PDA

View Full Version : My NW visit

thedogofwar
03/18/2004, 01:52 PM
Well some of you know, I'm headed to the NW corner of the state this weekend. if anyone wants to meet up, let me know and we'll try to figure it out.

The plans are, leave here about noon on Sat. So I should be in the Fayetteville area around 3 or so. I plan on heading up to Exotic Tropicals first, then roll back down and hit Worlds Under Water.

Sun I'm headed home and will detour to hit World Wide Pets and Just Fish. I'll prob hit up World Wide at 11 when they open and then Just Fish at noon when they first open.

Somewhere in all this I'm meeting HeadHawg7 and hopefully getting to check out his spread. I'd love to see others too.

am I missing any stores?

UofAHog
03/18/2004, 02:11 PM
Wish I was gonna be in town this weekend to meet you. I will be down in Little Rock for some family stuff and then to go racing on saturday.

Your list of stores sounds pretty complete.

I'll try to get all of my Exotic Tropicals pictures formated for you soon.

Matt

thedogofwar
03/18/2004, 02:21 PM
Heh, figures huh. Where are you going racing at? Please don't say the fairgrounds. I heard they're starting that up again. Have you ever raced there?

BTW, some hints on NWA nightlife are appreciatted. :)

Scuba Dog
03/18/2004, 05:40 PM
Hope yall have a good time this weekend,, this is my marathon week before its saidand done will have put in 72 hours....

UofAHog
03/18/2004, 05:58 PM
Weather permiting, I will be running at centerville.

Matt

drummerman2003
03/18/2004, 07:42 PM
well if you really wanted, you could run by here and drop off some coral for me to umm baby sit... and maybe some lights and a skimmer, powerhead, live rock, the works... lol

Kayo
03/18/2004, 09:54 PM
Dog,

About what time do you think you will be at Exotic Tropicals? I may stop in and say Hi! My big project this weekend is to install the two 250w MH that I just got from Exotic Tropicals.

Scuba Dog
03/19/2004, 05:24 AM
Kayo

A 250 cool..later oninthe year ill swap over to 250 HQI....I guess ill keep the 175's for a back up system, so what bulb are you going to use?

thedogofwar
03/19/2004, 05:43 AM
drummerman, since when did HotSprings become NW?

Kayo, I'm hoping to meet up with Danny first so I can get him his frags. I'd say I would in there at 4. I won't be in a hurry so I'll be there for prob an hour or so. If you want, I could prob give you a hand with that install if you need it. I'm pretty darn handy.

Brandon

drummerman2003
03/19/2004, 09:45 AM
its not... im just saying, if you were really in the mood for a detour lol im just messin man

headhawg7
03/19/2004, 10:57 AM
I will be around and can accomidate whatever. Just give me a call when you get close. I can give easy directions.

thedogofwar
03/19/2004, 01:16 PM
What? do I have to bribe you all? :)

If anybody needs something like maybe a bit of seeding sand or macro, phyto or something, you have until about 10Am tomorrow to speak up.

Scuba Dog
03/19/2004, 02:00 PM
thedogofwar

Well you could sneek some baggies into headhawgs place when he isnt looking lol and snip some pieces lol

headhawg7
03/19/2004, 02:03 PM
LMAO, good luck! Didn't you see my guard dog? Brindle Pit Bull and he is very protective! You can try to grab but I won't be held liable. I will show Brandon where he tore the poodle next doors face/snout completely off his head, literally. He pulled that damn poodle though a 3" hole in a chain link fence. It was freaking savage.

Scuba Dog
03/19/2004, 02:10 PM
headhawg7

Damn........and he looked like a sweetheart to in the pics lol...my dogs lol one is a yapper then will try to lick ya to death, the other is only interested in ya if ya have food lol

headhawg7
03/19/2004, 02:17 PM
!!

headhawg7
03/19/2004, 02:20 PM
Nah, he is a good dog. He don't like people sneaking around or other dogs. If he didn't know you and you walked into my house w/o me, it would be over rather quickly. Other than that he is a baby and will literally lick you to death once you make friends with him.

Scuba Dog
03/19/2004, 02:24 PM
headhawg7

Thasts cool i like dogs...I wouldent be the same with out ole bear dog, had that lil feller for like 12 years now...

thedogofwar
03/19/2004, 02:31 PM
note to self: Pack raw meat and baggies.

saltaddict
03/19/2004, 03:39 PM
lol

headhawg7
03/19/2004, 04:15 PM
lol

thedogofwar
03/19/2004, 11:35 PM
Whats so funny? I wasn't kidding :P

Scuba Dog
03/20/2004, 07:44 AM
thedogofwar
have a safe trip and a good time lol.......just today and one more work day till time off lol....been a long week....

thedogofwar
03/20/2004, 12:54 PM
I will. Waiting for the woman to get home so we can go. Suppossed to get off at 11. it's almost noon, I want to get on the road. don't mess with a mans reef schedule. :)

drummerman2003
03/20/2004, 12:55 PM
haha you tell her

Dionaea
03/20/2004, 01:19 PM
So, what are the plans today? I'm off at home in Rogers but planning to go to Fayetteville later. Let me know.

James

jerryc
03/20/2004, 02:03 PM
I can hear it [but but honey but but please hurry

thedogofwar
03/22/2004, 11:36 AM
LOL, Someone gets a new avatar and thinks they're the man! :D

Sorry I missed ya James, I made my last entry just before I pleaded with the woman to hurry up. :)

Ok I got into town about 4 and went up to Rogers to Exotic Tropicals. I was there for quite awhile talking and looking. I also purchased a Tubastrea. YES I got a beautiful SunCoral. They still have a red one.

We found a hotel and called headhawg, Danny. Unfortunately I thought Worlds was open till 8 but they closed at 6, about 30 min from then. Decided it would be best to just wait till Sun. I ran over to Danny's and checked out his spread. Danny's got a georgous SPS tank. His xenia fuge is going to be awesome too. I saw some fine SPS at both stores this weekend but the finest ones I saw, were in Danny's tank. :eek1: Which he was generous enough and I am fortunate enough to have brought back about a dozen frags of. :bum:

So Sun Tawnya and I ran over to Danny's gathered the frags and headed to World's. Came so very close to walking away from World's with one of several very nice roses BTA's and a pair of Nemo's. I sincerely appreciated the honesty when I inquired about oscelarius (sp) and chances with a BTA. I don't know much about this species of clownfish so we decided it would be better to wait and look into it first. I left World's with just a new Salifert Calcium test kit. I was basically gonna let her pick whatever she wanted from there and what she wanted she couldn't really have. I wanted a couple pieces of SPS but with the load I already had to bring back, I knew space was going to be precious, and right now it is so that was smart. In short, I'll be revisiting in a couple weeks.

Unfortunatly I was setback a couple hrs becuase of having to wait till Sun to go to World's and didn't feel up to jetting over into Ft. Smith to check out the others stores there, it has to wait. :( I didn't make it home till 7:30 and I had a load of acclimation to do.

I'll save the reviews for another thread, I have to get some work done, I was even late this morning after having to dig a snail out of the overflow. :mad2:

Brandon

headhawg7
03/22/2004, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the props!

Scuba Dog
03/22/2004, 02:17 PM
Cool glad yall had a way wonderfull time whyle I was slaving away at work lol just kiddin....sounds like ill have t make that same trip sometime...

thedogofwar
03/22/2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by headhawg7
Thanks for the props!

you deserve it. The hard work is unmistakable. I don't think there is a spec of nuisence algae in the tank, the sps colors can turn even a hardcore softy into a sps fanatic.

I can't thank you enough for the frags Danny.

oh and I think I forgot to say how cool a guy Danny was, I'm still drooling over the tank, much better looking than Danny himself. ;)

Roy, I just posted my reviews with a little more details. NW is your clam and sps connection. Sorry you had to work, SUCKER! :cool:

headhawg7
03/22/2004, 03:04 PM
LOL, it better be better looking than me. If not then I am going to start spending all that money on plastic surgery:D

Scuba Dog
03/22/2004, 03:07 PM
headhawg7

Im going to hit you up for the acro light later on this summer danny...But its going to be the six foot version.....

headhawg7
03/22/2004, 04:04 PM
OK. That thing is pretty damn expensive even at cost. It is badass though.

Scuba Dog
03/22/2004, 04:19 PM
headhawg7

Yeah this system is going to cost me some serious cash....

headhawg7
03/22/2004, 04:21 PM
Any system is gonna cost some cash. That system is gonna cause a increase in the American economy. You name will soon apear of the NYSE.

headhawg7
03/22/2004, 04:22 PM
That spelling is contagiuos. lol

jerryc
03/22/2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by headhawg7
That spelling is contagiuos. lol

glad we're not the only ones :confused: