional note: When you use this product turn off your skimmer for about a hour or two so it doesn't get removed by your skimmer

I see that it is now available to the hobbyist. Marine Depot is now selling it and I highly recommend giving it a try. Here is the link to the product on Marine Depot's site

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_additives_liquid_life_coral_plankton.asp?CartId=

:thumbsup:

rcmike
04/09/2004, 06:19 PM
That looks promising. How long would the 30ml bottle last for a heavily SPS populated 110 gal. tank?

Sir Knight
04/09/2004, 06:42 PM
I would say a month or two depending on how you feed.

I did notice after reading their new label, that they added Pavlova algae to their formula. This was not in the samples that I received. I would think it would be food for your pods, a little added benefit.

I was also thinking that maybe if enough people would like to order and try this stuff we could get one of the local stores to do a group buy for us or we may be able to do a group buy with one of the online vendors.

Hope this helps