PDA

View Full Version : Club T-Shirts?

dfrizz1
03/17/2004, 12:20 AM
Does anyone have in interest in having Omaha Marine Society t-shirts made? Selling shirts can help raise money for the club and lets us members sport them around town. If potentional members see the shirts it might cause them to join the club.

Does anyone like this idea?

koikeeper
03/17/2004, 08:23 AM
Again a great idea. The club logo is nice enough that I wouldn't be bothered to wear it anywhere. Especially on the weekends when I go fish shopping. (I dropped a 150 dollars on plecos this weekend, what was I thinking!)

Does the club have enough money to make the initial purchase though? I have yet to see any reports on the club's financial standing. How well did we do off of the Christmas raffle? I know I dropped 40, but not sure how well we did when it has been brought up that we need to do more fundraising. Would also be a good idea to get club members a little more involved in a wish list of who they would like to see come talk.

hmmm rattling.

OMS shirts should be a definate on fundraising, with sweatshirts coming out this fall.

Koi

smcwhirt
03/17/2004, 11:25 AM
We have a logo? I agree it's a good idea. For the initial purchase I'd probably recommend a prepaid order so the club does not get stuck with a bunch of shirts that may not get sold.

dfrizz1
03/17/2004, 03:49 PM
What logo are you talking about, Iv'e never seen it.

The most expensive part of shirts is having a template made. After that it's pretty much just the cost of the shirts. I agree it's smart to have people prepay. As of right now I'm not sure if the club could afford it. I would get with Mike, I'm sure he knows the clubs financial situations better than us.

koikeeper
03/17/2004, 09:22 PM
I've seen an O.M.S. logo somewhere... Can't quite remember where! I could have it confused with something else!

koikeeper
03/21/2004, 10:33 AM
Since none of the higher-ups have responded I guess we don't have a logo. Do we need one designed? If so that needs to be brought up at the meeting. I am sure we have many talented members capable of submitting ideas the club can vote on. I for one can create logos, etc.

big red
04/15/2004, 12:04 PM
Hi all,
I live in St. Louis now and we decided to order our shirts without the need of $ upfront. We used cafeshops.com
http://www.seasl.org/pages/about.htm#shop
Since $ is always limitted, it was a good way to get shirts without carrying the inventory. Also, they gave us a good deal on an initial order that we used for a SEASL group buy.
Hope it helps.
Scott