PDA

View Full Version : Cheap!($13) topoff doser !

nvillacci
08/29/2001, 12:42 PM
Ok guys this is what you need.
1 gallon of Distilled Water from supermarket with jug
Kent Aquadoser replacement tube kit ($12 from That Fish Place or Marinedepot)

Got this idea after I bought my 2.5 gallon aquadoser at marinedepot. After I recieved it I realized they dont seal the tube into the jug and it doesnt leak at all. Then Irealized they sell the tubing and IV pincher seperately.

Basically drill, melt or whatever(melting probably better) a hole into the water jug(empty is preferable) the same saize as the tube kit for the Aquadoser. Make sure its a tight fit, almost so tight the tube doesnt go in. It will go in as it is elastic and it will stay there with no leaking.

All this cost me only $13 dollars and it works great. You may want to drill(melt) the hole about an inch above the bottom of the jug so if you dose kalk with your fresh you dont get the precipate. Just thought I let you guys know how cheap it was for my tank at work to make a doser.

Later!
nick

bigchili
08/29/2001, 01:00 PM
I'm on my way to the grocery store right now!!!

THANKS!!!

lakerfan
08/29/2001, 02:22 PM
I did the same thing, but i think mine cost me less. I used an airline controller (the one's with the screw down control) and some airline that i already had. It has been working great for me for the past 6-8 months and the only problem is that it is a pain to adjust.
I think that whole set up cost me around $3-4

ReefHawk
08/31/2001, 07:20 PM
I've been trying to figure out the auto dripper Timbo has made. I dont have the guts to ask him since he makes and sells them. For the life of me I cant get the priciple.

Of all the dosers I've seen/used I like his idea best.

Guess I shoulda paid more attention in school.

:( :confused:

Timbo
09/02/2001, 10:29 PM
reefhawk,

The top off that I was building works the same as Nurce top off device, I just made it with a cylinder that is smaller and better suited for nano reefers. Go to www.aqualan.to or search on reefcentral to find out more info about the Nurce.

Tim