PDA

View Full Version : Tank life questions

rudij
08/30/2001, 10:21 AM
Hey guys I have a 20g Tall tank with two OR sunburst in it. standard flourecent lighting black oolithic sand red fake corals for hitching posts and some macro alges. Low flow from skimmer and a very small regulated powerhead. Was wondering where I could find some turtle grass and if you thought the lighting on the tank would support it. Also do you think i could do a second pair in this tank or is one all I can do.

TIA

Rudi

biomekanic
08/31/2001, 11:11 AM
www.billsreef.com
I'll be buying mine from him.

Airel
09/02/2001, 11:11 PM
Hi Rudi,
Sorry I'm so late responding. I've been away from the computer for a few days.

You can keep up to 6 horses in your tank provided you have good filtration and no tankmates. You will be able to keep less horses with the addition of fish as tankmates.

I know very little about turtle grass. Someone with more knowledge will have to give you the lighting requirements.

HTH,
DeAnne :D

billsreef
09/07/2001, 10:34 AM
Hi Rudi,

Your lighting will work to support minimal growth in turtle grasses. Brighter lighting will of course increase the growth rates. Another part of the equation for growing sea grasses is a sand bed at least 2 inches deep, I prefer the 4-6" myself and would suggest 4" would be ideal in a 20g tank. Depending on your food inputs you might need to provide supplemental feeding to sea grasses with some of the plant tabs sold for FW planted tanks.