PDA

View Full Version : New LFS in Bryant (LR area)

Dizzarian
04/05/2004, 10:52 AM
Was in Bryant this weekend looking at a house I'm buying there. My wife pointed out the store to me and it looked like it just opened. We went in and it's a very nice store. He's got several reef tanks setup and some nice stock of corals. Worth checking out for sure.

For those in the area you take reynalds road exit off of hwy 30 and take a left on highway 5 (stagecoach rd) It's in the first shopping complex to the right. He gave me his card and the owner is Tim Scott, Store hours are tue-sat 10a-6p sun 1p-5p phone : 501-653-7707

Oh yeah the store name is H2Ocean

When I move into my house I'll be starting up my new reeftank so it'll be nice to have this store around the corner from me

tiger_eyed1
04/05/2004, 11:42 AM
I'll have to check it out. I may drive out there before the meeting on Saturday, unless anyone wants to make it a group outing:).

thedogofwar
04/05/2004, 01:07 PM
I'd say it would be a nice addition to Saturdays events.

I'd like to roll down today to check it out but but I'd never make it in time with all the traffic that way during the week. Can't wait till the get the construction done.

Thanx for the heads-up!

Dizzarian
04/05/2004, 02:00 PM
just a note according to the business card he gave me they're closed on mondays.

thedogofwar
04/05/2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Dizzarian
just a note according to the business card he gave me they're closed on mondays.

DOH, :o you already said that. It's been a genuine Monday today. :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to take on that traffic anyway.

thedogofwar
04/11/2004, 07:51 AM
I wanted to add a little to this after I had a chance to get into H2Ocean yesterday.

It was a very nice store, family owned and operated. A very comfortable and friendly enviroment. They had a good selection at competitive prices. They also have some of the nicest fish I have seen in the state. Some georgeous Tangs,angels and butterflies, so nice that it's got me thinking about a large fish only tank. It's only gonna take 10 min in there to get the "OK" from Tawnya. Best part, it's no more than 10 miles from my house and I love the fact that they are open on Sundays.

They sounded very interested in the idea of our local group. Oh and they seemed willing to sell everything. It didn't matter if it was in the display tank or not.

Scuba Dog
04/11/2004, 12:45 PM
Was a wonderful shop a beautiful 225 display, and a real cool looking sponge gorgonian tank...and much more....was looking for a pink or purple tip frog spawn torch hammer either one, finaly found one there a nice lil frag for a real real real good price....was looking for a frag like that for almost a year..they have fresh water as well and on less large orange cup then they had before we walked in wink

jerryc
04/11/2004, 06:04 PM
Roy you Got the one i was looking for :eek: node I should have
gone with you all too bryant:rolley o well i like my Little meat
coral anyway :D

Scuba Dog
04/11/2004, 06:57 PM
jerryc
i got the orange cup for my wife and picked up a small branching torch two heads on it for a great deal, they had some others but wernt frags full size corals though...you coiuld probally sweet talk a litte rock member into picking up one for you and holding it till you get a chance to pick it up...

drummerman2003
04/12/2004, 07:45 AM
that isnt too far from me... maybe next time i got a day off, ill have to travel to there, then north side or somethin. anyone know north sides hours?

thedogofwar
04/12/2004, 08:38 AM
they have a website, a link to theirs is on ours

drummerman2003
04/13/2004, 01:17 AM
i might have to make a run to H2Ocean on wednesday... maybe. depends on how far i get on the old car, and if the woman wants to go too...