PDA

View Full Version : ORA group order

wombat2
03/20/2004, 09:41 PM
Hi,
I'm curious if there's any interest in getting a group order from ORA. They sell captively bred corals, clams, and fish. I've gotten some great stuff from them before. The only catch is that a minimum order is $200. The prices are extremely low, I think most of the SPS frags are around $10 IIRC.

If anyone's interested I can post an availability list.

sagitariuscbc
03/20/2004, 10:45 PM
lets see what they have.

thank you for speaking last night.

shawn

Izsabelle
03/20/2004, 10:49 PM
I'm interested if I can get a pair of their seahorses!

Let me know!

Thanks.

reefnovice
03/21/2004, 12:17 AM
Do you have the web site so we can see whaat they have?

sagitariuscbc
03/21/2004, 12:20 AM
here it is
http://www.orafarm.com/

sharks
03/21/2004, 12:28 AM
There is a $200 fish order minimum before you can order coral frags.
That is easily done since IMO they have the best-colored and healthiest clownfish around.
I have many of their frags and they all do well too
HIH
S

reefnovice
03/21/2004, 12:33 AM
Anyone has their fish and coral price list? I may be interested if I know how much they are.

sharks
03/21/2004, 12:38 AM
You can't post the price list here.
I don't think they are a sponsor and it's a wholesale only list.
But the average frag is $9-18 and large IMO 2x2 to 3x3 depending on the species.
If the group has a tax ID to use and can do a group order it’s well worth it
S

reefnovice
03/21/2004, 12:42 AM
Sharkey, you got pm

reefnovice
03/21/2004, 12:46 AM
wombat 2, you got pm.

sharks
03/21/2004, 01:10 AM
Here is an older ORA frag
Elkhorn Montipora (M. hirisuta)
http://fragexchange.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=8&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

And a Birds nest only a few days old…
http://fragexchange.com/photopost/data/500/33Birds-Nest-1-med.jpg

Happy Reefing!

wombat2
03/21/2004, 05:41 AM
Looks exactly like the Seriatopora I just got. For those of you at the meeting last night, virtually all the corals and clams (except for the green brain) are from ORA.

The website needs to be updated. They sell a lot of things not listed there. I'll try and post an availabilty list soon...not sure what RCs rules are on this type of thing.

Their fish are awesome too...one of my favorite fish is the pair of orchid dottybacks we have in a 40 gallon. ORA can get you a male and female, and they usually pair easily.

Brian Prestwood
03/21/2004, 11:15 AM
Matt

Tank raised, great idea.

If the prices are reasonable then I'd like...

1 maroon clown
1 T. deresa
1 A. millepora
1 P. damicornis

Do you know what organization Keith Redfield is with these days? He was a founding member of one of the tank raised groups.

He spoke at MARS about tank raised specimens before. He might be able to help with group purchases.

jjharrisx4
03/21/2004, 11:18 AM
I may be interested in a millipora frag.

wombat2
03/21/2004, 03:06 PM
Hmmm, their March availability is smaller than usual. From what I understand of their new coral policy, they need over $200 just in fish before corals and clams are available. I'll see if I can post the availability list for April when it comes out.

brentp
03/23/2004, 12:58 PM
I would love to have one of their Purple A.Millepora's. I would also order a pair of clown fish.

Brian Prestwood
03/24/2004, 12:13 AM
My percula's are hosting in my new bubble tip. Looks like I'm keeping the after all. I still want the corals. Too bad the minimum is for fish.

skierguy
03/25/2004, 12:48 PM
Is this on hold until the April availability list is out?

wombat2
03/29/2004, 08:51 PM
Yup. I haven't gotten the April list yet. Yvonne, I got your pm. Unfortunately, I already deleted the March list on accident.

This whole thing is a no go unless we can get $200 in fish only, so cross your fingers. I think their most expensive fish is like $17, so that's going to be a lot of fish :D

sagitariuscbc
03/29/2004, 09:08 PM
matt you have pm!
shawn:)

Izsabelle
03/29/2004, 09:44 PM
Well, I think their seahorses are 40 and if I could I'd order at least 4, but if possible 6. I think that's enough to bring us close or over the amount.

wombat2
03/31/2004, 06:32 PM
Good to know, thanks!

wombat2
03/31/2004, 07:31 PM
Here's just the fish. I'm going to buy around $116 worth of fish, so I guess it won't take much to meet the quota. Unfortunately they don't have seahorses right now :(

I first need to know what fish folks want before I start giving out prices for corals, so that I know we will meet the quota. So far I only see one pair of clowns...does anyone else want fish? If you PM me which ones you want I will PM you back with the prices. I'm sorry, but I can't post them here.

--Clowns--
Ocellaris (There are black, and misbars available)
Percula (misbar)
Clarkii
Frenatus
Melanopus
Sandaracinos
Bicinctus
Polymnus
P. biaculeatus (gold stripe)
Tricinctus

--Gobies--
Oceanops (neon)
Citrinus (clown)

--Dottys/Assessors--
Fridmani (you can get male/female pairs as well!)
Sankeyi
Flavivertex
Aldabraensis
Springeri
Splendens
Yellow assessor

--Cardinals--
A. compressus
S. nematoptera

--Angels--
P. maculosus

skierguy
03/31/2004, 07:46 PM
Can you PM the Prices to me?

wombat2
03/31/2004, 07:56 PM
Until we have $200 in fish, we cannot order corals (or fish, for that matter). I need to be sure we have enough fish, and go from there. I can assure you that the prices for fish and corals are very very low. They are pretty much half of what you would pay at a retail store. Sharkey made a reference to prices above, and that is pretty accurate.

Edit: Very strange...skierguy, it looks like you edited your post while I was typing. You've got PM.

Izsabelle
04/01/2004, 02:21 AM
So.. How will we get these fish? Do we meet are your place? Designate a place? Meet at the meeting?

jjharrisx4
04/01/2004, 02:37 AM
I'd also like to know prices, particulaly on the gobies and cardinals. I may be interested in ordering some of each. I can be emailed at jason-harris@comcast.net

sagitariuscbc
04/01/2004, 03:02 AM
if anyone receives prices can they spread it to the people replying to this thread? thanks everyone and thanks matt!

shawn sagitariuscbc@comcast.net

wombat2
04/01/2004, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Izsabelle
So.. How will we get these fish? Do we meet are your place? Designate a place? Meet at the meeting?

I was thinking we could meet at O street, or any other local aquarium. Apparently that's what you guys have done in the past. The order would come in early morning/noontime, so I think the meeting would be a bit late to exchange at.

I'll PM the prices to you guys.

sagitariuscbc
04/01/2004, 05:19 AM
thanks matt! ost. works for me!

Izsabelle
04/01/2004, 12:44 PM
O street works for me. Now I just need that price list. Can you pm it to me? I think I want a pair of clowns, an assessor, a few gobies...hmm.....and then some corals..

brentp
04/01/2004, 01:05 PM
Matt, Please PM the price list to me when you get it. Thanks.

sagitariuscbc
04/01/2004, 01:11 PM
i sent pm's to all that replied to this thread!

i have the prices if anyone would like them!

sagitariuscbc@comcast.net please!

brentp
04/01/2004, 02:00 PM
As far as fish go I will take 1 citrinus gobie and a male/female pair of fridmani.

jjharrisx4
04/01/2004, 02:22 PM
I am interested in ordering a few different fish, but pick up is a bit tough, depending on the pick up day. I work a 2-10 shift in Stockton on sun-thursday. If pick up was pretty early on mon-thurs I could be there. Friday is fine at any time.

How will shipping be decided. Will the total packing/shipping cost be divided by the total # of items ordered (i.e.; 100total / 10 items = 10per item) if so, then if I order 3 items my share of shipping is 30$ vs. if I order 1 then my share is $10. Is this correct?

tfp
04/01/2004, 02:43 PM
if they are still available, i'll take 2 black ocel. clowns and a single ocel. clown.

tim

wombat2
04/01/2004, 06:19 PM
I need to make a few things clear, as I've been made aware there are folks concerned about this thread. I am a business owner. I maintain tanks, and sell fish and corals to the people that own those tanks. I am also willing to sell fish and corals to hobbyists whose tanks I don't maintain, although I certainly don't make a living off of it. Lest anyone believe I am a "turn and burn" retailer, I easily have the capability to keep and maintain these corals. My desire in starting this order was to give the folks in Sacramento, and especially in the area in which I live, an opportunity to buy CR corals and fish. ORA's corals and clams are unavailable in my town (Davis), and I don't see them with any regularity at the LFSs I visit in Sacramento either. I also rarely see most of the fish listed besides clowns and dottybacks in either town. ORA does NOT sell directly to hobbyists. I am a retailer, and will be making a small amount of money from each of your purchases after taxes, shipping, etc.

Having said all that, if the admin/moderating staff sees this as a commercial post, feel free to close it. I just wanted to help out some folks in finding corals/clams/fish that are mostly unavailable in our area, but I am by no means depending on this type of thing as a source of income.

Likewise, if any LFS owner or employee in the Davis/Sacramento area is reading this and objects, PM me and I will ask the thread to be locked or removed. I really don't wish to step on any toes here.

OK,
I'm not really sure how the prices are going to work out on shipping, box charges, taxes, etc. I can estimate based on previous orders, but it all depends on what day I order, how much I order, how many boxes it ends up being, etc. etc ad nauseum. I won't know the final price until it gets shipped out, is basically what I'm saying.

I can tell you for sure that you will pay an amount equivalent to the total of your final order; that is, if you order 50% of the total order then 50% of the shipping costs etc will be yours. Likewise, if you order a single goby and nothing else you'll probably end up paying two bucks more or something.

As far as payment goes, I'm willing to extend a huge amount of trust here and have you guys pay on delivery rather than ahead of time. It just seems much simpler to me. Just so we're clear, is it OK with everyone if I: 1) Order whatever you want on, say, a Thursday morning. 2) Call you Thursday afternoon/evening with your final price after shipping etc. 3) Meet you on Friday morning with your livestock. I am able to hold most corals and fish if it's absolutely necessary, but I think this would be an unnecessary stressor to both. You would also have to drive out to Davis to get it.

You won't know your final price until after the order is finalized, but if you don't want to pay for it there's really nothing stopping you from walking away from the sale. I hope this is agreeable to all.

Matt

wombat2
04/01/2004, 06:52 PM
Something I just noticed...
There are limits on the yellow assessors and Compressus cardinals, so those will be unavailable.

Izsabelle
04/02/2004, 12:45 PM
When is the last day to place orders?

I'm still interested, but there are a few other things that I want and are not on this list. So.. I have to decide to either order from two places or stick with one..

Let me know.. I am getting my seahorses next week, so I'll be ready for fish in three weeks.

tfp
04/02/2004, 06:14 PM
matt,
any chance you can get a six-line wrasse and 2 cleaner shrimp for me? i know they might not come from ORA but am not in a big hurry.

thanks,
tim

wombat2
04/03/2004, 01:06 AM
Izsabelle, right now I haven't set a date for the last order. I'm guessing it will be sooner than three weeks, though. I'd like to order as soon as possible, since ORA commonly runs out of the desirable SPS frags very quickly.

I haven't done the math, but I think we're pretty close to $200 in fish. As soon as we hit that, I'm going to want to order ASAP.

Tim, you've got a PM.

user48953
04/03/2004, 02:21 AM
Matt.. Do the Ocellaris come as sexless juvi's? I'm interested in 2 regular and 1 black.

huy

wombat2
04/03/2004, 06:30 PM
They come about 6 months old IIRC, so yes, they should be sexually immature. You can buy breeding pairs as well (only ocellaris this month) that are much larger adults, but it's quite a bit more expensive. Also, I have no idea how old they are.

FWIW, an orchid dottyback pair I obtained about 3 months ago for a 40 gallon display tank has begun spawning. Quite a cool sight. They are easy to sex as well; the female's caudal fin is rounded and symmetrical, while the male's has a short filament or streamer on the ventral side. These guys sort of defy the dottyback stereotype...very, very peaceful.

wombat2
04/03/2004, 06:45 PM
THIS POST WILL BE MY ORDER SHEET!
If you want a fish, it has to be on this post somewhere. I think I've gotten everything so far, and I will come back and edit this post as any new fish are added. If you want something, please post it to the thread rather than PM'ing me.

Thanks!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yours truly:
1 citron goby
2 neon gobies
2 fridmani dottybacks
3 yellow assessors
2 compressus cardinals

brentp:
1 citron goby
2 fridmani dottybacks (male/female)

tfp:
2 black occelaris
1 regular ocellaris

I'm happy to say this puts us above $200 for fish, assuming everything here is available.

I'll post the availability of corals next.

wombat2
04/03/2004, 06:49 PM
Here are the available corals/inverts/etc. A note about availability: The 'limited availability' SPS frags are just that--very, very limited. I wouldn't be surprised if they've already all been sold for this month. List what you would like, and I'll do my best to get what I can for you.

--Algae--(available in 1/2 or 3 lbs)
Red Gracillaria
Green "
Brown "
Ulva
Agar Seaweed

--Conchs--
Queen Conch
Fighting Conch

--Clams--
Maxima 1st grade
" Ultra
" Gold
Crocea Ultra
Crocea Gold
Squamosa
Derasa
Hippopus

--SPS--
Montipora hirisuta
Montipora digitata (orange)
--Limited availability--
Green Bali Slimer
Seriatopora
Blue Tortuosa
Pocillopora (pink)
Millepora (blue)
Millepora (green)
Acropora (purple tip)
M. capricornis (purple edge)
M. digitata (green)

--Soft--
Xenia
Nephthea
Alcyonium
Zoanthids (brown/green/orange)

Izsabelle
04/03/2004, 07:22 PM
On the zoo's do we just get whatever or can we specify a color?

What are the prices? Can you Pm those to me?

I'm still thinking about placing a fish order too.

When is the cut off?

wombat2
04/03/2004, 07:46 PM
The zoos are one rock, with several different colored polyps on them.

I'll PM you the prices.

Feel free to list whatever fish you'd like, I can still add stuff.

I'm going to stop taking orders and send the order to ORA next week probably. I forget which days they ship out. I'll let everyone know by Monday at the earliest when I'm going to place the order.

I forget who mentioned it, but someone said they couldn't pick up easily. I think we can make some arrangements, for either myself or another MARS member to hold the stuff or to acclimate it to one of our systems. That's about the best I can do. I will try to have it ship out on a Thursday, but no guarantees.

tfp
04/03/2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by wombat2

tfp:
2 black occelaris
1 regular ocellaris

matt, that sounds great to me. you've got my number if anything comes up. also, i didn't receive a PM regarding the 6-line wrasse and 2 cleaner shrimp yet. sometimes they don't go thru.

thanks,
tim

jjharrisx4
04/04/2004, 12:55 AM
Hey Matt, I'm the guy that has limited days to pick up. Actually, I can pick up any day if it's early enough but I need to be at work in Stockton by 1:30.

I'd like to order 2 pairs of neon gobies (total 4 fish). Also, I'm anxious to see the price list for corals. It would be PERFECT if I could pick up on Friday morning...I am off on fridays. Thanks

Jason

changhsu
04/05/2004, 02:46 AM
Could someone PM me the prices of the 2nd list too?

Thanks!!!

wombat2
04/05/2004, 03:08 AM
Sorry folks,
I noticed a LOT of people PM'd me asking for the coral price list. I tried emailing it to sagitarius last night, but for some reason it got sent back to me (???)...

I'll PM everyone that PM'd me with the list.

sagitariuscbc
04/05/2004, 03:12 AM
try to mail it here please...
sagitariuscbc@comcast.net

sagitariuscbc
04/05/2004, 03:49 AM
got it! so if you need prices e-mail here sagitariuscbc@comcast.net

order will be going in asap!
thanks matt!

user48953
04/05/2004, 01:17 PM
Matt.. Please put me down for the for following:

2 regular Ocellaris
1 black Ocellaris
1 Maxima Clam Colored Ultra

If possible, could you request that the regular and black Ocellaris be similar in size?

thanks
huy

wombat2
04/05/2004, 02:09 PM
They usually are ;)

Folks, I've been thinking about the best way to distribute this stuff and I'd like your input. My initial thought was to meet at O street aquarium. The only problem with this is that I'll be acclimating fish and corals to several different systems around Davis for at least a few hours after I recieve the order. This means your livestock would just be sitting in a bag during this time. If folks are willing to pick up their stuff in Davis, you can have it 15 minutes after I receive it. I'll be sitting at home all day waiting for the order, so I can create a phone list and call all of you the minute it arrives. You could also come later if you couldn't make it then, I would just need to know what time you would get to Davis so I could meet you. Another option is to give several orders to one person to take back to Sac. I'm open to whatever you guys want to do; I just realized you all probably want your stuff ASAP.

I've updated the order list with some new stuff.

wombat2
04/05/2004, 02:24 PM
Criminy, I can't edit my messages here without speaking to an admin? OK, here's the NEW order sheet.

If you want a fish, it has to be on this post somewhere. I think I've gotten everything so far, and I will come back and edit this post as any new fish are added. If you want something, please post it to the thread rather than PM'ing me.

Thanks!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yours truly:
1 citron goby
2 neon gobies
2 fridmani dottybacks
3 yellow assessors
2 compressus cardinals

brentp:
1 citron goby
1 large pink seriatopora
4 fighting conches (are queen conchs okay if they aren't available?)
1 Largest Maxima Ultra (then 1st, gold, if unavailable)
1 M. digitata (orange)
1 Blue tort
1 Poci (pink)
1 Millepora (blue)
1 M. cap (purple)

tfp:
2 black occelaris
1 regular ocellaris

xdroccax
2 regular ocellaris
1 black ocellaris
1 ultra maxima (I'll do the smallest size unless you specify otherwise ?)

jjharris
4 neon gobies

wombat2
04/05/2004, 02:39 PM
Tim, sorry I keep remembering about the cleaners and 6 line and then forgetting to post. ORA doesn't sell them. I've heard they're working on raising peppermints (along with a lot of other things) though.

That's the kind of thing I can get, but it's probably easier just to go through a LFS or MO or whatever. We can talk about it when ya pick up the order I suppose. ;)

wombat2
04/05/2004, 03:47 PM
THE ORDER WILL BE PLACED THURSDAY, APRIL 8th FOR DELIVERY ON FRIDAY!!!

I will be ordering in the early afternoon. My cutoff will be at noon on Thursday, and I'll check the thread one last time at that point. If you need to call me my phone number is (530) 219 6002.

Is everyone (Brent, Tim, Jason, and Huy) OK with pickup on Friday? Can you guys PM me with your phone numbers?

tfp
04/05/2004, 04:17 PM
matt,
friday works perfect for me. i'll pm you my number.

tim

user48953
04/05/2004, 04:39 PM
Matt.. If they have fighting conches, please put me down for 1.. your list had them as NA..

as to the maxima ultra, the smallest first is fine, then larger.. if the ultra is not available, then the smallest 1st grade only; no golds..

what time do you anticipate the delivery will arrive? i work in Rocklin so it will take me some time to get over to Davis.. i'm also ok with someone (that is already planning to go to Davis) picking my portion up and i can meet them somewhere around Sac..

i'll pm you my number.

huy

budgetyourself
04/05/2004, 09:52 PM
Matt, I guess I can't stand not ordering something, put me down for a tort frag. I will pick it up at your house, I'll PM my number - thanks, Pam

wombat2
04/06/2004, 12:04 AM
OK, someone from ORA just PM'd to let me know I need to order by Wednesday at noon for Thursday shipment, so that is our new deadline. Sorry I keep switching it up on you guys. THE ORDER WILL BE PLACED AT NOON WEDNESDAY, AND WILL ARRIVE FRIDAY!!! It's impossible to say when the delivery will arrive. Sometimes I get FedEx at my house at 8 in the morning, sometimes at 3 in the afternoon. I have a Cirrhilabrus lineatus AND laboutei coming tommorrow, so I can get sort of a good idea when they swing by my apartment. I have an unlit refugium I can float the bags in so they will at least stay the right temp until you pick them up.

This is my current order sheet:

Yours truly:
1 citron goby
2 neon gobies
2 fridmani dottybacks
3 yellow assessors
2 compressus cardinals

brentp:
1 citron goby
1 large pink seriatopora
1 M. digitata (orange)
1 Blue tort
1 Poci (pink)
1 Millepora (blue)
1 M. cap (purple)

tfp:
2 black occelaris
1 regular ocellaris

xdroccax
2 regular ocellaris
1 black ocellaris
1 ultra maxima (start with smallest available...get a 1st grade if no ultras available)
1 fighting conch

jjharris
4 neon gobies

budgetyourself
1 blue tort

jjharrisx4
04/06/2004, 01:45 AM
Matt, I'd like to add to my order...

add 1 small maxima gold clam (if small isn't avail, it's ok to go up a size)
add 4 queen conch (fighting ok if no queen avail)
add 1 Green Bali Slimer * Scratch & Dent - large

So, my total order is:

4 neon gobies
1 small maxima gold clam
4 queen conch
1 Green Bali Slimer * Scratch & Dent - large

total (w/out shipping) or something like that.
I'll PM my #

wombat2
04/06/2004, 01:50 AM
Jason, you have a PM!

Please don't mention prices online guys!

wombat2
04/06/2004, 01:51 AM

Yours truly:
1 citron goby
2 neon gobies
2 fridmani dottybacks
3 yellow assessors
2 compressus cardinals

brentp:
1 citron goby
1 large pink seriatopora
1 M. digitata (orange)
1 Blue tort
1 Poci (pink)
1 Millepora (blue)
1 M. cap (purple)

tfp:
2 black occelaris
1 regular ocellaris

xdroccax
1 regular ocellaris
1 misbar ocellaris
1 black ocellaris
1 ultra maxima (start with smallest available...get a 1st grade if no ultras available)
1 fighting conch

jjharris
4 neon gobies
1 small maxima gold clam
4 queen conch

budgetyourself
1 blue tort

jjharrisx4
04/06/2004, 01:53 AM
Dude...I'm tired and I blew it. I'll try edit

user48953
04/06/2004, 01:55 AM
Matt.. Just heard from the boss and she wants 1 regular and 1 misbar ocellaris instead of 2 regulars.. if the misbar isn't available, then 2 regulars are ok..

thanks

wombat2
04/06/2004, 02:23 AM
Thanks J ;)

Huy, I changed it, thanks.

wombat2
04/06/2004, 02:28 AM
Pam,
Are you Pam Schmeisser? I didn't get your phone #...can you PM when ya get a chance?

budgetyourself
04/06/2004, 10:05 PM
Matt , I guess while you are at it, I would like to add to my order - I guess I will try two of the Marshall Island aqua cultured frags and I have seen where ORA has a red millepora - is there any chance you could see if that is available. THanks, Pam - I sent you PM with my phone #

wombat2
04/07/2004, 01:37 AM

Yours truly:
1 citron goby
2 neon gobies
2 fridmani dottybacks
3 yellow assessors
2 compressus cardinals

brentp:
1 citron goby
1 large pink seriatopora
4 fighting conches (2 queens if fighting are unavailable)
1 M. digitata (orange)
1 Blue tort
1 Poci (pink)
1 Millepora (blue)
1 M. cap (purple)

tfp:
2 black occelaris
1 regular ocellaris

xdroccax
1 regular ocellaris
1 misbar ocellaris
1 black ocellaris
1 fighting conch

jjharris
4 neon gobies
1 small maxima gold clam
4 queen conch

budgetyourself
1 blue tort
2 Marshall Island frags
1 red mille

skierguy
04/07/2004, 11:16 AM
I would like to order the following:

1-Frenatus (Tomato) Clown
1-Purple Capricornis* Purple-edge
1-Pink Seriatopora hystrix* Pink bird’s nest

Thanks

wombat2
04/07/2004, 12:43 PM

Yours truly:
1 citron goby
2 neon gobies
2 fridmani dottybacks
3 yellow assessors
2 compressus cardinals

brentp:
1 citron goby
1 large pink seriatopora
4 fighting conches (2 queens if fighting are unavailable)
1 M. digitata (orange)
1 Blue tort
1 Poci (pink)
1 Millepora (blue)
1 M. cap (purple)

tfp:
2 black occelaris
1 regular ocellaris

xdroccax
1 regular ocellaris
1 misbar ocellaris
1 black ocellaris
1 fighting conch

jjharris
4 neon gobies
1 small maxima gold clam
4 queen conch
2 Green Bali Slimer * Scratch & Dent - large

budgetyourself
1 blue tort
2 Marshall Island frags
1 red mille

skierguy
1-Purple Capricornis* Purple-edge
1-Pink Seriatopora hystrix* Pink bird’s nest

reefnovice
1 small GS maroon clown
1 crocea ultra
1 zoanthid rock
1 ultra maxima
1 xenia

Sean Hanser
3 PJ Cardinals
Ulva

wombat2
04/07/2004, 01:26 PM
Awesome, I think you guys will be very happy!

I was able to order the following--I placed a (NA) after stuff they were out of, which wasn't much.

Yours truly:
1 citron goby (NA)
2 neon gobies
2 fridmani dottybacks
3 yellow assessors (??)
2 compressus cardinals (NA)

brentp:
1 citron goby (NA)
1 large pink seriatopora
2 queen conchs (fighting were NA)
1 Largest Maxima 1st grade (The only Ultras were 1.5", but they had 4" 1st grade...I hope this is OK.)
1 M. digitata (orange)
1 Blue tort (NA, big surprise ;) )
1 Poci (pink)
1 Millepora (blue) (NA)
1 M. cap (purple) (NA)

tfp:
2 black occelaris
1 regular ocellaris

xdroccax
1 regular ocellaris
1 misbar ocellaris
1 black ocellaris
1 1.5" ultra maxima (start with smallest available...get a 1st grade if no ultras available)
1 queen conch (I don't think you said get a queen if fighting were NA, but I got one. If you don't want it I'll keep it.)

jjharris
4 neon gobies
1 small maxima gold clam
4 queen conch
2 Green Bali Slimer * Scratch & Dent - large (Apparently there's just a bit of dead skeleton with some algae at the base, but the top looks good. Not sure why they don't frag these themselves)

budgetyourself
1 blue tort (NA)
2 Marshall Island frags
1 red mille (NA)

skierguy
1-Purple Capricornis* Purple-edge (NA)
1-Pink Seriatopora hystrix* Pink bird’s nest (regular size)

reefnovice
1 small GS maroon clown
1 crocea ultra
1 zoanthid rock
1 1.5" ultra maxima
1 xenia

Sean Hanser
3 PJ Cardinals
Ulva

wombat2
04/07/2004, 02:19 PM
So, of the stuff that you ordered, if you multiply by 25% you will get your rough price. So if you ordered $100 in stuff, your total will be *around* $125. I say 'around' because I won't know the exact prices until I get the invoice. I'm making some assumptions on box charges, etc.

Brent, I'm not really sure how much your clam is. It's kind of hard to understand what the exact price is when looking at that list. When it comes in I'll know for sure from the invoice, but for now I'm assuming it's the more expensive one.

I'll PM you guys with my address in Davis...

I was up until 6:30AM last night...I'm delirious and I'm passing out now ;)

bzzbee2
04/10/2004, 10:46 AM
dang i missed this one... however from the sounds of it they didnt have mated pairs of goldstripe maroons. thats what im really looking for.

jjharrisx4
04/10/2004, 11:17 AM
Matt...Thank you very much for the effort you put forth on this. I am very happy with my gobies, conch's, clam, and especially my huge corals. Thanks again! Jason

tfp
04/10/2004, 06:45 PM
matt,
i too thank you for your time and effort. it was a pleasure.

tim

wombat2
04/11/2004, 05:32 AM
Thanks guys, I'm glad you're happy with the stuff.

Next time we'll get the order ready on the 1st of the month and get those blue torts for you guys, and the cardinals for me... :D

BTW, Jason's not joking on the size of his corals...the scratch and dent Bali slimers were HUGE, for a very low price.

Thanks to everyone who participated.

Matt

wombat2
04/11/2004, 05:39 AM
Funny story I forgot to mention....

The lady who delivers for FedEx in my neck of the woods is sort of fond of me, I guess. Earlier in the week she delivered a couple of fish to me, and I gave her a little 'tour' of my tank. She was very interested because she wants to start her own tank. Long story short, the reason we got the order so early on Friday morning was because she recognized my address and went out of her way to deliver to me first. :D :D :D

jjharrisx4
04/11/2004, 09:24 AM
Sweet!!! An order early in the month would be cool. Maybe they'll have scratch and dent tort!

knight34
04/11/2004, 09:48 AM
m

budgetyourself
04/11/2004, 10:24 AM
Thanks Matt for all the hard work - put me down for the tort in the next order - Pam

user48953
04/11/2004, 03:37 PM
Thank you Matt for the order!.. i didn't have much time to monitor the clowns, clam, and conch; just the initial acclimation process.. but today i had time to really look and they all look GREAT.. the maxima has opened up almost all the way, if not all the way.. can't wait til the next order..

huy

Undergrad
04/11/2004, 10:48 PM
The lady who delivers for FedEx in my neck of the woods is sort of fond of me, I guess. Earlier in the week she delivered a couple of fish to me, and I gave her a little 'tour' of my tank. She was very interested because she wants to start her own tank. Long story short, the reason we got the order so early on Friday morning was because she recognized my address and went out of her way to deliver to me first.

Matt you devil you! Mind if I have all my packages delivered to your place from now on? ;)

Arlan

reefnovice
04/12/2004, 07:08 PM
Hi, Matt. Thanks for the order. Everything looks great! :-)