PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Reefers

BallPy
04/02/2004, 07:50 PM
Is there a reefer club anywhere in the northern virginia area? I am interested in joining if there is. Anyone that can help that would be great.

ReefMon
04/02/2004, 10:54 PM
Hi BallPy!

The Washington Area Marine Aquarist Society or WAMAS is a very active club with quarterly meetings, frag trading, used equipment and much more!

Hop on over to our website http://www.wamas.org for all the details.

Our next meeting is April 17th just off the beltway in Kensington MD.

Looking forward to seeing you on our forums and at the meetings!

Glenn R
WAMAS Vice President

BallPy
04/03/2004, 09:36 AM
Thank you for the response Glenn. I will check the site out. I am sure I will be seeing you in the near future.

ahill
04/04/2004, 02:09 AM
Hi Im moving into the Hampton roads area in a few weeks and I was wondering if you guys could direct me to any groups or outstanding fish stores in that area?:) I realize you guys are 3 or more hours north but I figured it was worth a shot. Thanks

ReefMon
04/05/2004, 08:31 AM
There was some talk about a Tidewater club here on RC a while ago, but I'm not sure what became of it.

I know of at least one member coming up form VA Beach to our 4/17 meeting, and I can assure you It's well worth the trip!

Log on into the WAMAS boards if you need any more info!

pizzamiglio
04/08/2004, 08:55 PM
Glenn,

Can anyone just show up to the meeting on the 17th, or do you already have to be a member in order to attend?

-Mario

traveller7
04/12/2004, 12:08 AM
While I am not Glenn, you can show up at the meeting.

Non-members will have a $6.00 fee, but you can sign up to be a member at the door and the meeting will be free ;)

Hope you can make the trip.

pizzamiglio
04/12/2004, 08:28 AM
Cool beans!

I have to drive my wife up to PA on Friday night, but I hope to be back Sat. morning. Will definately try to make it. Thanks for the info traveller7 :)