PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at this!!!!

mabblizzard
04/05/2004, 03:42 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&category=20755

i could not believe my eyes, i already e-mailed this idiot on what he was doing to the hobby!!

mabblizzard
04/05/2004, 04:32 PM
here was his response

You will get a 50/50 screw florescent bulb with it. You can put up to probably 3 fishes in a 5-gallon tank as long as they are not big. Clown Fish and anemones feed from each other so it makes a perfect environment for both.

Email me if you any more questions

DgenR8
04/05/2004, 04:36 PM
Your link doesn't work for me.

mabblizzard
04/05/2004, 04:41 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2391466510&category=20755

DgenR8
04/05/2004, 04:49 PM
[chimp]
Unfortunately, this isn't the first auction of it's kind, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Trumpet12
04/05/2004, 08:11 PM
It's really too bad that he is selling that. The way that he is marketing it, it is fairly likely that the perosn who buys it will never have kept a marine aquarium before. The creatures in that tank are likely to be doomed. :(

mabblizzard
04/05/2004, 08:41 PM
every time someone bids i'm going to e-mail them and let them know

mejiggery
04/06/2004, 12:48 PM
think maybe we should all e-mail him to complain maybe he`ll get the message if enough do it

cubicus
04/06/2004, 01:34 PM
I'd like to know how he ships the livestock and the rock and sand. In the tank? hehe

cubicus
04/06/2004, 02:03 PM
There will always be whores. It's the oldest profession. It makes me sad when I see the just add water set ups. Some poor fool that means well will be devastated when they kill "Nemo" in their child's room. It's practices like these that cause the scientific community to shun us as hobbyist, to discount the information we discover, our conservation efforts and our desire as a whole to see the ethics of the trade improve. That's MY two cents. I will also chip in another two from Bill Rudman "I am not against people keeping aquaria, but I think the aquarium community has to take responsibility for the way the tropical reefs of the world are being wrecked to service the trade. "

Trumpet12
04/06/2004, 02:27 PM
Luckily, the seller ended the auction before anyone bid. :)

Freed
04/06/2004, 06:57 PM
My inquiry is on the bottom half of this reply. This is the reply I got from the idiot: You can buy flakes for food, it doesn't really matter, they'll eat any type of food you can get at the pet store. I will give you enough food for a week. The anemone in the other hand eats like a vitamin food in liquid form thing, it also eats residuals from the food from the fish. It's a rose anemone, which is a really down maintenance type of anemone. It doesn't need a lot of lighting, and the clown fish loves it. Is a mini compact florescent bulb, it is 10W, it is 10,000k and is as bright as a 50W incandescent . I condition the water and prove the anemone and the fish to that water, the way I do it is instead of making it from scratch, I have a 30 gallon tank that I will take water from, this water is already good to go, and then I’ll put some in the 5 gallon tank. If a snail dies you will know right away, since is such a small tank you should be able to find out faster that if you had a bigger tank. You'll notice the water will get really "foggy", you'll make a big water change and change the filter cartridge immediately. The snail not only eat algae, they eat pretty much everything they can chew on their way, they'll keep the acrylic clean and the rocks attract dirt after just days from the light, believe me they'll find something to eat. The Clown fish loves the rose anemone, if you see the pictures I have in ebay you'll see one where the clown fish has it's head stick inside the anemone they love it. Since the tank is so small water changes takes care of any residuals like nitrites that it will accumulate. Of course buying crash coral cleaning equipment in the long run is essential. The airstone helps but not as much as a protein skimmer would. But again, since the tank is so small you will change one gallon every seven days and that will take care of everything.

Do you have a Salt-water tank?. Hope this answers work for you.

Javier

>Hello, I have alot of questions for you before I buy your setup: what type of food will I be feeding to the fish and the anemone? What type of lighting and what wattage bulb is included? What K value does the bulb put out? Also you say you have to condition the fish and the anemone to the water? How do you do that? If a snail dies and I don't know about it for a couple of weeks will that affect anything else in the tank? What will the snail eat if there is no algae in the tank for at least a couple of months? Do clown fish like the one you have pictured usually live in the anemones that you have pictured? What type of anemone is that? How is the waste from the fish and the anemone taken care of as far as filtration? Does the airstone take care of everything or is there some sort of filter included? What will the salinity of the water be and what will the pH be when you set it up? Will I have to worry about nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, alkalinity or anything else? I hope these aren't too many questions I just want to make sure my 6 year old can take care of this without too many problems. He really wants a nemo and I told him I would get him one. Thanks very much for answers to ALL of the questions I have asked before I "buy it now". Thanks again, Jeff

mejiggery
04/07/2004, 07:34 AM
he just doesnt care aslong as he gets his money

cubicus
04/07/2004, 06:48 PM
Hey, I live in the South Bay Near this guy's neighborhood. If you can get his address I will go slap him for you. Who knows, maybe he'll still have his petco uniform on.

romunov
04/15/2004, 05:51 AM
Aren't there any laws prohibiting this?!

gmcbroom
04/17/2004, 11:20 AM
Nah, Free Enterprise. :) Don't you love it. :)

Irony aside, this isn't the first time, and it won't be the last time someone tries to make a quick buck.

Fish can be big business if you know what your doing. (& even if you don't)

Ethics doesn't enter into it. It's all about money and convience.

And if you say ethics should enter into it then you :

1) Either have the money (most don't)

2) Think others shouldn't have a choice.

Next thing you'll tell me I can't watch a show because You don't like it.

Choice, its our greatest strength and out greatest weakness.

Sorry for the rambling nonsense my Hydrocodin just kicked in :) Damn that kidney stone. Dooh.
I wonder how many people will Flame me.

gmcbroom
04/17/2004, 11:33 AM
Nah, Free Enterprise. :) Don't you love it. :)

Irony aside, this isn't the first time, and it won't be the last time someone tries to make a quick buck.

Fish can be big business if you know what your doing. (& even if you don't)

Ethics doesn't enter into it. It's all about money and convience.

And if you say ethics should enter into it then you :

1) Either have the money (most don't)

2) Think others shouldn't have a choice.

Next thing you'll tell me I can't watch a show because You don't like it.

Choice, its our greatest strength and out greatest weakness.

Sorry for the rambling nonsense my Hydrocodin just kicked in :) Damn that kidney stone. Dooh.
I wonder how many people will Flame me.

Sardaukar
04/17/2004, 03:09 PM
Wow - the tank comes "pre conditioned!". Very impressive, maybe he should patent his method for shiping entire, functioning (and I use the term functioning loosely) SW aquariums by mail. Moron.

OctoRock
04/17/2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by cubicus
Hey, I live in the South Bay Near this guy's neighborhood. If you can get his address I will go slap him for you. Who knows, maybe he'll still have his petco uniform on.

cubicus, thanks alot for the laugh. The petco thing really got me:lolspin:

cubicus
04/22/2004, 11:58 AM
No problem, Glad to provide the chuckle. Has anyone considered sending a link to Disney. I'm sure they could throw some heat his way for infringement

Wolverine
04/24/2004, 11:45 AM
It looks like he didn't do too well anyway, since there were 0 bids on it.

Dave

bayareareef
05/02/2004, 01:22 PM
crash coral... What is this? Is this new? I want some...