PDA

View Full Version : scotts fairy wrasse and others???

newbyreef
08/31/2001, 12:26 AM
Hi,

ok my new 90 gallon tank is up and running and loaded with my corals and live rock, and now it's time to add some fish.

I currently have one tomato clown, one firefish goby, and one bangaii cardinal.

I want to add a sailfin tang and a scott's fairy wrasse and maybe a true pair of perculas.

Anyway, can anyone tell me if the scott's fairy wrasse is reef safe, what it eats, and how it acts in relation to the other fish I have and may want to get.

I have been looking on the net for info on the scott's but haven't found any.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
C

hcs3
08/31/2001, 01:36 AM
Fish of the Week (http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=6990)

follow the link above. if you have anymore more questions regarding the fairy wrasses, just ask.

if your adding a sailfin to a 90g tank, be sure it is small. try for one around 2" or smaller if you can. i've owned a 90g in the past, and currently have a 75g. i keep a sailfin in my 75g, but i give it away once it reaches around 6". even at 6", the fish is to large for a 75g or 90g tank.

you can add the pair of true percs, but i would remove the tomato clown first. differing clown species have a tendency to not get along in captivity unless enough room and shelter is provided for both. if you've fallen in love with the tomato, why not get a second and forgo the true percs?

with a small sailfin, fairy wrasse, pair of clowns, firefish, and banggai, i'd say your rather nicely stocked. i would caution against adding additional fish, unless it was a second firefish or cardinal.

HTH

henry

holeinone1972
09/01/2001, 06:02 PM
scott's fairy is reef safe, will eat mysis and brine shrimp and just about anything else u put in, try petwarehouse.com for scott's fairy I have a velvet wrasse very similar