PDA

View Full Version : Red Dea Berlin Turbo Skimmer

Scuba Dog
03/18/2004, 06:20 PM
Just a heads up on my skimmer its a gonner the pump is dead, did not even last a year...and did not perform well ither, always required constant adjustment...after reading some threads about this skimmer my experience is not unsuall....Im going with a Euroreef and paying double what i did for the berlin, should have known about reef central before i started up....Just wanted to let you all know that are setting up a tank stay far far far away from red sea berlin skimmers...

jerryc
03/18/2004, 07:44 PM
good to know about that Im going to have to replace min
before too awful long hopeful not to quick got other needs
before I do

lil'salty
03/18/2004, 08:15 PM
after some of my other diy stuff i would like to make a new skimmer
but first the new stand, sump, and fuge, also a syphon top off system, then maybee a new skimmer
so much to do so little time

Scuba Dog
03/18/2004, 09:06 PM
lil'salty

I knew i shouda stuck with wood and metal shop lol , i havet touched a table saw since the 9th grade....back in like 1983 lol...21 years ago lol....DIY would have saved me some serious change....

jerryc
03/18/2004, 10:23 PM
Dog At least you remember it its been so long for me i for got
everything I learned in shop

Scuba Dog
03/19/2004, 05:21 AM
jerryc
True true jerry....thing is in jr high i lived in shop classes...but when i moed down here for my sophmore year, they didnt offer it .....so i went the science route......

thedogofwar
03/19/2004, 05:44 AM
wanna sell it? I hear they work pretty good with the venturi and pump upgrade. Too bad I sold my mag7 already.

Scuba Dog
03/19/2004, 06:13 AM
thedogofwar

It was the pump that went out...I was thinking about later on buying a pump and keeping it as a backup....and to cure live rock in the garage. Enjoy your trip to Notrhwest Arkansas that area of the state is a real treat....widh i could make it up that way but hey gota work to pay for the toys.....say hello to the guys and galls up their for me.....

orion25
03/22/2004, 03:39 AM
Did you call Red Sea about the Turbo Pump Dying?? Mine died as well and I called them. The pump was way outside of the warranty period but they listened anyway. They sent me a new impeller and it works as good as new!! Check out the Red Sea website for the phone number. I sent an email from the website but they replied requesting that I call.

Call them, you have nothing to lose!

Scuba Dog
03/22/2004, 07:55 AM
orion25

I picked up a euroreef so much simpler ya just plug it in and it makes foam lol...but i will get the pump fixed or replaced...I will use it for a backup / extra skimmer...