PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

star
03/29/2004, 07:35 AM
HI!!! I am new to reef keeping and would really like to join the club. My 75 gallon has been up since Dec. 2003. Its finally full of live rock and some fish. I need corals hard and soft. I need information, knowelege, and a mentor !!! Could someone send me info on the club? Meetings, how to join ect?

thank you so much!!!
Laurie :bounce2:

battplus
03/29/2004, 08:42 AM
Laurie,

First welcome to reef central; you will love this site, it will become your reefing guide to success! Our site is at www.wmmac.org. Just visit there and you will get all the info. We would love to see you at the meetings to join us.

Mike

Krusk
03/29/2004, 09:32 AM
welcome "home" laurie

Gerde
03/29/2004, 01:03 PM
Well it looks like the GR contingent of the club has all chimed in except for me! Get yourself to a club meeting. It is kind of a pain that we meet in Kzoo (at least it is near the highway), but the club more than makes up for it. We have auctions at every meeting that people buy and sell stuff, everything from corals to equipment. It is a great way to started without spending a ton on that perfect acro head at the store, then promptly killing it. Bummer for you, bummer for the coral. Our last auction was so big that we started giving away some corals to the new people that showed up. There is a wealth of info from the members to be had, and reefcentral is also a huge resource.

battplus
03/29/2004, 02:30 PM
What's up Scott? How the frags doing, your blue acro is coloring up nicely, but it grows really really slow!! At this rate it'll be ready to frag in oh I'd say 2016!

:lol:

Gerde
03/30/2004, 09:25 AM
Hey Mike! I was afraid that one might be a turtle frag! I put in that 175 MH that Nick sold to me, seem to be working good. I bit the bullet and finally glued some things down and they are not getting bumped around as much which will help. The youngi that I got from you in the fall finally is growing, just took it a while to get settled I guess. I have a valida that I got from Char that is finally growing too. I'll post some pics here soon.

star
03/30/2004, 12:39 PM
Thanks battplus. I checked out the sight and its really great! I will come to the meeting in April. Hope to meet you and many other members. See you there!!
Laurie