PDA

View Full Version : Cheap CO2 Bottles

polymorphus
03/16/2004, 01:48 AM
Anyone know were to get relativly inexpensive CO2 Bottles suitable for Calc Reactors.

- g

jdieck
03/16/2004, 02:03 AM
Regardless of the price for Safety I would by them from your CO2 supplier preferibly a Welding store. You can be certain is new or if used it is properly and safely hydrotested and meets all DOT regulations and most importantly you can insure they can re-fill it for you.
Over the years there has been a lot of manufacturer recalls on aluminum cylinders so it is uncertain what you would get if is not the right source.
Whatever or werever you by insure you have a proper invoice stating the cylinder serial number. By DOT regulations the fillers can only fill cylinders presented and authorized for filling by the rightful owner so you may need to prove it belongs to you.

owsi
03/16/2004, 11:26 PM
Here in Tucson I get mine at Airweld, 10 Lb is $80, then $13 to swap for a full one, no wait. As said above you can get your own but it easier to buy theirs and swap. John

dmorel
03/17/2004, 11:15 AM
I went to "airgas" with my old beat up cannister a few weeks ago and 15 bucks later I had a brand new full cannister...

jdieck is right though, you have to start by buying one SOMEWHERE.

While I can't point you to a particular source here in phoenix, when I got my first CO2 cannister in NY, I simply called a few welding supply places until one of them told me they had a used cannister for 10 bucks, and I was in shape. That's been refilled a few times and now been "swaped" for the new full tank from airgas. There are a LOT of welding supply places over here by the airport (I work a half mile from the airport)...

hth,
-dm

mojodeli
03/17/2004, 12:04 PM
I go to phoenix welding supply co.

http://www.phxwelding.com/

They have a couple of locations. I didn't buy a tank but traded out my old one for a shiney new one for 15 bux. I'm sure they have tanks to sell.

njmar1
03/17/2004, 06:17 PM
Try ebay, I got some O2 tanks there....