PDA

View Full Version : We had an awesome roadtrip!

Red Sea Purple Tang
04/05/2004, 07:44 AM
The first SEAS roadtrip was a huge success! We couldn’t have asked for a better day. Lots of sun, friends and fish! It doesn’t get any better than that.

There are lots of “Thank You’s� that need to go out. First and foremost are the SEAS people who made our day a success. Thanks to Cathy and Larry Forehand for being the “line leader� for our trip. We’ll get around those Tyson trucks better next time! The yummy BBQ after we got back was great. Not to mention being able to hang around your beautiful reef tanks. Another thanks to Freeman for the heads up going to Danny’s house in Springdale. Those of us who took the pliers to Danny’s SPS tank walked away with awesome frags! Thanks also for keeping the back seat lively on our journey. Thanks to Steve Hess for being our first paid member! We hope his wife is happy with the new Flame Angel. Thanks also for the heads up with the police in Billings! May anarchy rule on Cowpatty Lane!! Thanks also for keeping Freeman in line in the car. Mucho thanks to John “Vroom Vroom� Kelly and his wife Julia for buying the frag bags at Danny’s house. Without you, we wouldn’t have been able to bring home the great frags from his home! If you guys were like me, getting some extra sleep was well needed.

Big thanks to James Tucker at Exotic Tropicals!! We all left with great things to add to our tanks. His hospitality was unmatched! His store will definitely be added to our favorite hot spots. He had something for everyone – From a 700g SPS tank, to around 50 clams, gorgeous fish and inverts, to well stocked supplies.

For those who couldn’t make the trip, don’t feel bad….well, feel bad a little….as we’ll be doing some more.

Some club business that was discussed.:
- Our new logo will be complete soon. Freeman’s wife Cassy is working on the final design.
- Membership is $20 per household per year. Membership cards will be given out once our design is completed. Membership will include fish store discounts, group buys and other fun stuff.
- Web site will be getting a make over to include some new stuff. Stay tuned.
- Club officers were discussed. Anthony Martinez, President, Ken Freeman, Vice President and Leslie Martinez, Treasurer.
- Stuff coming up: Summer BBQ, Member Group Buy, workshops.

We are in need to a meeting place for the May 1st. If you would like to host one at your home, please let me know. As always, input for anything is always wanted, so don’t be shy.

For our May meeting, we’ll be discussing how to make your own live rock. Please bring all ideas and suggestions. Our June meeting will have our first workshop where we can all make some of our own live rock.

Thanks again to all you guys who are making our group a reality! If ya know anyone who may be interested in Saltwater, bring ‘em along! Also, we know that things come up and people may not be able to make some meetings, don’t feel bad as stuff happens. We’ll just beat you with a Snowflake Eel the next time you show up!

:rollface: Anthony

John Kelly
04/05/2004, 09:15 AM
Definitely a most excellent time! Seeing the tanks at Exotic Tropicals was very inspirational; also, Larry and Cathy's tanks too. Thank you for sharing your home, your food, and your tanks with us. We had to go to Home Depot to get some super glue gel and some AquaMend epoxy before we got home. All those frags were sweet. Steve, those Zoanthid rocks we got had red flatworms all over them, so if you didn't have flatworms before, you may see some now. I noticed them in the bag before I put them in the tank and shook/ blew them off into another tank I had. After I put them in my main tank, my Mandarin spent the ENTIRE DAY picking at those rocks, all day long, he is still at them as I type this. I have read that some Mandarins will eat flatworms. I hope that is what he was after. The small SPS frags didn't have any that I could find. No big deal really... I wish I would have gotten more of those frags while I was there :D
Thanks everyone for a great trip. We are looking forward to having some more saltwater fun with you all.

SoupySteve
04/05/2004, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up, John - I didn't see anything in then bag I brought home with me - but the frag I got was considerably smaller. If I did have flatworms before, I didn't know about it... but I'll keep my eyes peeled for sure.

lil'salty
04/05/2004, 07:39 PM
super cool trip and i am glad everyone got some cool stuff
i will be making the trip again really soon to trade in my cichlids
hope you like the frags you got from me steve
cant wait till next month

LargeJohn
04/06/2004, 01:48 PM
All right!! You've all made me sufficiently jealous. Me and my conflicting plans!!!:(

Glad to hear the trip went well and everyone had a good time!!!!:D