PDA

View Full Version : Feedback for PLAYFAIR

LgIslandreefers
08/31/2001, 12:45 PM
I bought a single ricordea mushroom from David PLAYFAIR. The entire deal went smoothly. Fast shipment. The ricordea mushroom was healthy and beautiful, well-packaged. I would order from him again.

LgIslandreefers.

fingerwrinkles
08/31/2001, 05:07 PM
Would echo the above comments on 6 SPS frags I purchased from David earlier this month. All arrived healthy and well packaged; they appear to be taking hold quite nicely in their new home.

Schism
08/31/2001, 10:33 PM
Will third the previous two statements. I bought a SEN 900 from him a couple months ago. Great deal great transaction. The shipping was a little more than the quote and he ate the cost. Definitely a good guy to buy from.

JohnL
09/01/2001, 03:11 PM
Playfair is a great guy and his frags are very nice, well packed and healthy. I would do business with him again anytime.

David Grigor
09/05/2001, 10:28 AM
Great Contibutor to this hobby !!

He sent me some used DI cartridges so I could recharge them for a fair price.

reefmanic
09/06/2001, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by JohnL
Playfair is a great guy and his frags are very nice, well packed and healthy. I would do business with him again anytime.

I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got 4 frags from Playfair and missed the first delivery date and had to get them the next day.....total of 2 days in transit and all of them made it and are doing great.Frags were huge too.

Thanks again David.

August

lark
09/12/2001, 04:09 PM
David sold me two MH ballasts. The transaction was perfect. I got exactly what was advertised. They arrived rapidly and in perfect condition. Highly recommended seller.

jasonchi
09/15/2001, 12:57 AM
I got 6 frags from PLAYFAIR and they are very well packed. The frag are healthy and very colorful when received. I've just glued them on the LR in my display tank. A+++. Looking forward to get more frag in the future.

yznhmr
10/16/2001, 07:42 AM
Dave is the best..... A+++++ i got 5 frags from him and they were beautiful, smooth transaction, next day service. Need I say more??? He is a great guy, buying or just sharing info, he is definately a asset to the reefing comunity. And if you buy toady you get a free watch..thanks for the bonus watch Dave..(jk..lol), see our shipping temp testing here: http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40487 (Temp testing) What else can i say? Have a great day all...:D

Gary Majchrzak
03/17/2002, 07:35 PM
My Sarcophyton elegans {Fiji yellow leather}and Plerogyra {bubble coral}are frags from Playfair.They are doing great and they are VERY colorful.How many reefers can frag bubble corals? Top-notch rating for Dave,and the rest of his colorful corals, as well.I've seen them in person! :eek2:

JMAN
04/11/2002, 08:43 PM
Well, I now have my own piece of the "Mistress", and what a nice piece it is. Received several SPS frags and some zoo's from David recently. Everything was smooth and the corals are excellent! To top that off, David Playfair seems like a great guy. This was definately an interactive deal.

Thanks David

Jonathan

skull
04/12/2002, 06:03 PM
just got a order for David. corals came in all good. will buy agian. A+++ to work with. nice one inch size frag(2"). thx David

souk

dendronepthya
04/26/2002, 11:11 AM
I received four frags from Dave. They were all outstanding. They were shipped well, and immediately acclimated to my aquarium. Thanks a bunch.

harjit
05/03/2002, 04:05 PM
yfpm
Can you send me an email on my AOL address

rcassidy
05/10/2002, 03:36 PM
I've got to post my Kudos for David. I just recieved 6 frags from him and they arrived as scheduled, packed better than any on-line order I've ever placed and to boot they were good sized frags!!

I am definately planning on doing some business with him in the futured. Wonderful communication between buyer and seller.

It's great that the hobby has people like David willing to spend his time, frag some corals, box them up and ship them, and then spend his time responding to all our PITA questions... :)

Thanks again David!

Ryan Cassidy

Harpo
05/11/2002, 08:36 AM
I just received a shipment of a great assortment of zooanthids plus 3 beautiful sps from David Playfair.

Extremely good quality plus great service. Would definately recommend.

Mark

JerseyReef
05/11/2002, 09:02 AM
I received 4 SPS from Dave. All the frags were in great shape, packaged very well and shipped on time. Great guy to do business with.

cruehead
05/12/2002, 01:31 AM
I just received 6 frags from David and all were very nice! price was unbeatable, packed well, nice size and very healthy and colorful. Dave's a great guy to deal with. I wouldnt hesitate to buy from him again. thanx Dave

Scott

harjit
05/13/2002, 09:52 AM
David,
I want to thankyou for taking care of my request.I got the most beautiful and healthy pieces i have ever received from any other wholesale place or even a LFS.
I am so glad i saw you on RC.Not only are your prices the lowest on the net but also the best quality.
I would love to do business with you in the near future and your service is *****(5 Star).
At these prices i am sure you are doing it just to help other reefers get what they want and not to make money.

Thankyou you are the best.

Harjit

jgod6
05/13/2002, 09:47 PM
I purchased 6 frags from Dave. All arrived healthy and well packed. I will definitely buy from Dave again.

Thanks Dave:D

dobish
05/16/2002, 06:18 PM
I bought 7 frags from Dave and I have great compliments.... The frags arrived, packaging was perfect, frags were huge, and they0 were extended even in the bag.

Dave is a great guy, very friendly, and easy to deal with....you'll have a good experience when you deal with him.

Dave is a great asset to our hobby!

JMAN
05/16/2002, 09:08 PM
Just recieved my second order from David.
Too bad this guy isn't a coral dealer. Dealing with him is so smooth there would be no need to deal elsewhere!

Great job David :D

Jonathan

Rothie
05/26/2002, 05:09 PM
I received 8 beautiful frags from Playfair yesterday.The colors and polyp extension on the SPS are amazing and the Zoos and GSP are beautiful. Great packaging and communication. Thank you,David-

jdeardur
05/30/2002, 09:13 PM
I purchased two bright orange ricordea polyps from
David Playfair, and they were of VERY high “quality�.

Well……….Thanks, the corals look fabulous and
the packaging was superb!

ReefBum
06/08/2002, 05:58 PM
Purchased 6 frags from Dave. Extremely smooth transaction.....AAAA+++. Highly recommend doing business with. Would definitely buy from him again. Beautiful/Grade A frags that were packaged very nicely and arrived in great shape. An extremely accommodating and conscientious seller.

Many thanks Dave!!

Keith

Old Yeller Tang
09/06/2002, 11:38 PM
Dave,

What more can I say! You are truly a professional and a pleasure to deal with. Why get ripped off by online dealers when we have good people like you to do business with. Everything was packed nicely and the frags were in excellent condition.:thumbsup:

I've always admired your tank from afar, now I've got a small piece of it in mine.

Thank you very much!

Roland:)

Project Reef
09/06/2002, 11:54 PM
Dave, THANK you for the frag, it is one of the very best things in my tank. I love it. Thanks to Roland as well.

huge1day
10/01/2002, 09:28 PM
Just got my first order from Playfair...very pleased, everything just like he desrcibed. Frags not huge, but very nice. He even "ate" a little extra on the shipping. Definitely would recommend to anyone needing quality frags...

bart:)

ALTI
11/01/2002, 06:20 PM
i bought a few assorted corals from david and was very pleased. his packing was better than any online vender ive ordered from and the quality of his frags are excellent. it was a quick transaction and he responded to all emails promptly. highly reccomended.

sabodish
11/12/2002, 01:11 PM
hey all..
just received my first order of sps frags from david and im pretty impressed. they were very well packed in a styrofoam cooler, double bagged and heat packs. frags were approximately 1" in size, except for a larger slimer that he cut me a deal on (thanks dave) and the color looks excellent. he shipped fedex overnight and provided a tracking number. all in all, a great transaction. i would not hesitate to buy from dave again, and will recommend him to anyone looking for great sps frags at an awesome price.
good job dave!
-mike

Lil' Reefette
11/19/2002, 11:27 PM
I ordered about 6 frags from David last month and everything arrived in perfect condition. He put extra care in bagging each frag to ensure a healthy arrival. They are all healthy and doing very well now. David's a very nice guy and would recommend him to anyone. I would definitely do business with him again.

cthedaytrader
11/21/2002, 12:51 PM
What a great guy. He was amazing to deal with and very freindly. Provided tons of information in addition to the sale. I dont even think he could have made much money after shipping and packaging costs.

I got a nice selection of softies from him at a great price. The shipping was very fast and the packaging was great. Ic ouldnt even tell the difference between his packaging and marinedpot. The frags were all in great shape and nice sized. I have had them for few weeks now and they are all doing great. The green star polyp has some of the brightest coloration I have seen. The ones in the LFS are not even close.

I would highly recommend to anyone who wants some nice frags at great price. Im going to have to get a bigger tank just so I can buy more.

Underwaterrealms
11/24/2002, 07:29 PM
I received 10 frags from Dave and I really like them. Great service very helpful and generous.

Thanks Dave

Chuck Riley

dfitzz
02/04/2003, 03:38 PM
Excellent overall -size, color, shipping, just a real pleasure to do biz with. Highly reccomended

Thanks

Lil' Reefette
02/21/2003, 02:24 PM
Karenhair1,

David's web site is: http://mistressreef.homestead.com/

aquapollock
03/21/2003, 06:16 PM
Dave

Finally got this thing to let me post. I am very happy with all the wonderful frags. I can't wait for everything to take off. You are definitely someone i will do business with again as well as recommend to fellow hobbiest.

Vince

LotR Clown
03/25/2003, 09:09 AM
As with all that have posted, my experiene was a good one.
I recieved 8 sps frags exactly when I wanted them and they are all in great shape. Some beautiful coloration and variety. Don't hesitate to order from Dave, he's a cool guy and easy to deal with. Thanks for the great frags.

Kevin

ROBZ
03/25/2003, 09:46 AM
I should say also that I got beautifull frags from Dave, the packings was impecable,:D
He is very friendly & helpfull:thumbsup:

reef hobbiest
04/21/2003, 08:23 PM
We bought several frags from David and they were in excellent shape when they arrived. He was very helpful and very nice to talk to about any concerns you had.

I would recommend buying any frags from David. He does a great job at shipping also and his prices are very fair for what you get. Just check out his tank and you can see what great care he does to his tank and how healthy they all are.

He gets my vote!

SaltH2o
05/07/2003, 04:19 PM
David,

Thanks for the 9 great frags! They all arrived with polyps extended and full of color! I've ordered tons of frags and these are some of the best if not the best I've received. You'll be getting another order from us in the very, very near future.

Thanks Again

Travis

Old Yeller Tang
05/07/2003, 04:24 PM
Hmm..., I should go see what Dave has available these days!:D

SaltH2o
05/07/2003, 04:40 PM
Can't say enough about the frags we received! I'll post pictures of these on my web site at some point in the couple of days.

reefyguy
05/17/2003, 01:51 PM
i bought six frags from David Playfair (he sent an extra to compensate for a smaller frag). The whole process was simple and easy. Everything was wrapped, labeled, and bundled neatly. He answered several of my questions without hesitation. Thanks David!
Ed Tutwiler

Rek84
05/30/2003, 08:40 AM
Thanks to Dave for an excellent transaction, and the most beautiful and unique frags I have ever seen!! I ordered 8 frags from Dave, and couldn't be happier. They are all beautiful, healthy, and had polyps extended in even the shipping bags!!

Thanks for everything Dave!!!!

josie
09/29/2003, 06:19 PM
I just picked up some frags from Dave...great guy! Cant wait to get some more.
Thanks Dave,
Josie

Wind
11/07/2003, 11:46 PM
where to pm him??

louisbui
02/07/2004, 01:55 PM
Reef Friends:

Just got 14 SPS frags from Dave...They are all in great condition and well packaged and labeled...He even threw out few extra ones for me....Dave is indeed a honest and great business man to deal with....

Louis

louisbui
02/07/2004, 01:55 PM
Reef Friends:

Just got 14 SPS frags from Dave...They are all in great condition and well packaged and labeled...He even threw out few extra ones for me....Dave is indeed a honest and great business man to deal with....

Louis

Old Yeller Tang
02/07/2004, 02:55 PM
If only they were all like Dave!:D

cthedaytrader
02/07/2004, 04:26 PM
My second time dealing with Dave,
Great to deal with, no place better. The frags are always healthy and amazing. I think I owe 3/4 of my tank to him. Great sps, softies, everything!!!

Will go back again and again!!!!!!!!!!!

MattG
03/01/2004, 01:57 PM
another great experience here with dave. there was a slight mix up on the payment on MY part and dave worked with me and got the shipment out on time as expected. The order was split between myself and a few other locals. I can say my frags are doing great so far. Dave and his frags are a real asset to the hobby. I look forward to doing future bussiness with him

Hobster
04/06/2004, 06:05 PM
Just received my "8 pack" from David. I could not be happier. They arrived right on time, well packed, healthy and great size! David needs a new ruler as they were way over 1" in length:)
Wish I had a bigger tank so I could order a few more.:thumbsup:

LowCel
04/08/2004, 12:40 PM
Once again I received some amazing frags from Dave. I don't know that I have ever dealt with anyone more honest or willing to go out of their way to make sure you get what you want.

The frags are perfect!

Thanks again,
Bruce

goby5
04/12/2004, 02:59 PM
I received 17 sps frags in two shipments from Dave Playfair and have never been so happy! The frags were better and larger than expected and very hardy.

The true test of a supplier is how they react when things go wrong. On one of my shipments FedEx had mechanical difficulties and it took an extra day to receive the shipment. Dave was following the shipment and calling FedEx to make sure I received the corals ASAP. He even added some awesome extras to my next shipment to "make up for" FedEx's mistake.

If you need any frags, this is definitely the guy to get them from! He is helping to bring this hobby up to a new level.

greenfroggiespawn
04/17/2004, 09:31 PM
Hello, how did u guys get into contact with him. His email on his site doesn't seem to work.. I think he changed it, but i dunno.. What's his current, reachable email?

Thanks...

corro
05/15/2004, 05:48 PM
i got 10 frags from Dave and all i have to say is - WOW and THANK YOU!

the frags are more than awesome and Dave is a SUPER nice guy to deal with ... it was a real pleasure getting frags from him!

greenfroggiespawn -- here is his website, there is a frags link at the bottom. http://mistressreef.homestead.com/

mopecula
09/15/2004, 12:19 PM
does any one know how to get in touch with dave. i tried his e-mail on his site but it does not work. i am interested in getting some of his frags.
mo

sabodish
09/15/2004, 05:22 PM
if you find out, please post it...his frags are by far the best i have bought from anyones tank.

mopecula
09/15/2004, 08:32 PM
sabodish!
go to his site - http://mistressreef.homestead.com/
and almost at the bottom it says e-mail me, go ahead and click that and send him a message. that worked for me.

mopecula
09/21/2004, 01:16 PM
i just received my order about 3 hours ago from David Playfair. all i can say is wow!!!! David was great to deal with and the coral frags he sent me are in great shape and what beautiful colors. i am impressed by David, he is a true asset to fellow reefers.

Thanks dave!!

sabodish
09/22/2004, 08:12 AM
dave is the best..i wish he would update his site for whatever new frags he has available!

Jamesurq
09/27/2004, 12:34 PM
Dave is a great guy - the frags I ordered from him were all nice and healty, aside from a tort that didn't make it.

Unfortunatley, all the grown in corals just perished in my crash - I'll definitely be restocking with him as they were nicer than most!