PDA

View Full Version : Need Tank Advice

brainsurf
08/24/2001, 09:09 PM
I want to get an Oceanic 75gal RR, but the prices vary widely. Where is the best LFS in the metro Denver area?

Mike
:confused:

stevenc64
08/26/2001, 01:59 AM
Hi Mike,
As far as what the best LFS in the area is depends on what your looking for. For healthy corals and live rock I like Reef by Design. For dry goods I like Reef by Design(he usually has to order it for you), sherman tank(for dry goods only and they don't carry oceanic), Great Barrier Reef, and Reef Gallery. I would call all of the above and see what price they will give you.
Steve

brainsurf
08/26/2001, 11:18 AM
Thanks Steve,

The only place I haven't checked out is Reef By Design, do you have their address or phone #.

Again, thanks for your advice

Mike

stevenc64
08/26/2001, 03:27 PM
Steve Chang's number at Reef by Design is 303-377-9922. Although he is usually around during "normal" buisness hours, it is always best to call him before you stop by.
Steve

Jerry Gonzales
08/27/2001, 01:22 PM
Hi Mike,
Have you checked the news paper. I always see great deals in there. I got my 75g and my 65g, bothh with oak stands and canopy's for a good deal

Coddigtion
08/27/2001, 01:28 PM
Mike, I just purchased a new tank and what I did was shop all of them against each other and kept good records on what they had or were willing to get. I saved myself about five hundred dollars.

Cheers,

Linn

brainsurf
08/27/2001, 10:03 PM
Thanks Jerry and Coddigtion.

Jerry - I hadn't thought about going used, I guess I would be a little nervous as to how the tank had been treated (or abused). I know it's more money, but I think I would be more comfortable with a new one.

Coddigtion - Way to go!!! and thanks for the advice, actually that's kind of what I'm doing. Right now I'm gathering prices and I'm seeing the price range swing between $400 to $600 for the tank only (no top or light fixt.). Seems kind of pricey, when my brothe in NC found an LFS selling them for right around $300 or less (I forget)

What does everyone thinks, is $400 a good deal for an Oceanic 75rr tank only, or should I keep searching?

I'm in no rush so I have time to shop around, but any more advice that everybody has, I appreciate.

Mike