PDA

View Full Version : chicago cub baseball

indycop2038
04/07/2004, 11:11 AM
do or will the chicago cubs have a chance to go to the world series.....good additions to the team, but dusty baker will still makes errors in judgement late in the game, they need a closer. let me know what you baseball fans think. i say they will be luck to win the division.

glen:bum: :bum: :bum:

dkh0331
04/07/2004, 12:12 PM
The chubbies will continue their post-season failure this year just as they have for the past 90+ years. Corky Sosa and the rest of the group that call Chewing Gum Field home will let their fans down, once again. :D

David
I bleed CARDINAL RED

Aged Salt
04/07/2004, 05:51 PM
Cub Blue/Red here--Glenn, bad karma--you're outa her'Bob

matt the fiddler
04/07/2004, 08:09 PM
ok, i was stupid enough to date a girl who is a major cards fan, sigh.. can't get her to see the red AND blue..

come on, i have base ball cards from when maddox was on the cubs the first time. you suggesting that he, wood, and prior don't have it? not to mention the other pitchers and SOLID infield line? i mean hello?

IMO cards don't have a team this year, so not worried about the G-F's team even coming close to the cubs

lol

i almost got tickest to the the game last year when hell broke loose.. sigh, had i gone- we would have won ;-)

matt the fiddler
04/07/2004, 08:10 PM
meeting idea! Cubs game and frag swap!

catdoc
04/07/2004, 08:14 PM
Cubs???? How 'bout the REDS!

indycop2038
04/08/2004, 12:41 PM
the cubs.....maddox got a great welcome party from the griffey and dunn. if he was not plunking batters he was give up the long ball. note to greg maddox, chicks do not dig guys who give up the long ball, only guys who can hit the long ball. the cubs do not have a closer....period. injuries will determine the post season for the cubs. they got to make a move for a closer. prior will not be able to sling the rock until the first of may. for maddox, wood, prior, and clemments to be effective they need to stay on a five day rotation.....houston is the team to watch

grunstad
04/08/2004, 02:01 PM
GO CUBS....I think its time to bring Rod Beck back to Chicago!!

Aged Salt
04/08/2004, 03:45 PM
Ahh.....Glenn, O Ye of little faith--during Holy Week, no less:eek: Bob

indycop2038
04/09/2004, 12:45 PM
the goat will live and be the ruler in chicago forever.....facts are facts. you either want to win or you dont, ask the yankees.....george will do what ever it takes. the cubs have always been one player from being great.

Aged Salt
04/09/2004, 04:16 PM
WOW, do you believe this guy?!!!:eek1: :eek2: :D Bob

Fourseahorsemen
04/12/2004, 01:01 PM
Glenn, how can you say the cubs have no closer? Joe B. had 33 saves last year and is two for two in saves this year, it's not how hard you throw it it's where you throw it (memo to mr. Isringhausen). Besides they have Hawkin's and Farnsworth who could close if needed. I admit Gonzo and the new catcher make a weak batting lower end of their lineup but both hit hommers yesterday. There are 20 legit teams that have a shot at the WS this year and they all have weak spots. The cubs are in. The Cards will battle with the Brewers for fourth place.

Wheeldog63
04/12/2004, 10:56 PM
GO SOX;-)

indycop2038
04/13/2004, 01:34 PM
joe b. was not intended to be a closer, he is middle releive pitcher, he was forced to close due to injuries. farnsworth was very hit and miss last year, and showed he could not close in atlanta last week. if you got maddux, prior, wood, and clemments, you need a big time pitcher to seal the deal. not someone that you never know who is going to show up to pitch. there are maybe five teams that will have a chance at the series. cubs pitching has always been there problem, dont get me wrong. i am a cub fan, but at some point you have to call a goat, a goat. the catcher deal is crazy, they could have signed javy lopez or pugh and left maddox in atlanta. maddux is on the down slide of a very good career, maybe, just maybe we look at him as a closer, that would give him a few more years. maddux will be lucky to win 20 games. joey b. and farnsworth are like compairing apples to oranges with wood, prior, and maddux. joey b. was hit and miss in the playoffs, if he was that great of a closer, the cubs would not have had to push wood, and prior into late inning games. dusty knew he did not have a late inning pitcher to handle flordia's line up. you have got to cover the basics in baseball, and there are a few positions you have to be strong in, our you will loose the big games. the big games are what counts,and they are the ones you have to win. the cubs will always be just an average team, that will never make the big move to be a winner

Aged Salt
04/13/2004, 04:26 PM
:o Bob

indycop2038
04/13/2004, 04:50 PM
sorry bob.....i talked james watson the other day, he told me to tell you hello. he will be in indpls. on the 29th and the 30th. i am suppost to have dinner with him and dick marcinco. marcinco was the commander of seal team two and started seal team six. there are old buddies. i like the cubbies, but i get very frustrated with them.

Aged Salt
04/13/2004, 04:56 PM
Glenn, if you think Watson is crazy, wait to you get a load of Marcinko--he was the "pointer" on that Navy Seals unit--unbelievable:eek: :) Bob

dkh0331
04/14/2004, 11:35 AM
Some Chubbie jokes-

A Cardinal fan, an Astro fan and a Cub fan were walking down a deserted road, they came across a woman who was unconscious and nude, the Cardinal fan out of respect covered her left breast with his hat, the Astro fan out of respect covered her right breast, and the Cub fan covered her lower region if you will with his hat. They decided to call the police to help the lady, the cop arrives and lifts the Cardinal hat and writes something down, then does the same with the Astros hat, then he lifts the Cubs hat once, and then a second time and then a third time, finally the group ask what are you doing, and the Cop says "Sorry, I am used to seeing a-holes under a Cubs cap."

And another-
An Arab oil sheik,who is wealthy almost beyond words, is contemplating what to give his daughter for her upcoming 13th birthday.

The sheik asks his daughter,"What would you like for your 13th birthday that would make it the most special day that I could provide for you ?"

The daughter replies,"Oh father, I would REALLY like to go to Walt Disney World !!!"

The father replies,"If that is your wish, Walt Disney World it will be !!"

The sheiks private jet takes them to Orlando, Florida,where a limo takes them right up to the entrance to WDW, where they spend the whole day, doing the park up one side, and down the other, to the daughter's complete delight. The day turns to evening, and as is the norm in WDW, as the rides in the park are closed at days end, Main Street with all it's gift shops are still open to try and get the tourists who visited WDW that day, to possibly spend what remaining money they have, before ending their visit, and returning to their cars.

The father and daughter are standing in the middle of Main Street, reflecting on the never to be forgotten day they have experienced. With the moon and stars shining brightly overhead, the lights twinkling in the Main street trees, the wonderful music playing in the park, they take one last look at Cinderella's beautifully lit castle, as the father looks into the beaming face of his daughter.

He asks,"Daughter, have you enjoyed your birthday?"

The daughter replies"Oh father, it has been the most special of all !!"

He then asks her,"Is there ANYTHING else that I could get you, my daughter, to make your wonderful day complete?"

The daughter looks down for a moment in deep thought, and then lovingly looking up at her father gives her answer.

"Oh father,"she says," I would REALLY, REALLY like to have a Mickey Mouse outfit !!!"

The smile dissappears from the father's face as he sadly looks at his daughter and says:

"I hate to have to dissapoint you, on this most special of all days, my daughter, but as I speak, the Chicago Cubs are not for sale !!"

And the final one-
A Cardinal fan gets on the plane and sits down in his seat. He kicks his shoes off and relaxes. Before long he strikes up a conversation with the two guys next to him and finds out they are Cub Fans. They talk cordially for a while and then the Card fan (being a bud man) gets tired of waiting to be served so he goes for a beer and offers to get the guys next to him a beer. One Cub Fan declines but one accepts.

As soon as his back is turned, the Cub fan in the middle seat reaches down, grabs a shoe and hocks a lugee in it. The second Cub fan was laughing his backside off. The Cardinal fan comes back but (again being a Cardinal fan) it isn't long before he wants another round. This time the other Cub fan accepts the offer of a Brew.

Like before, as soon as his back is turned the second Cub fan asks for the other shoe and he hocks a lugee in it.

Well, they all finish their beers just before landing. Both Cub fans were giddy with excitement as the Card reaches down to slip on his shoes. It only took an instant for the Card fan to realize what has gone on. The Cardinal Fan looks at both Cub fans and says

"How long must this go on between Cardinal fans and Cub fans? All of this spitting in shoes and wizzing in beers has got to stop sometime."

:D

David

indycop2038
04/14/2004, 01:06 PM
hey bob.....marcinco is out of controll, but he does things people only wish they had the balls to do. he is a stand up guy, along with watson. they believe in taking care of there troops, and the hell with the rank and file.

my kinda supervisor

Twist N Go
04/14/2004, 07:02 PM
I think its time to call it a season, its over for the cubs. :eek1:
holla at yo santa

indycop2038
04/15/2004, 12:45 PM
joey b. where did your fastball go. joey averaged mid 90's last year, and this year he averages mid 80's. you can not be a closer in the big leagues with 10 miles an hour off your fastball. mark priors injury is worse than the cubs are coming out with. mental note: does it supprise you that dusty baker is the manager, and there is a pitcher with an arm injury, prior pitched 60 plus innings more last year than he did the year before. thats a elbow reconstruction in the works (tommy john surgery). i know, i have had two of them done to my left elbow. maddux has been seen dating that goat that they kicked out of the wrigley. i told greg maddux not to kiss that goat. he is 0-2, but dusty stated greg always starts slow. maddux and joey b. can sit in there rocking chairs and talk about the old days when they could throw in 90s. i hope greg can help joey with pitch location, they both will need it.

the injurys are starting to come quick, no rest for the players.

Aged Salt
04/15/2004, 04:04 PM
Glenn, believe you're huffing some O3 when Jeremy & Cory aren't looking:D See ya tomorrow,Bob

indycop2038
04/16/2004, 12:51 PM
the only thing that will help the cubs when a division, is for astros andy p. and roger c. where to be injured all year. did you see the monster blast craig b. hit last night. the chicks will dig that long ball. i like the way the california angeles are playing right now too. i think harry carry will do an about face in the coffin, when the choken cubbies are do with this season. i hear the goat has a greg maddux home and away jersey he wears on game day. i also would like to know what is up with the grey jackets that all the teams are wearing. the mlb cound not imposed that jacket for the players to wear, please tell me it is not so......

just for you bob

glen:lol:

Aged Salt
04/16/2004, 03:09 PM
Pssss...Glenn, the medication withdrawal IS showing;) Bob

Fourseahorsemen
04/16/2004, 09:23 PM
Was that a great friday game or what! Back- to- back Jacks! The cubs bats are heating up! Joe B with the win. I admit he dosen't inspire confidence but as long as he keeps doing the job he is going to deserve some props. And how about Hendry's genius pickups Barrett, Walker and Holandsworth. golden. Hey Glenn is that cast on your foot or your hand! go Cubs!

indycop2038
04/20/2004, 12:48 PM
well, well, well, look who is coming up for air, lets talk cub baseball. joey b. era is still above six, and he still throws a change up for a fastball. farnsworth has blown a couple of games for the cubs. corkey sosa has hit a couple of home runs. what is corkeys strike to home run ratio. the cry baby started when alou freaked out on the cub fan in the playoffs. i would like to know who is the bigger cry baby, kerry wood, or dusty baker. i loved it when cubbie fans where throwing trash on field, drink more hams beer. if your out of hams, i will take a pabst blue ribbon. i love the cubs fan. it should be time for maddux to get shelled again. we will see what barretts batting average is at the end of the year, i think that home run he hit was the first of his big league career, now if he ever guns down a runner on there way to second, that will be a first too. barrett is a joke, and lucky to be a career 200 hitter. the injury was to the ligament in the ankle. you might have a cast on your foot, if you keep chewing on it before you speak. i wonder if dusty baker could look at mike prior in the face when he told him the injury was not that bad. why is todd walker riding an atv in his back yard when he is on the shelve. i bet he was in shock when he rolled up on the dead guy. i heard the goat was wearing wood 's jersey this weekend. i will give the cubs credit, clemments has looked really good this year. todd walker is a great player when he is not on the dl. mark g. or todd walker, who will it be at second. all in all the cubs still choke, and this will not be the year for a cub world series. the famous cub saying, we will get them next year. there will be no next year as long as cub management fails to provide the cubs and there fans with what the organization needs to be a winner. the cubs will always be one position player away from being a champion. go astros:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aged Salt
04/20/2004, 04:15 PM
Manic Phase:mixed: Bob

indycop2038
04/20/2004, 04:39 PM
cubs wasted there money on maddux.....he will be 0-3 with an era over eight by the end of the week. the astros invested the money wisely with andy p., and roger c. roger c. is 3-0, and on record to break two major league records. roger is averaging seven stikeouts a game. the best part he is 41 years old, and still throws in the mid 90s.

move over cubs, you be luck to place in front of the reds.

Aged Salt
04/20/2004, 05:01 PM
Glen, are those voices in your head talking to you? Do you flame the very team you root for? Can't sleep at nite,wringing your hands together constantly? If you do, then you're a true Cub fan!!:D Bob

Fourseahorsemen
04/20/2004, 09:53 PM
Hey Bob, are you sure Glenn isn't a Cards fan pulling my chain. Any cubs fan would know the crapy beer of choice is Old style! Glenn, you sure sound like a cards fan, and I know too many of them. Besides all your doom and gloom... how about the fact that the cubs are on the pace to hit over 300 HR this year, avg. over 2 a game, with six guys who can ligit hit over 30 each. Zambrano, Wood, and Clement all have two wins, Mad dog started last year 0-3 and had 15 wins down the stretch, and oh yeah while the astros will get petit off the DL the Cubs will get Prior. I like that matchup 10 out of 10 times. And like I said if Joe B can't get it back, then the cubs have Hawkins who has only thrown 7 scoreless, no walk, 2 hit innings so far as a setup man.

indycop2038
04/22/2004, 01:05 PM
i am not a cards fan, although my astros have gave them the last two. as far as old style goes, the will keep that beer contract until there is a new one. i t will be one crappy beer after another. i have been a cub fan for 30 years, and they just dont get it. the last year broke my heart. i think prior is hurt more than dusty baker is leading on. wood got screwed on the strike zone in his last outing, but he did not handle it well. i dont think joey b. will ever get it back. he needs to go back to middle innings. you are right about hawkins, but we will se how long it last. maddux can not start a race every year and come back, the numbers and age will catch up with him. the problem with clemments is you never know who is going to pick up the ball on the pitching mound. he is doctor jykle, mr. hyde. the cub pitching staff was like that all year last year, except wood and prior. i got an idea, how about a know pitching coach. i will bet you a 12 pack of your favorite beer that the cubs will not hit more than 300 home runs in one year. man up fourseahorsemen. the cubs can handle teams like the pirates,reds, brewers, but the question is can they handle the cards, astros, dodgers,and giants which are some of the better teams in the national league. i hate watching a team that will not do the right things to better them self to win the series. the late innings keep the cubs from going to the world series. dustys decission to pitch to pugh with first base open also killed them, several times. i do like what the astros and angles have to offer this year

Aged Salt
04/22/2004, 04:29 PM
Glen, is that you speaking or a closed-loop recording?:D Bob

matt the fiddler
04/24/2004, 11:11 AM
how about em cubs- 4 games taken in a row, each game allowing 1 run..
8-1, 9-1, 12-1, 3-1

what was that about pitching? =Þ

indycop2038
04/24/2004, 11:25 AM
the cubs are tied with the reds for first place, with the astros a half game back. i can not beleive my eyes, it was greg maddux of old on the rubber yesterday. greg had great controll for seven innings. greg gave up seven hits, one walk, seven strikeouts, and one earned run. the ball placement and movement was outstanding. he looked like a cy young winner again yesterday. i was glad to see the old greg maddux on the hill. the only thing i would like to see more, is more speed on the fastball. it was also nice to see farnsworth, and joey b. not blow the game in relieve. aluo and ramirez are seeing and hitting the ball really well. the cubs are playing ok right now. the true test will be when they play the cards, and astros. kerry wood has the rock today, it will be interesting to see if he is there to pitch or blow his cool. if he looses his head, bring in the relieve. i have bashed the cubs in the first part of the season. i will also give them to there props when they are do. i know bob and fourseahorsemen think i am not a cub fan. i am a cub fan, i am tierd of waiting for next year, lets do what champions do this year. i believe it starts with the upper management. the question is going to be who will start at second when mark g. is health again. the need a closer, joey b. is the best as a set up man. they need a big name closer. the cubs can pay the money for a great closer, they can pay now, or pay later. the cubs tradition will be to pay later.

glen:frog: :frog:

matt the fiddler
04/24/2004, 02:36 PM
:-)

Aged Salt
04/24/2004, 04:55 PM
Fellas, have you noticed that Glen has changed his closed-loop recording today.....& it's only a few weeks into the season:o Bob

matt the fiddler
04/26/2004, 11:42 AM
is ee where you are coming from glen- have some good points.. that is definatly an area we could round out....

on the other side. how about those 13 strike-outs by matt.... 6-0 only allowing a max of 1 run a game .. good itme to be a cubs fan :-)

Aged Salt
04/26/2004, 12:26 PM
Plus, we have a 20yr. LHP phemon in the lower minors[for now],Bob

indycop2038
04/26/2004, 01:19 PM
i have stated all along clemments was off to a good start. the 13 strikeouts, and 2 hits where great. the cubs need he to step up with prior on the dl. i also like the play of todd walker. i did notice joey b. add three mile an hour to his fastball. the cubs are playing good day to day baseball. i still want to see if they can handle the cards, and astros. the dodgers are playing really well right now as well. i think it easy to win, when you play average teams. the test will come. if clemments and wood can stay on track, maddux starts playing like he has in the past, and they get prior back. the cubs then will need to control or watch there releivers so they dont blow games. it has and can happen. bob, the 20 year old in minors will not help the cubs this year. phemons are a dime a dozen. the question will be can he develop enough to stay in the show. i ask you to take a look at all the number one draft picks in baseball over the years. how many of them made it, and stayed in the bigs. the answer is not very many. i would like to see maddux have a few more good starts, before i jump on his band waggon. i also want to see if corkey sosa can stay healthy. the cubs success will be determined by how many guys can stay off the d.l.

Aged Salt
04/26/2004, 02:57 PM
Well, Glen, finally, I mostly agree with your post:D Bob

Fourseahorsemen
04/26/2004, 09:29 PM
I say start Walker @ 2B until his bat cools, if it cools..he is a good pickup. Hendry, IMO has made some great moves and the cubs have stepped up to the plate with getting some great players the last couple years. I have been a cubs fan for a long time and they have not made positive moves like this before.
Randy Johnson looks like the old unit tonihgt, hopefully high pitch count will get him. The cubs will have to come back now.
Go Cubs!

indycop2038
04/28/2004, 01:10 PM
walker is about 50 points higher in batting average. the throwing the leather is about even. i like walker alot, he had his game on in the playoff last year. randy johnson and roger clemmens are looking great this year. i like a relieve pitcher with the dodgers by the name of mota. he could be what the cubs are looking for in a closer. this kid can bring it. i would like to see derrick lee do more with the bat. alou and ramirez (could have spelled it wrong). patterson looked like he is a little off with at the plate, i think it can be fixxed with more looks at the plate. i have not followed the diamondback series this week, except for a few innings. bob i am glad to see you starting to see the cubs have issues, but they are small. i say let the goat in the stadium, make him a clubhouse pet.:thumbsup:

Aged Salt
04/28/2004, 01:53 PM
Agree, Glen, there's a lot of BB left--waaaay too early to worry,Bob

indycop2038
05/03/2004, 12:26 PM
cub fans, did you happen to see the game farnsworth blew this weekend. this why i dont not like him as a pitcher, you never know what guy is going to get on the mound and pick up the ball. his pitch location was terrible. that is the second game farnworth has blow this year. as you said bob, the year is early. there will be a few more of these games, i am sure. history repeats it self, and i am afraid the cubs will do the same.

it has been great seeing the cubs win, and win big. everyone has been pulling together and playing well. hopefully this is one game against the cards, and that is it. these are the games i was talking about that the cubs have to win, it shows what kinda team they are. fourseahorseman jump in with your thoughts as well. it looks like it is just us three on here anyway.

the goat wheres farnsworth's jersey, untill farnsworth gets his jersey back

matt the fiddler
05/03/2004, 01:27 PM
well, tied 1-1 now...

matt the fiddler
05/03/2004, 05:55 PM
w00t for the stolen base by madman :-) and the win

Fourseahorsemen
05/03/2004, 10:19 PM
split on the road works for me. The starting pitching is awsome. Sammy finnaly got to the cards week bullpen. I agree the Farns needs to get it together, I don't trust him. We really need to get remlinger back. Glad to be out of the birdcage with a split, with Prior making some good pitches off the mound and looking like he might make it back...and back in first thanks to the reds!

indycop2038
05/04/2004, 02:35 PM
another good outing by greg maddux, i dont like the fact that he gives up the long ball every now and then. sosa's catch was great, the last time i saw corkey lay out for a fly ball, he got smoked in the noggin with the rock. i dont know i am so sold on remlinger either. joey b. would be a great set up guy, and that is what he was supposed to be. todd walker was 3 for 5 with a dinger, he is smokin. i was very shocked to see the reds beat the astros yesterday. the reds could real help the cubs with some wins, that would create some distance for the cubs. i looking forward to see clemments pitch again. does anyone know when prior is do back. i heard he is throwing simulated games now in the bull pen

Aged Salt
05/04/2004, 05:23 PM
Prior is throwing w/o pain,,,probably ~3wks, Bob

indycop2038
05/05/2004, 12:10 PM
good, i cant wait to get him back.....i hope he has not lost to much, and will need time to catch up with his game

Aged Salt
05/05/2004, 12:14 PM
That's why the 3wks; Bob

Fourseahorsemen
05/05/2004, 11:23 PM
I hear it is more like 6 weeks for Prior, mid June if we are lucky. This lack of runs is starting to be a bad trend. Alot of these guys do hit better though when the weather heats up. IMO they need to mix things up with the linup, put barret in the two hole and drop Patterson to 6 or 7, Patterson's OBP is way to low only like .300...not saying he won't get hot and have a great year but the need to get something going.

indycop2038
05/06/2004, 03:21 PM
you are right patterson is not hitting well, but he sold in the field. barrett has suprized me this season, i dont know if he deserves the two spot. i hope he can produce the rest of the season. i agree with you jeff, we will be luck to see prior by the end of june. i am starting to beleive maddux is starting to get in his grove.

indycop2038
05/07/2004, 12:48 PM
SHOT FIRED OUTSIDE THE CUBBIE BAR........WHAT IS UP WITH THAT.....CANT WE ALL GET ALONG ON THE WAY TO A BALL GAME. HOPEFULLY THE GOAT WAS HIT, AND BAD LUCK WILL LEAVE THE CUBBIES FOREVER.

indycop2038
05/10/2004, 12:33 PM
the cubs can look great or they can look bad. greg maddux looked great except for one pitch on saturday. he gave up the long ball to a pitcher, of all people. jennings took maddux hard to give himself the win, and greg the big L. i want to ask, is jennings a good hitter, or did greg serve up a goofer ball, and have a mental break down for one pitch of the game. what about the press statement that alou gave about urinating on his hands to avoid blisters. what ever happened to pickle brine. i have heard of if you dont pee on your hands, you do not have to wash them, but to pee on them to avoid blisters. i bet his wife loves that, i would not want him as waiter either. the cubs did finish strong on sunday in 13 and half innings. the astros are still two in front in the division.

indycop2038
05/20/2004, 12:39 PM
how about the walk off home run by "pee on my hands" alou....take that daddy (flepie).... its good news to see that wood is throwing off the mound with no pain, wood's injury started to scare me.....the cubbies are starting to get really beat up right now. alou's homer could be just enough to carry them thru the injuries.....that can really pump up a team.....any word on when prior is returning. sammy does your sister play.....the fans should call him susan sosa.....i cant play because, i hurt my back sneezing....what a girl....the more you pay a guy, the more problems he will have preforming.... note to sammy, take off your pretty pink panties, hike your skirt, and playball.....your team needs you.....go cubbies

glen:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fourseahorsemen
05/20/2004, 03:27 PM
Did you see Alou giving high fives to the fans after he hit the HR? I kept thinking, man not my hand!

Prior has two starts in Lansing (starting tonight) and one in Iowa before he pitches against the Pirates on June 4th if all goes well.

Hopefully Wood can pitch Saturday against the Cards, I have tickets and am going up for the game. Otherwish it is Glendon Rush. Ugh! Oh, well just to be in Wrigly is fun even if yo pitcher is getting shelacked. It wil be like the good old days.

indycop2038
05/20/2004, 04:13 PM
i did see him giving high five to the fans and his team mates too. just think those are the hands that tuck his children in at night. the hands that feeds his dog, mans best friend. sosa a is girl, i cant beleive he is going on the d.l. for a hard sneeze. sammy does your sister play.......i wonder if sammy's wife is aware he is wearing her underwear.

Fourseahorsemen
05/20/2004, 11:46 PM
Dude, for once I am going to agree with you, the cubs management are letting these babies get away with extra vacation time. When i think of what football players play with, broken bones, etc. they guys are wimps. If the pitchers are extra strong in september and october then thats cool, but get these batters out there and lets get some runs!

indycop2038
05/21/2004, 12:57 PM
if you want todd walker on the all-star team as a second baseman, you will have to add him on the ballet. please go to www.chicagocubs.com, and vote. i did not and will not vote for susan sosa. cubs picked up a good shortstop that may not be done in the big leagues yet. rey o. who used to be with the mets.

Fourseahorsemen
05/23/2004, 04:48 PM
Had a great time at Wrigley Field on Saturday, watching the cubs pour it on over the Cards. Hey Glen, what are you talking about getting a new SS, Ordoneze? I heard they have been scouting Rich Aurilia in Seattle, but the cubs deney any interest.

indycop2038
05/24/2004, 02:20 PM
THEY SIGNED ORDONEZE TO A TRIPLE A DEAL LAST WEEK. GO TO WWW.CHICAGOCUBS.COM. THERE IS AN ARTICLE ON THE ADDITION TO THE TEAM. I AM ASKING ALL CUB FANS TO WRITE IN TODD WALKER ON THE ALL STAR BALLET. I AM GLAD TO HERE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME IN WRIGLEYVILLE. DID YOU SEE ANY CRAZY THINGS WHILE YOU WHERE THERE. THE BEST TIME I EVER HAD IN WRIGLEYVILLE WAS IN THE BLEACHER SEATS. THAT IS A CRAZY SHOW. WHERE DID BOB GO.....CAN HE NOT KEEP UP WITH THE TRUE CUBBIE FANS.....I WAS GLAD TO SEE THE CUBS WIN THE SERIES WITH THE CARDS. THAT IS A BIG STEP WITH THE INJURIES THEY HAVE HAD THIS YEAR. NOW ONLY TO HANDLE THE ASTRO'S. I HAVE NOTICED WE DO NOT GET THE CARDINAL FANS ON HERE ANYMORE. DONT FORGET TO VOTE FOR THE CUBBIE PLAYERS FOR THE ALLSTAR GAME.

Aged Salt
05/24/2004, 04:39 PM
Glen, would that include your favorite, Susan Sousa? BTW, has the season really begun?:D Bob

indycop2038
05/25/2004, 10:20 AM
the season began when they played the first game. i do think that susan sosa should cowboy up, and not be a girl about a little sneeze. soreness does not keep a true warrior or athelte for performing his duties. the players in the nfl play with pain or soreness every week. three more weeks for wood, i think there is more than a tricep injury. all in all the cubs are holding the fort very well considering all the players on the d.l. sosa is staring in a new movie "pretty in pink". steriod sammy is braking down with injuries. note to sammy, the juice will kill you, or break that body down after a few years. yes bob, i know all home run hitters in todays era, have little help from the syringe. someone ought to tell sammy that "one a day" is a vitamin, not anadrol 50.....ha

glen

Aged Salt
05/25/2004, 11:37 AM
WOW, Glen:eek: It's a good thing that Barry only uses Centrum-silver:D Actually, Glen, I've had patients herniate a disc with a hard squeeze. Bob

indycop2038
05/25/2004, 02:16 PM
when they show sammy's medical report on espn, i will beleive he is hurt with a sneeze. bonds only claims he only uses centrum-silver. i think when the ball hit sammy in the head, it knocked something loose. i dont blame a guy that will do anything to win, or be his best, just do not lie about it. i read where merker is on the d.l. now. i think in a few days the whole 25 man roster will be on the d.l. hey bob, can alou make you a salad.....ha.... i do love the cubs, but i would hate to be the person that had to put up with the bullcrab excuses that these guys come up with not to play.

Aged Salt
05/25/2004, 06:51 PM
Glen, thnx. for the chuckles:lol: Bob

Fourseahorsemen
05/25/2004, 09:19 PM
LOL

I totally agree, guys in the NFL play with broken bones, these dudes need to sack up. I do like the idea of a fresh wood and prior blowing away hitters in october. HEhe thats funny, fresh wood. There was an article in the trib today thinking back to 85 when the cubs lost all four starters to the DL and also several fielders. They were suposed to go to the WS. I like seeing the team fight through it though, it will be much more enjoyable when they have to come back to win it all. they will. Go CUBS!

indycop2038
05/26/2004, 11:51 AM
bob,

are the people your treating high performance sports figures, or they people who do not work out, eat right, and have jobs that are very physical in nature. these guys are physically demanding on there body, so therefore they should take measures for the abuse they put there body thru. off season workouts, in season workouts, proper balanced meals, stamina, indurance, and most of all good sleep habits. i will almost bet that sammy does not take care of his body the way he should.....these guys stop working for the common goal of playing everyday when they get to the top, i.e. ken griffey, frank thomas, susan sosa.....this guy should not be seeing the d.l. because he sneezed to hard. i am going to ask you bob, when the season begins, when the cubs miss the playoffs by one or two games. every game is important.....the players know what they are up against, susan is getting paid millions to preform and take care of his body. susan is a let down to the fans 50% of the time, he is terrible in the outfield, and struggles with the stick from time to time.....sammy needs to be a d.h. in the american league. i would like to put todd hollensworth's numbers against sammy's during the time sammy is wearing his pretty pink panties. hollensworth is a better outfielder than susan. note to susan, tuck your stringe in and play.....go cubs

Aged Salt
05/26/2004, 12:07 PM
Good points, but are you sure that outfield fly-ball didn't hit you on the head?:D BTW, herniated disc can happen in well-trained athletes. The disc capsule is not composed of skeletal muscule:rolleyes: Bob

indycop2038
05/26/2004, 12:59 PM
bob,

i spent six years in the minors, and 12 days at the show with baltimore. i know the ins and outs of the club house, and what players will do to get ahead in the game. i have done the same things, because i would have traded years off my life for a career in the show. that is a ball players attitued. i have never heard of a player using a sneeze to get on the d.l. i always wanted to stay in the game, no matter what the injury, or how bad the pain. in fielding several thousand fly balls did i ever misjudge a play to where it hit me in the head. i not saying i never got burnt on a fly ball, but never hit in the head. i have it the long ball, i know what it takes to do it day in and day out. sammy was an average ball player at best in texas, and with the white sox. at each level there is a great deal of diverance in pitching, and games played. you have to do thing to keep up, or you will six years and out, just like i was. i have had the injuries that will end any career, i can honostely say the injuries came because i didnt take care of my body like i should have. the parties, the girls, the staying up all night, tobacco, and the beer drinking well catch you one day. they all do it, in some sort or fashion. so i know there is a underneath side to the d.l.

Aged Salt
05/26/2004, 03:04 PM
Glen, I didn't see that particular play, but I have seen it happen several X's thru the yrs. In the early part of the season & in Sept. at Wrigley the sun is not hi in the sky, coupled with the swirling winds in RF, believe me, it happens. Now Susan could have had his eye on the mini-skirt in right:lol: Bob

indycop2038
05/28/2004, 11:25 AM
susan had his eye on his own mini skirt. the steps to playing a good outfield position are the following. knowing the pitch count, how many runners on base, how many outs, and what are the goals of your opposition. you should also know the strenghts, and weakness of every hitter on the team....there called scouting reports. at the crack of the bat, an outfield is supposed to take three steps back, then adjust to the angle and depth of the ball in flight. if you play the game long enough, you will know by the sound of the crack of bat, and you will know how well the ball has been hit. the only outfielder that gets hit in the head by a flyball, are outfielders that do not need to be out there, jose canseco, dion sanders, susan sosa, and so on.....they are not good outfielders. if susan was a great outfielder, he would not be in right field....he is just there for the stick, and the stick only, when it is not corked, or when he decides to bring it to the park that day. the only time a ball should ever get by you, is when it is hit off the wall, or on a line in the gap. other than that the ball is to be played to keep it in front of you, and hit the cut off, unless you have a cannon. no ifs, no butts, that is the goal of an outfielder.....the end....taking a ball in the dome, is not only an error, it is a huge mental mistake that i would think hurts really bad....in all the years i played the game, at every level, i never ever tried to catch a ball in the dome. only dogs catch balls with there mouth that is apart of there head.

Aged Salt
05/28/2004, 12:14 PM
Oh come on, Glen, RF in Wrigley is tuff--now I could play LF in Wrigley:p It might take some yrs. off Patterson's career, tho:lol: Bob

Fourseahorsemen
05/28/2004, 10:00 PM
O.K. it's prediction time. Not withstanding any more major injuries...

The Cubs will get to full strength and by the end of July will have a 6-8 game lead in the central and not look back.

Hendry will make a move before the trade deadline, either to boster the bullpen, my bet is a closer on a one year contract; or to get a leadoff hitter, my bet is a shortstop with speed; or to replace an injured patterson they give a Mr. Lofton a call.

Wendel Kim waves home the tying run in the NLCS, then waves the next runner into an out. Borowski comes on in the tied game and Lee doubles home the winning run to give him the win.

After a tough series between the Yanks/Angels, the Cubs meet the winer in the WS.....

Aged Salt
05/28/2004, 10:22 PM
FSHM, even I find all that difficult to swallow with all their injuries. Sure, I'd take it but this team needs a spark & I don't smell any fire:( Bob. BTW, Glen, meant to ask you if you made a chewing-gum card? Bob

Fourseahorsemen
05/28/2004, 10:44 PM
The way this club played after the first few games and before everyone got injured, I thought they were going to make it look easy. That team will be back, plus the guys from the bench that are getting all the playing time will be sharp when they go back into the role of bench players.
BTW Cards just beat the Astros tonight.

Aged Salt
05/28/2004, 10:55 PM
And the Cubs lose more ground in the double-dubbing to the Pirates:eek: Bob

indycop2038
06/01/2004, 12:33 PM
i see remlinger is due back today.....that should help in the middle innings. prior should be back really soon, but he has missed alot of baseball. it will take a couple of games to get everything back. i am not sold on patterson being the center fielder for the cubs. they need to make a move there. i tought he would produce with a little more offense. the cubs have to start playing now, if they go into double digits in games behind the leader of the division, there season is done. that division is the tuffest in baseball. andy p. being back on the d.l. that will help with houston. the reds cannot continue on the pace there on. the cards are the problem. i think the cubs will make a move as soon as mark g. comes back. the question will be who will stay, and who will go. they do need a closer, but who is available. the teams the cubs cannot make a deal with is the reds, astros, cardinals. i think when maddux gets the 300th game behind him, he will settle down a bit. this could be the first season in 16 years he does not get 15 wins. the other thing you got to look at, is who do the cubs have in the minors that they could bring up or trade. the cubs need to look at making the right move for the right people for the right reasons. bob, i was on a triple a contract, you have to be on a mlb contract at the being of a season to have a baseball card printed, or at least you had to in 1989. i came up with the las vegas stars (san diego padres farm club), which was a rookie league team in 1983. then i went to the chattanoga lookouts in 1984 (cincinnati reds farm club). then i went to bowie baysoxs in 1986 (baltimore o's farm club double a), in 1987 i moved up to the rochester redwings triple a team for the o's. in 1989 i got called up with the o's for 12 games after september when the roaster expands form 25 players. two tommy john surgeries to the left elbow, a detactched hamstring to the right let, the mincus repair in my left knee ended my career. in 1990 my rights where traded to the cleveland indians. i could not pass the team physical. nor did i have the 40 speed or arm strenght to make the indians club. it was a very depressing time in my life, but you move on and the grace of god gets you by. you may loose the game physically, but you will never loose it mentally. i have coached high school baseball for 3 years. i have an eight year old son that devote all my baseball life too. my goal in life is to get him in the show, if that is what he wants.

Aged Salt
06/01/2004, 03:44 PM
Glen, with your son, let it come naturally. Don't burn him out. Remember champions are born not made. Bob

indycop2038
06/01/2004, 03:54 PM
thanks for your concern, my son knows more about baseball than 60 percent of the adult population. nolan is a baseball nut, i dont think i will burn him out. i think he will burn me out before that happens. he is a catcher, he mentally can manage the field at the age of eight, every once in a while he will throw to a wrong bag, or call the wrong number of outs, or the wrong play for the players. he does not make many mistakes when he controlls the game, and the pace of the game. he will controll the pitcher, and no one pitches until his fielders are set, because i have taught him not to get in the catchers squat, and not to give the target to the pitcher until he is ready. i was not born champion, i have a father that hates baseball. i was made a champion by my uncle alan denny. he tought me the game mentally, before i could physically perform to the standards. knowing the game mentally, and knowing why players do what the do gives a child a huge advantage. the point is that you are always playing at a high talent of the kids your own age. nolan could play mentally with kids 12 and 13, but physically he is not there. he need more time for his arm to develope. we work on digouts keeping the ball in front of us at all times, foulballs, bunts from the catchers position, and throwing runs out at first and third. we work foot work, hands in the hitting position. if he is like me, he will have a better stick than a glove.

Aged Salt
06/01/2004, 05:00 PM
Glen, you're Uncle helped & practice helps but if that is all it takes then I'd be in the HOF:eek: Mom & Dad make you the champion, with your athletic genes,Bob

justgettinstarted
06/01/2004, 11:35 PM
I will let you know from personal experience.... if you push too hard and its pretty easy for the kid to get burnt out... Just let him take some breaks if he wants...

I played basketball since i was in 4th grade.... I was one of the stars of the team bieng one of the tallest kids yet still coordinated... i played on the southern california all star team (got to go out on the field at halftime during the holliday bowl) played durring season and summer... and then it hit... no breaks and i just burnt out... i would rather sleep than play basketball

I used to play with Luke Walton ( i was a year older and we played the same position) so i used to beat up on him on the court. Stopped playing my senior year o high school... but ended up going to UC Davis... we went to the division 2 championships and won(at this point i was 6'10" and 235lbs)... but i was over basketball by then...

The moral of the story is... if he wants to explore other things... let him!

Garrett

indycop2038
06/03/2004, 01:23 PM
how did this turn in to an advise session for my eight year old son. i think i have it covered. i glad to see there is concern about it, for all of you that are concerned, baseball is not his only sport that he likes. his true love of his is football. nolan drives me crazy to practice and play. that is the same way i was as a child. i used to make my grandfather pitch to me everyday, when we could not find baseballs, we used my grandmothers waxed fruit, golfballs and any kind of soup bean or pea we could find. this will train the eye and hand cordination. i am the one that needs a break after all the years of playing competitive baseball. you can take a kid with zero talent and make him something in sports, if the drive is there, along with the forty speed. as far as nolan goes. he doesnt play for me, he plays for the love of the game, no matter what sport. it helps to put a baseball in the crib at birth. you also need to be around the right people, i.e. coaches, scouts, developed player, playing with older age groups, baseball camps in flordia, or arizonia. those thing will build talent, and help a person rise above. your only as good as the people you play against or surrond yourself with. the great thing about baseball is you do not have to be 6-10 to make it to the show.

indycop2038
06/03/2004, 01:35 PM
being burned out is the lack of mental focus, and wanting it bad enough to taste it. if he burns out, he never wanted it bad enough. alot of it comes down to what is in your heart and soul, whether you can stay focused and keep the drive. if you want something bad enough, you will do what ever it takes, and you will not fall to mental break down. in my line of work the is no time for the mentally week, you have to stay focused or you will loose your life. there is no quiting, breaks are needed to stay fresh, but then your right back at it. if you lose it, you might as well retire. thoughs to live by.

Fourseahorsemen
06/04/2004, 12:27 PM
Speaking of the Mental aspect of the game....that has been the cubs problem recently. They got psyced out by all the injuries. Well, today they turn a corner. Prior starting will give them a boost they need, they may not go on a huge winning streak but they will start to play better. And before we know it Sammy, Grudz, Wood....will be back and then the cubs will regain first.

indycop2038
06/04/2004, 02:19 PM
i hope your right.....prior is scheduled to throw 68 pitchs, no more or no less. we will see if dusty sticks to the pitch count. cubbies need something to spark them. we will see if they can handle pittsburg this weekend. hey, who do you trade, grudz or walker. that will be a tuff choice when grudz is healthy again. i do see them making a trade soon. i would trade patterson, but i dont even think we could get a pair of pink crotchless panties for susan sosa in the deal.

Aged Salt
06/04/2004, 07:10 PM
Say it ain't so,Glen--Pitt 2-Cubs 1, Borwoski blew a 1-0 lead in the 9th:mad: Bob

Fourseahorsemen
06/04/2004, 09:51 PM
Not to worry Bob, like I said they might have a few more losses but to see (actually hear) Prior pitch like that is great for the 3/4 of season left to play. Glen, I agree a trade is comming, but not till after allstar. I am off the Joe B. bandwagon, stuck with him as long as I could. I think Hawkins will get a chance, just look at the stats, its a no brainer. Heard the funniest thing on the score today after the loss..."with the way Dust has been managing he should be wearing a mask...and when he picks up his check he should be carrying a revolver." He is thinking too much about the hard spot he is in and needs to focus on making smart moves. He is cool enough to get through this, just needs to stop suffeling the lineup and get the guys to have some fun.

indycop2038
06/08/2004, 12:39 PM
the problem i have with dusty is that he over works the pitching staff. prior was only to throw 68 pitchs, dusty let me throw over 86. if dusty had his way the pitchers that would take the mound would be prior and wood. i agree with you that the trade will happen after all star break, or during the break. the cubs see the angles here real soon. i would like that to be the world series. that will be an interesting series. mlb should do away with the disabled list, and rename it the dusty baker list. bob, you are an m.d., you know the arms are not going to last, with that kinda wear and tear, day in and day out. the cubs are 4.5 back, they have to pull it together now. if they go 10 back there done, they will not catch up. the reds are playing great baseball, how long will it last. check hollenworths numbers, there right there with susan sosa, if you factor games played by the numbers. hollenworth needs to play even when susan comes back in her sunday school pretty pink dress. he needs to play somewhere. i wonder if he can play centerfield.

take care boys

justgettinstarted
06/08/2004, 02:17 PM
if an arm is not going to last then why in the old days could would pitchers regularly throw the entire game? Are the players just a lot wussier now? Yea probably! Pitch count is over rated... you should pitch until you start doing crappy... weather that be 20 pitches or 120... Players today have enormous manginas... look at Trevor Hoffman... He is a closer who throws what? like 20 or 30 pitches? give me a break... its so stupid... Randy Johnson seems to throw more pitches than most and you dont hear him complaning or bieng hurt! BLAH! BLAH!
JMO

Aged Salt
06/08/2004, 04:00 PM
Garrett, it's call" the slider". There's much more strain throwing it than a fastball or curve.In today's game, a pitcher generally needs 3 pitches that he can control. Glen, give Dusty & the pitching coach some credit for knowing their pitchers. Prior been ready for two wks. now. And yes, the Reds are playing exciting baseball--reminds one of the Cubs last year.Bob

indycop2038
06/09/2004, 12:59 PM
i will never give dusty any credit, his pitchers have had arm injuries where ever he has been. we are not talking pitchers that have had inflamation in the elbow, or a sore shoulder on pitch counts, we are talking about avoiding reconstructive elbow surgery. i have had two of these surgeries. the arm is never 100 percent. i had full recovery the first time, i still lost minor flexabilty, which takes away from you arm strenght, and the range of motion to throw hard breaking pitches. a mlb pitcher has command of a ball game for pitches they can throw for a strike at anytime. pitch location is very import as well. everyone in mlb can hit a curve, and time a fastball. pitch selection, and location is everything in mlb. as you say bob, does it really matter at this point, has the season really started. i think it started the first of april. pitching two games in the minors is a little different than pitching in the mlb. we will see how you feel about dusty at the end of the year. dusty sure does have a few pitchers on the d.l. funny how the pitchers never had injury problem until dusty became the manager. look at the pitchers he burnt up in san fran. hollonsworth having big game after big game. pays to be a winner, and cubs are fadding fast. i am a big cub fan, but i can be objective with there issues as well.:lol: :lol: :lol:

indycop2038
06/10/2004, 02:11 PM
well, where are you guys at today to tell me about prior's game yesterday afternoon. i have been around this game all my life, i know what i am talking about. the other thing i want to address is that you never throw at someones head. that is a no-no. dereck lee should have sent matt morris end to next week head first. when you throw at a guys head, that is saying i want your career to be over. the i am sorry form matt morris should never fly. prior is behind schedule, he will be as ready for the next three starts is if he was walking into spring training. if dusty keeps throwing prior for more pitches than the doctor, and trainer recommend, he will, and i will bet, be back on the d.l. i truley think that if the cubs are not in contintion for the playoff race, they will dump some payroll. jim rome stated today that he would not be suprised, if the yankees do not try to get into the cubs pitching if brownie goes belly up on the d.l., and the cubs are out of the race. which makes me think, how long does maddux have on his contract.....didnt the yankees want maddux earlier this year. just something for you to think about bob, i know you think it will never happen, because you lose perspective on reallity when it comes to the cubs. then there is garrett, that still thinks that where still in the sixtys, there are only 26 team in the mlb, and that pitching is a the top of the positions for talent. the more teams in the mlb, the lower the talent level will drop to fill the team. the goat is laughing at the cubbies. harry's spinning in the grave like a pig in the barbique pit. note to bob, the season has started, and the cubs have to make a move or start playing baseball. i know you find that hard to beleive.:lol: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mixed: :mixed: :mixed:

indycop2038
06/10/2004, 04:15 PM
hey bob, dusty is putting another pitcher on the d.l. joey borowski is in the sunny state of california to have several test on his right shoulder. joey wll be on the d.l. by the first of next week. the owner of the cubs admits on the website that there is an injury to joey, and that why the fastball is in the low 80's. way to go dusty, one more pitcher down. lets give the cubs pitching staff credit for junking another arm. burn em up dusty. farnsworth and hawkins will be next. by the end of the year i will be willing to bet every cub pitcher will do tiime on the d.l. susan sosa tennessee for three days to play. they must have sell on pink panties and mini skirts in tennessee. todd hollonsworth might not hit the jacks susan does, but he has been playing better than sammy this year. he has not taken any balls in head while in right.:lol: :lol: :lol: :p :p :p :rollface: :rollface: :rollface: :rollface:

Aged Salt
06/10/2004, 05:24 PM
Glen, I really hate it when you beat-around-the-bush about the Cubs:D Could you be a little more direct? BTW, Prior IS ready,Bob

gwrulzmylife
06/13/2004, 10:43 AM
bumped to the top, LOL!

Fourseahorsemen
06/13/2004, 11:51 AM
Glen, how does a manager put a relief pitcher on the DL? they only pitch one or two innings, a few times a week?! If he can't keep his starters in and can't use his bullpen then maybe he should use wendle kim or gary mathews! Cubs only 2 1/2 back...

matt the fiddler
06/13/2004, 03:22 PM
agreed on prior.. time to pitch up a storm

what was that cub comment at the meeting? i sure hope that didn't come from a cards fan. sigh i will have to make sure i bleach any all red corals i might have before trading them to that person

indycop2038
06/14/2004, 01:19 PM
i had the inside scoop on joey b., he is on the d.l. i have been out of baseball for over ten years, but i still stay in contact with the guys i have played with that are still playing. prior is not ready. his second start looked worse than his first. we will see how he looks tonight againt the astros, and my man roger the rockett clemmons. i watched farnsworth pitch on sunday, that was ugly. hollonsworth looks really good, he has batted 349 in the last 27 games. i hope the cubs can stay only 2.5 back until the all star game. if i would have been clemments on sunday, farnsworth would have been paying for mine and the rest of the pitchers dinner for blowing the win. dont think that does not happen, unless the mlb has changed in 10 years. i was hoping to see one cub make the starting line up on the all-star team. i hope prior does well tonight, but dont hold your breath. you can be physically health and ready to go, but you have to over come the fear of re-injuring the body part, and that does not come back a few weeks after an injury. prior has to be mentally 100 percent, before he will be physically 100 percent. i have been injured, and i know players that have been injured. it will not come back mentally overnight.

go cubs, and hold on as long as you can.....

matt the fiddler
06/14/2004, 02:17 PM
true..

yea. hmm tense spot in the season..

last night game.. i was watchign the scores come in live due to ym lack of cable and WGN. i hate anything past the 14th inning. it is bad for my blood..

Fourseahorsemen
06/29/2004, 10:45 PM
Home Sweet home! Cubs have the Astros number and pull to 3 1/2 of the cards who can't find their bats. Tough schedule this month, if they can keep it close and get wood back after the all star break, they should go on a roll... I have bleacher tickets for July, I am thinking of left field behind Alou but I know it is general admission and I may not have a choice. Anyone sit out there before?

Fourseahorsemen
07/04/2004, 11:11 PM
Sweep of the sox...how sweet it is...

matt the fiddler
07/05/2004, 12:19 AM
yea- if there were no sox runs- the game was almost over in 2hours.. could not believe how fast it went..... great game.. we each took a series.. but game wise sox 2, cubs 4- so who is crying now :)

co cubs

matt the fiddler
07/11/2004, 04:11 PM
*sigh*

Fourseahorsemen
07/31/2004, 10:49 PM
"Nooo-maaaah." Great move my Jim Hendry and the Cubs... October looks even more promising! Glen? Bob? where are you?

reeftechie
07/31/2004, 10:58 PM
about time they made a good trade :D just hope this P**** gets better and starts playing and hitting like the Nomar in 2000-2001 :D

Fourseahorsemen
07/31/2004, 11:05 PM
I got real tired of seeing A-gon stike out (like he did today with the tying run in scoring position) Nomar is hitting .370 in July....

reeftechie
07/31/2004, 11:07 PM
A-Gon is HorseChit... always has been, over-rated as hell.... Good riddance you ****! :D