03/29/2004, 09:29 AM
Who else do we have nominations for?

*mine are*
Coralreefing-prez.
Joe Wall-vice prez
Reewik-treasurer or secretary
Fishdoc-"pledge educator"
Mimi-"official greeter"

I am probably forgetting some, but I remember these as showing an interest for some positions.

SRA4031
03/31/2004, 12:25 AM
Please remember on nominations to put why. I noticed the last time when people was nominating back and forth, leadership and peoples skills was not once mentioned. Alot of knowledge in reefs is not as important as someone who will keep this organized, coordinate the meetings and workshops, communicate with the group, and listen to the members (the last part is most likely in the inexperienced LOL)

I have held offices in clubs where my knowledge was not as in depth, and was even coordinator of a training school for the National Guard, and it was my skills, not my knowledge, that help me excel.

I just wanted to bring this to mind as we decide who will lead us since our leadership team will make or break the club.

SRA4031
03/31/2004, 12:47 AM
Just to give an example of my earlier post.

Joe Wall has 25 years of experience, but I he should be nominated in a leadership position because of his management experience, and his desire to educate. (I do look forward to the articles you post by the way. Thanks) Of course I do not think I met him at the last meeting, so he may have a poor personality and want things his way (just an example Joe), and would make the club break up, or he can have a great personality that makes it a sucess.

Another person that has demostrate great leadership is Eric, and he lives to help a newbe set up a tank, and help him/her (you can tell I am in human resources huh LOL) learn. If he had the choice to be in the birthing room during the birth of his next child, or to help a new tank be born, I think his wife would be awfully mad at him. I know his personality, and I think his personality will help the club bloom.

I hope this clears up what I was trying to say.

fishdoc11
03/31/2004, 07:01 AM
I think the official nomination list is ;
coralreefing-president
Joe Wall-VP
gflat65-treasurer
countzero-webmaster
Myself and reewik have removed ourselves from consideration but would like to function as mentors.
Myself,reewik,wooglin and goldeneagle have agreed to give talks at meetings.
Mimi has volunteered to be official "supplier of dessert".
Ferguson has volunteered to be our resident lawyer.
thanks everyone!
Chris

fishdoc11
03/31/2004, 07:15 AM
Also I nominate wooglin for public relations officer(or whatever position is left). After all he has the most famous reef in Tennessee! He has allready served as a mentor to hundreds and has done quite a bit to promote this hobby in one thread. I think all the nomines have good people and organization skills and will be fine officers. Any seconds for wooglin?(if wooglin has allready declined to serve due to time constraints please withdraw my nomination and ignore this post)
thanks, Chris

gflat65
03/31/2004, 08:15 AM
I second wooglin. As for my post, I am a plant manager/engineer for one of two ink cartridge recycling plants in the world. I manage purchases in all realms (office, equipment), as well as shipping and receiving, warehousing, operations, and maintenance. As for my personality...I'm just a darn nice guy;)

reewik
03/31/2004, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the kind words Goldeneagle. I do have about 7 years management experience at Ford Credit. I am currently one of the supervisors of the Jaguar / Landrover Customer Service teams.

But as mentioned previous I do not wish take on a position in the club at this time. I am enjoying being a father with the large part of my spare time.

This does not mean that I am not interested in a position just that right now is not such a good time for me.

All that said I second every nomination thus far. Coralreefing has a great personality and by his posts is ready to take on a "leadership" role. I cannot waite to meet JoeWall and have some reef discussions. Woogin has helped a ton of folks just look at his history on the board. Mimi as the official greeter / cake baker..lol Great deal there.

I look forward to the future meeting and to meet future reefers!

SRA4031
03/31/2004, 09:07 AM
I think Mimi being the cake (hic) baker will be great(hic)

coralreefing
03/31/2004, 11:29 AM
Just a reminder guys. We are not appointing people but making nominations. Anyone who accepts a nomination could be elected to any position they are willing to accept. For instance Joe said no higher than VP while gflat & I said any post. We actually need at least 2 nominees per position to have a real election. So we can add to our list of nominees goldeneagle & wooglin if he accepts.

Chris

SRA4031
03/31/2004, 11:35 AM
Thanks. I will accept in any capicity the club feels I can be an asset.

SexiShrimp
03/31/2004, 11:44 AM
I'll assist the club in whatever it needs. Greeting and making food sounds good to me.
:)
Just let me know what the final verdict is!
Mimi

coralreefing
03/31/2004, 12:38 PM
Mimi
That would put you in line for PR officer. You also offered earlier to take meeting photos. That & keeping minutes would describe club secretary. IMO your on the ballot.

Chris

SRA4031
03/31/2004, 12:41 PM
I second that

SexiShrimp
03/31/2004, 01:23 PM
that sounds cool, I'll run for secretary if that's OK with everyone!
Mimi

Sir Knight
03/31/2004, 03:05 PM
Hey all,
As a starting point and give everyone an idea of officer responsibilities, here is some information about officer duties. Keep in mind this is only an starting point. This came from MASNA, Which I am a member and would highly recommend the club joining. The dues are I think $50.00 a year for the club.

Here is a link to their site

http://www.masna.org/

Hope this helps

Joe Wall

1 The President shall preside at all meetings, sign documents, and be a member of all Committees.

2 The vice president shall, in the absence of the President, act as presiding officer. The vice president shall be a member of all Committees and shall be informed of any business of said Committee so that s/he may present it to the board in the absence of said Committee Chairman.

3 It shall be the responsibility of the Secretary to inscribe the proceedings of all meetings and to be prepared to read the specified records when requested. This office requires the maintenance of Club records, except those designated to other officers. When the President and vice president are absent in any meeting, the Secretary shall preside. The Secretary shall also be responsible for maintaining copies of all correspondence as directed by the board.

4 The Treasurer shall keep in order financial records and/or books, tender by check recognized expenses incurred by the Club, and co-sign checks with the President, or the one other Board member designated by the Board. The Treasurer is required to present immediately prior to the end of the fiscal year, all financial records to the person specified by the Board of Directors for audit and shall include a written statement of the financial condition of the club. The Treasurer shall also present a monthly financial report to the Board of Directors and anytime at the request of the President.

rcmike
03/31/2004, 08:42 PM
I am in about the same position as reewik. I have a new baby and he takes up a lot of my time(not complaining, enjoying it mostly). I would be glad to help out in any way though. Anybody that wants any help or advice just let me know.

fishdoc11
04/01/2004, 12:02 AM
We need to start a "turned down officer nomination because of new baby club". Kevlouie, your in too. Actually mines slightly used(15 months) but still high maintenance. And I would'nt trade her for the world.
Chris

wooglin
04/06/2004, 04:04 PM
I will accept a nomination. I plan on putting alot into the club, I think it is a worthwhile endeavor.

A. Critter Killer
04/14/2004, 10:44 PM
As Chris said, if we need two nominees for each position, I will be glad to run as a "dummy canidate" in the third party "none of the above," just as Monty Bruster. Unfortuently, as the dice fell it seems as though neither myself nor 'Berto will be able to make it to the next meeting. Hope all goes well! I am glad to see that the club as taken off so well, and so quickly as to assume it's own leadership. ----Sean

fishdoc11
04/15/2004, 05:41 AM
Sorry to hear yall won't be able to make it.
Chris