PDA

View Full Version : FS: 240 gallon tank

Tbor
03/18/2004, 09:37 AM
I've got a buddy in Harleysville, PA (outside of Lansdale) that is cutting back on his involvement in the hobby. He's trying to sell a 240 gallon tank. I don't know details on dimensions, stand/hood, etc., but if you're interested PM me and I will give you his email address.

-Mary

jvschlegel
03/19/2004, 08:43 AM
what type of price is he asking?

dvlhzdu
03/19/2004, 09:26 AM
I had an e-mail exchange with him and it is a great price for all the things he is including. I do not think I will be able to use the tank as the dimensions are not what I am looking for 96X24X24. I am asking around to facilitate the sale.
Tom

jvschlegel
03/19/2004, 09:35 AM
So you are saying you want to buy it but can't use the tank?

What is his total price on everything?

tank dimensions?

and if you want to buy it but sell the tank, what do you want for just the tank?

chawee
03/19/2004, 09:35 AM
Tbor/dvlhzdu, What's included and what's he asking for it?

Chalie

jvschlegel
03/19/2004, 09:47 AM
waiting for pm, and I will post it all up

Tbor
03/19/2004, 10:24 AM
Sorry I don't have the details on it.
-Mary

dvlhzdu
03/19/2004, 01:18 PM
I think you should go through Mary for the contact info.

I have some smaller tanks (10-20 gallon) that I will throw in as well, and some Lamont test kits that I don't use. Also some extra MH ballasts. You can have it all. The tank is a 240 gallon acrylic (24" x 24" x 96").
It has full stand (on heavy rubber/steel casters) and hood. There are 3 - 400 watt metal halides (6500k) on the tank now.
I bought it used from Mike Paletta, about 6 years ago.
It has two 5 foot tall counter current skimmers also. It has a calcium reactor too. There are two overflow boxes (one is broke) that drain to a sump which is 40 gallon. There is no pump (I moved it to my 90 gal), but there are a few powerheads.
The tank has a crack in the back that was repaired by Mike, and is still good after 6 years, but if I was going to keep it, I would take the time to make a better patch before I refilled it. Since it is acrylic and not new, it has scratches, and I have a scratch polishing kit as well. I have lots of assorted accessories as well. I'm looking to unload it all in one shot if possible.
I paid $1500 for the tank stand and hood. I added the lights myself.
In all, probably over $2500 cost when I put it together.
If you want to see a picture, I will try to take one tonight.
I'm asking $XXX for all.
I also have a brand new Iwaki 100 pump (biggest they make), which I never used (still in the box). I am asking $300 for it, and someone has asked to see it, so it might be sold. If he doesn't want it, it would be ideal for this tank. I actually bought it as a spare for this tank, but never needed it.
Let me know if you're interested.
Regards,
Doug

------------- Original message follows -------------

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

chawee
03/19/2004, 01:49 PM
I think you should go through Mary for the contact info.

That's fine, I would go through her for the contact but is the price a secret. I just didn't want to waste the man's time if it was too much.

Chalie

dvlhzdu
03/19/2004, 03:57 PM
I have a couple of pics get me you e-mail and I will forward.

chawee
03/19/2004, 04:16 PM
Tom, I sent you PM