PDA

View Full Version : need some advice...Is there anything that I can do? I've been dooped!

coralcrazed
03/27/2004, 02:16 AM
About a week ago I proceeded with a trade for coral frags with a person ... I agreed to receive a devils hand, a Kenya tree and a single polyp green striped shroom. I greed to send (get this) an aqua Candy cane frag, and blue zoa's... talk about getting mostly cheap brown stuff for colorful stuff... this guy was newbie to trading and did ask questions but did not follow the advice given at all and did not use common scence... I first referred him to the best trade thread below: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=274292&highlight=shipping+livestock
Then I answered countless questions of which he apparently did not listen to... for example where to place heat packs ECT. To make a long story short, when I received the package he/she sent. It was wet when I opened it one of the bags was completely empty and water including the coral was all over the inside of the box. He/she did not double bag. Water temp. was approx. 57 deg. The heat pack was not taped to the lid (as recommended) but instead was just thrown in the bottom of the box (and got wet). AND the box was way too big for the size shipment. The thing that burns me up is that this person threw the bags into this big box knowing full well that the bags will roll around wildly during shipment. This is the reason why the bag opened up during shipment. Common since would tell anyone that at least secure the bags with some packing material of some kind. This person did not use any packing material to secure the bags. Anyway, the the only coral that made it was a devils hand that is still recovering because he/she rubber banded it to a pc. of styro. way too tight and choked it. So Kenya tree.... dead. and shroom ... dead. Devils hand still recovering. You would think that I should not ship the corals that I agreed to in return...Right? Well stupid me, not only did I send the corals that I agreed to but I sent extra nice frags of pink birdsnest. I just figured that He/she may want to "do the right thing" and send me another frag of the Kenya or something. This person even e-mailed me telling me that in fact he/she would ship out another frag of Kenya... maybe to insure that I send the birdsnest, which I was going to anyway. well I sent it out and checked with him when he received it... in the first e-mail he/she said that the frags arrived and that he was waiting to see that the candy cane opens up and that one of the birdsnest was somewhat bleached. Ok first I have pics on my web that shows both corals before they were sent... second anyone who knows candy cane corals know that they do not completely retract into the skeleton... He/she in a later e-mail accused me of sending him a skeleton... this is what infuriated me. I have done multiple trades with people in person and on line via shipping and never to date had any problems and in fact was praised for my trades in the feedback forum. I was lucky in the past to trade with some really generous people so I try and do the same for others.

Sorry this was so long but I was just wondering what you would do... and what you think I should do... I am still tiring to work this out so I will not be posting any pics of his shipment, e-mails, or his handle and username just yet. But I think if everyone agrees that he should do something about this, I may post it for the protection of everyone else on this trading site. Now this guy is trading the very birdsnest frag that he told me that was partly bleached??? If in fact it did get bleaches during shipment than why is he trading it? Maybe its not bleached after all. HMMMMMNNNNN! What do you think?

coralcrazed
03/27/2004, 02:38 AM
one more fact sorry... I asked this person to send me a picture of the "so called" skeleton... first he/she told me that he/she will be borrowing a camera from someone and now is renegging on sending me a pic... so I requested that he/she send me the skeleton and I even offered to pay for the shipping back to me... I'll post his excuse and responce as it happens. If in fact the corals are dead than he/she should not have any problem in sending me the dead skeleon right? we'll see...!

coralcrazed
03/27/2004, 08:35 AM
no responce yet...

jjharrisx4
03/29/2004, 04:19 PM
Hi Coralcrazed. if you want to email me, contact me at jason-harris@comcast.net

coralcrazed
03/30/2004, 01:37 AM
I am posting this email of resolution that I sent him

First off I sent you 2 frags of the birdsnest, second, I sent you live coral frags, not skeletons. I'm not in the business of sending dead corals. Frankly, I've done many trades and this, by far, is the worst one of all... You sent me corals in a box that was way too big knowing full well that the bags would be free to roll around... Now I asked you from day one to send me a picture of the "so called" dead coral... and to date you have not been able to produce that picture... At this time I would like you to send me the skeleton by regular mail... I would be willing to pay for the envelope and postage back to me via regular first class mail. Please let me know how much it will cost before you send it. I'll send you a check or something. I don't believe that Its dead. I have a picture on my web page that shows the coral alive and well. I also have other pics of it... and I had the frag for over a year. Look, I received a trade here that was unfair... and not packed well. heat packs were wet ect. bag was opened shroom was dead on arrival and Kenya tree as well due to improper shipping. I still sent out healthy corals and extra corals as well. (2) birdsnest frags. If you are unwilling to send me another frag of the Kenya tree than I want the "so called" skeleton of the bleached birdsnest and the candy cane. Or a clear pic. of it.
If you need to call me I'll even give you my cell # so we can work this out. Please get back ASAP.

Thanks,
Benny

coralcrazed
03/30/2004, 01:41 AM
then I send another copy of this two days later...
then the following was sent please pay close attention to the fact that this person has
1. refused to take a picture of the dead corals
2. refused to send me the skeletons of the "so called" dead corals... I offered to pay for the shipping back to me.

coralcrazed
03/30/2004, 01:50 AM
here is the third attempt where he finally responded... and here it is.

I wrote:

I think you should contact me about the trades immediately please

he wrote,
sorry i took so long to reply, i had to take off to the bay area for the weekend. so tell me waht you want to do and we can work something out.

I wrote:

I sent you other e-mails please read them... I would like you to either send me the skeletons of the dead corals or send me the other frag of Kenya as you promised!... you chose and let me know.

He wrote:

i did not promise that i would send you a kenya tree. i said that assuming that the frags that where coming were healthy like everyone who was trading would. instead i recieved a blue zoo frag that wasnt even true blue zoos, the candy cane came as a skeleton and i dont if you sent it dead or if it died during shipment and birdsnest frags that were bleached which i never asked for. the reason why i didnt ask for them was i didnt have efficient lighting for them. another thing is you didnt even send me the frilly mushrooms which where a part of the deal. now i am not a guy to complain but since you are pushin me to send you more corals even though the only thing i got from the trade that i actually wanted was the blue zoos which arent even true blue zoos, ill tell you how good your pachaging was. even though your bags where double bagged, the bag still leaked and all of the newspaper was wet and there was barely enough water to stop the corals from rubbing against the bottom of the bags. now the way i see it is, you got a large devils hand that could be fragged many times and i got some blue zoos that arent even true blue zoos. i dont think it is worth my time to send you anything. i dont want to have to deal with shipping anymore. i feel that if the trade went sour, so be it.
I wrote:

than send me the skeletons that you claim died... I'll pay for shipping just let me know how much first. you told me that the blue zoas are dead... now you post a thread that says they are still closed... and you email me telling me that they are not true blue... how do you know if they have not opened up... the way I see it I was the only one who got dooped here. so enjoy the corals I sent.

he wrote:

the reason why i know they arent true blue zoos is becuase you said "they look blue to me" on the thread. so you admitted to it yourself.

I wrote:

send me the skeletons I want the skeletons...

finally to date he wrote:

im not going to waist my time. they look better in my frshwater tank anyway

coralcrazed
I also found out from others that he has been buisey tring to trade the corals that he claims were dead on arrival... he has also posted that the blue zoas that I sent him are not blue...
but at the same time he tells me that they havent opened and also he claimed in e-mails prior to this thread that the blue zoas are dead? Hmmnnnnn??? confusing??? which one is it? dead? not blue? or closed?

also he has been in communication with others on this board tring to trade the birdsnest that he claims bleached during shipment to him... is he tring to trade bleached corals or is he just lieing and it's not really bleached?

as you notice I have kept his name out of this and gave him a week to respond to me... since you see how he responded above I will let him get a chance to make the wrong right... again, I asked for a picture of the dead coral, I asked him to send me the skeleton (i even offered to pay to ship back to me), or send me another kenya tree, which he said he would ... it is now his choice to date he refuses to do any.

I will post other e-mails with the dates sent to him ect. and I will post pictures of his horrible packing... and I will post his handle and RC name. finally if he is unwilling to resolve this with one of the three options stated above. I will do this so that no one will get burned as I did.

coralcrazed
double post sorry!

coralcrazed
04/01/2004, 12:40 AM
ok so now he sais that he will ship the skeletons... we'll see if I get it... will keep you updated.

coralcrazed
04/01/2004, 09:48 AM
ok, it's time to let everyone in on who this person is and let him try and talk his way out of this one. he has lied and decieved me by sending me dead corals and tries to say that the corals I sent to him are dead afterwards, but yet has been tring to trade those very corals on forums on this site.
1. I asked him to take pictures of the dead corals... he said NO
2. I asked him to send me the dead skeletons and offered to pay for shipping... he said "hahaha your funny, not after you tried to play those games. tried to work you way around it. your not getting anything now."
3. I asked him to make this right by at least sending me one of the three corals again which he said he would in an e-mail but now has renegged
4. He has known about this thread as I sent him a link a while ago and chooses not to respond here. but responded on other posts.

ONE WOULD HAVE TO WONDER WHY??? HMMNNNNNN

This is his handle on RC... for all just ***BEWAR OF THIS GUY***

jayson_219@yahoo.com

coralcrazed
04/02/2004, 02:21 PM
Ok jayson_219@yahoo.com has decided not to respond that is obvious as everyone can see... FYI he knows of this thread since I sent him an e-mail back on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 at 2:24 AM. and he has not bothered to defend himself... although he has been very busy posting negative threads with no basis on my other trading thread... he placed 6 threads, as I just counted, after march 30th. He chose to ridicule me, disturb my trade post, and pass false claim that I’m racist... he did this all on another thread and chose to ignore this one.
The facts speak for themselves... I received dead corals and he is trading the corals I sent him with others on this board. This has nothing to do with personality bashing. I actually think that he might be a nice guy... BUT, it has everything to do with integrity. I stand behind my trades... and I'm happy to trade with anyone who wishes to trade with me. But when you accuse me of placing dead coral skeletons in a bag and sending them to you then you are attacking my integrity... that I will not allow, hence this thread.

jayson_219@yahoo.com has had countless opportunity to make his wrong right... send a pic, send the skeletons or send me a new "live" coral, I even suggested that he call my cell #... none were done. So I will not be posting any more on this issue as it has been exhausted. Unless my good friend decides to do the right thing OR defend himself.

Good luck to you all and thanks for reading. You can never be too careful.

culdublvd
04/17/2004, 03:28 AM
I'll never deal with that guy!! I read this post after reading 3 posts praising you frag size and how nice they looked. What a joke some people are!

MiddletonMark
04/17/2004, 05:53 AM
I'm sad to hear this as well.

Not sure what to do. I'd post in the feedback of the trading/selling forums here.

And I'd try to forget him, watch the tank a bit ... maybe try for more local trades. It's always nice to meet other reefers :)

coralcrazed
04/19/2004, 10:44 PM
culdublvd and Mark:

Thanks so much!