PDA

View Full Version : Show picture box

cat23
08/23/2001, 08:55 AM
Why is it that when there is a "tag" (the little box with an X in it), I can't open the picture?

I right click on the tag and click on show pic and nothing...

Obviously, I have my preferences set wrong somewhere! Can anyone help?

Starmy
08/23/2001, 04:59 PM
Hi cat23. The red X means that the picture can't be displayed. It is generally because of your browser settings. I don't have netscape in front of me, but in IE you would click on:
Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced. Scroll down to Multimedia and make sure that "Show Pictures" is selected. For the red X try lowering your security settings. Mine are "medium" and I can see the pictures. Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Click ont he globe (internet) -> click on "Custom Level..." -> RESET to Medium or Medium-Low, apply. Reload and see if you can view the images.

Hope that helps, if it doesn't let me know and I'll ask someone around me (I'm surrounded by MCSEs :) )...they'll know.

cat23
08/23/2001, 07:50 PM
Starmy,
I tried it and same thing! IE preferences were set to medium and I changed it to med low. Still can't get the pics.
I was wondering if the pics with the tag were no longer on the net.
I can't figure this out. Seems like others can open the pics with no problem. Maybe it's something about my settings on the board.

Teri:confused:

JohnL
08/23/2001, 11:56 PM
Thanks Starmy.

cat23
09/05/2001, 09:06 PM
Anyone have any ideas? I tried this and checked my settings. Can't get the boxes to show picture!

JohnL
09/05/2001, 09:56 PM
My guess is that the picture is no longer at the address specified.

JMC
09/06/2001, 06:20 PM
Hi, I have the same problem on some of the pics. I don't know what causes it but, I can tell you how to see the pix.

Just "right click" on the red x and scroll down to properties and click on that. When the properties box comes up highlight the URL then copy and paste it into your address bar and hit enter. It will take you to the picture and display it. When you close that page and return to the RC page the picture will "magically appear".

Don't ask me why, I don't know. maybe someone on the board can answer as to the WHY.

JMC

cat23
09/06/2001, 10:23 PM
JMC,
Thanks! Will give that a try. I never have trouble anywhere else just here! Will let you know if it works for me too.

Thanks again

JohnL
09/06/2001, 10:53 PM
Teri, Can you post the URL of the picture you are referring to so I can take a look?

kaotica
09/07/2001, 11:05 AM
the reason for the X is dependent on SEVERAL factors. Sometimes it's a timeout (it takes too long to load all the pictures on the page, so it sometimes times out and does not show it)
in that case, you can usually right click on the X and select SHOW PICTURE from the context menu

as for another possiblity, the picture is no longer online or the url that it is pointing to is incorrect.

i doubt it has to do with the security settings, otherwise chances are you would see no pictures at all.

hope this helps

fabio

cat23
09/16/2001, 05:17 AM
JohnL

Please take a look at this one. The thread is located in Gen. Discussion area. Post is "Very cool pic, I need to show off"
I get the little box in holeinone's reply and can't see his pic.

It was just posted so I would assume it is still on the net. Tried to L-click and show picture...No pic.

What do you think?

Rick
09/16/2001, 12:23 PM
Teri,
I've always experienced the same thing . I know just the picture your talking about to because I posted the pic of the clown in the anemone on the same thread .
If you happen to figure it out ,please let me know . Its been bugging me for a half a year .
Thanks ,
Rick

cat23
09/16/2001, 01:32 PM
Rick,

Maybe JohnL can figure it out! What do you say?

By the way, nice clown!!!

cat23
09/18/2001, 05:05 AM
JohnL

Another............

The Lounge, New patriotic toys, Starmy's post. Can't see pic

How 'bout it Rick, can you see the pic?

Rick
09/18/2001, 12:36 PM
Nope , and after right clicking and pressing "open picture" the X button disappeared ,left the page ,vanished .
I wonder if its a setting on our computer that needs turning on .
I just can't figure it out .

Starmy
09/20/2001, 09:14 AM
cat23,

I believe I removed that picture from my webserver. It was an image I created in the thralls of boredom, and once I was done having my fun I removed it.

If you still want to see the image, I have it posted as a webpage. It should load for you like a normal site, and you shouldn't have any problems with the picture loading. Let me know if you do and we can troubleshoot farther.

http://ohrberg.myip.org/JIHAD.html

cat23
09/22/2001, 11:42 AM
Ok now I posted a pic and it's a little box with an X! This didn't used to be this way.

Now I can't see my OWN pic!

What am I doing wrong?????