PDA

View Full Version : My BTA split

saltaddict
03/21/2004, 04:12 PM
When I got my green BTA, it was about the diameter of a golf ball. In the last 2 years or so it had grown to at least 10" across. Well it was.... Yesterday when I came home I realized I no longer had 1 XXL BTA, I now have 2 5" BTA's. Which is cool I guess, but I liked it better as a monster :) I'll try and get some pics next week, as I just don't have time now. Anyway, i know little salty will be interested. :) Hey freeman, need an anemone?

Rob

lil'salty
03/21/2004, 04:19 PM
man i think i do
just let me get my setup going right lol
almost got the lite goin now i need an over flow and a mag pump
i think i could squeez it in then
should get really nice color

Scuba Dog
03/21/2004, 04:45 PM
cool congradulations on the BTA split, i have had once since october and it hasent split yet, actually i have had three, one decided to end its existance and got sucked up by a power head, the other went in the rock work and i believe it just faded away, unless its hiding some where....

lil'salty
03/21/2004, 04:52 PM
Kas has wanted a clown again for awhile now
maybee some black perculas
something on the smaller size
no maroon for the 29g lol
let me know if you see some
i think after i get this tank running right
i am gonna do something a bit bigger
maybee a 2 or 3 visible tanks in one system
not sure yet
but i would like to have a couple of small species tanks
and a bigger show tank all in the same stand
we will see
i hope to have some red zoas soon
nice red skirt and wierd bluish white solid centers
and the blue with green mouth should have a couple polyps to pull soon
let me know what you think a good trade will be

drummerman2003
03/22/2004, 01:15 AM
we just got a false percula... shes pretty. next time i have money, i might buy another to go with it, or i might wait a little while... i wanna get 1 or 2 small small black and whites for my nano... eventually the 20 will host an anenome for them

thedogofwar
03/22/2004, 08:48 AM
:thumbsup: how much do you feed? maybe cut back on feedings if you don't want it to split again, but it's hard when they get that large.

congrats It's an anemone!

saltaddict
03/22/2004, 01:57 PM
I haven't actually target fed the anemone in a long time. When it was smaller I would give it krill and brine shrimp. Now it just catches what it(they) can out of the water column when I feed my fish. Although, for the past 1.5 years it has been about 8" below a 250W iwasaki at the top of the water.

drummerman2003
03/25/2004, 06:56 PM
so when you sending me the split...

lil'salty
03/25/2004, 09:43 PM
to bad i got dibs lol

drummerman2003
03/26/2004, 12:12 AM
oh well.. my tank isnt far enough along anyway... only been setup for 2 months