PDA

View Full Version : Live sand wanted

perpetual98
03/29/2004, 11:38 PM
I just started my 120 with about 150 pounds of southdown, and another 30 or so pounds in my sump. I have just about zero life in the tank. I've got roughly 100 pounds of 'base' rock and 75 pounds of live rock, but the 'live' rock that I bought out in Madison had just about nothing on it. I'd like to jump start my pod population with some decent live sand. Bristle worms and brittle stars would be a bonus. Anyone know where I can get some decent live sand in the SE Wisconsin area? I'd be willing to trade for a bag our Southdown. ;)

slc
04/02/2004, 12:35 PM
If you want to mail order try Indo Pasific Seafarms. I have tried their surf zone package and there is nearly everything you need to get your live sand started. The reproduce like crazy and in no time your system will be full of good stuff.

mellison
04/04/2004, 03:08 AM
I might have 25 lbs of good live sand on Sunday (4/4/04). I'll be willing to let it go for $2.00/lbs if you want it. They only catch is that you'll have to get all 25lbs because I bought a load of it but I have too much left over and hate to see it go to waste. If you interested or anyone else is, just PM me ASAP.