PDA

View Full Version : Moving 30 gallon Tank

Alec119
03/23/2004, 09:44 PM
What is the easiest, safest, and best way to move my 30 gallon tank to another location, I am miving about an hour away from my current residenty, so I needed to know what would be the best way to move it without disturing my fish too much.

Corals and More
03/23/2004, 11:51 PM
When we moved we put all the LR and fish in buckets with the tank water. We left the sand in the tank which made it heavy but I didn't have to lift it :)

Abynum1
03/24/2004, 12:03 AM
I moved a 29 gallon before. I put the fish and water in one rubbermaid, liverock in another,(just enough of the water to cover the rock,) and I placed the tank w/sand inside a third rubbermaid.That way we lifted the rubbermaid instead of the tank so there was no stress on the glass.

Got to the location,set the tank down where I wanted it,put the live rock back in along with the water that was covering it. I then put the fish and all but 25% of the rest of the water into the tank. After that I filled the remaining 25% w/new water that I had prepared ahead of time.
I just had to make sure the ph,temp,and sallanity w/the new water was same as old(just like any other water change.)

That was a 2 hr trip and everyone made it ok. Good Luck!

bm5650
04/05/2004, 02:33 PM
I did the same as Abynum1 with the exception of the tank in a rubbermaid container. Ive heard the darker the better on the fish. It reduces stress.