PDA

View Full Version : Flyer Distribution Help

thedogofwar
03/15/2004, 04:09 PM
Going shopping this weekend? I could use some help distributing flyers.

thedogofwar
03/15/2004, 04:13 PM
so far, so good

opinions?

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/36585mini-flyer.jpg

drummerman2003
03/15/2004, 04:38 PM
got a bigger pic? looks good from what i can see... send some to me and ill see if the LFS will put them out

Scuba Dog
03/15/2004, 05:00 PM
Looks good brandon, but I have to work this weekend, maybey some time next month Ill try to make it down to monroe and pass some out....

thedogofwar
03/15/2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by drummerman2003
got a bigger pic? looks good from what i can see... send some to me and ill see if the LFS will put them out

Wish I did, but it's about as large as I can get it meeting RC's limits and the website is bugged and I can't make any changes to the site right now. :mad2:

drummerman2003
03/15/2004, 05:10 PM
if you got aol or msn, IM me... drummerman2003 - aol and drummerman2000__@hotmail.com is msn or email

mcanavan69
03/15/2004, 05:29 PM
I could pass some out at the LFS north of the rock like Jacksonville, Cabot, and such. Let me know, I live in Sherwood.
Mark:strooper:

jerryc
03/15/2004, 06:23 PM
will if there was one around here i would but if i visit one its
a all day trip

thedogofwar
03/15/2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Scuba Dog
Looks good brandon, but I have to work this weekend,
I know or I would have asked you personally. :)

Originally posted by mcanavan69
I could pass some out at the LFS north of the rock like Jacksonville, Cabot, and such. Let me know, I live in Sherwood.
Mark:strooper:
:thumbsup: I'll get ahold of you about meeting up when I get done picking at it.

lil'salty
03/15/2004, 08:17 PM
do you guys have an official logo yet
if not my wife is a graphic artist
she would love to help
if those were not freshwater angel fish i think it would be a good flyer
i'm a little picky though

saltaddict
03/16/2004, 02:22 AM
ditto on the angelfish, and I think Cass(salty's wife) could definately help. When you get it all worked out, email me a copy and I can put them at all the lfs' in my area.

thedogofwar
03/16/2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by lil'salty
do you guys have an official logo yet
if not my wife is a graphic artist
she would love to help
if those were not freshwater angel fish i think it would be a good flyer
i'm a little picky though

no we do not and I was looking for someone to do something. Find out if she might be interested. Good point about the FW, I wasn't even thinking about it, just trying to use what I had. Replacing the fish should be easy enough.

saltaddict
03/16/2004, 12:09 PM
yeah freeman, tell the little lady to get to work, ....smiles...hi, Cass :)

headhawg7
03/16/2004, 12:09 PM
I will help distribute. I know many, many reefers. How bout a Razorback Logo? Incorporate that into our logo. Maybe turn the Razorback into some sort of mean as hell looking fish that guard the corals? Make it red(obviously) and get rid of the legs and add fins. That would be cool.

headhawg7
03/16/2004, 12:11 PM
It would be very unique and one of a kind. People already know how crazy us hog fans are anyways. WE NEED TO SPREAD THE PROPOGANDA OF THE RAZORBACK NATION!!!

lil'salty
03/16/2004, 01:46 PM
okay email me some ideas
she would be happy to help
just remember me when the fraggs are ready guys
proffesional art work is not cheap, normally lol
might be a cool idea hh7
but calm down yer scarin mee:fun5:
seriously get me some ideas soon
she has some other stuff she is working on now
might take a couple of weeks till you get a finished product

thedogofwar
03/16/2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by headhawg7
I will help distribute. I know many, many reefers. How bout a Razorback Logo? Incorporate that into our logo. Maybe turn the Razorback into some sort of mean as hell looking fish that guard the corals? Make it red(obviously) and get rid of the legs and add fins. That would be cool.

I was thinking along the same line of a razorback fish. I was worried everyone might think it was lame. I looked at a bunch of hogfish pics. Thought about the A with a fish jumping through instead of the hog. I also though it would be cool if the "Razorback" part was done like the arched "Arkansas" I tried to start working on both but was failing miserably. Thats basically why the flyers hadn't already been made, I wanted a logo. I decided to go ahead with the flyers w/o a logo and wait another week to hopefully find somebody to make one. After that I was gonna start drawing. I could do it by hand but not in the puter.

I like the guarding fish idea. It makes me think of efforts to protect the reef. Maybe the "Reef" could be made frm like a pile of rock with corals on and around it.

headhawg7
03/16/2004, 01:56 PM
I guess we can have salty's better half draw something up. I will hook you up with some frags salty, no problem.

lil'salty
03/16/2004, 04:39 PM
lol
cool on the logo thing only give frags if you want to they are not expected at all
also thanks for the link dog they have a power supply that plugs into the wall like 7 bucks
getting 5 fans cheaper than 4 blue led quad fans 15 for 5
also i am going to oreder the blue led fan controller i can plug the power supply into the controller then plug the fans into it
that way its plug and play 4 fan setup for like 40 bucks
sounds good to me

Scuba Dog
03/16/2004, 05:17 PM
LOL how about a scuba diving Razorback lol....

Dionaea
03/16/2004, 10:27 PM
If there are some flyers left, I'll ask the boss man if we can post some at our shop. Let me know.

James

thedogofwar
03/16/2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Dionaea
If there are some flyers left, I'll ask the boss man if we can post some at our shop. Let me know.

James
It's getting reworked but I'll be sure to get you some if it's cool.

What store is it you work at again? I plan on being up there Sat.

headhawg7
03/17/2004, 10:54 AM
He is at Worlds Under Water and we can go up there on Saturday.

thedogofwar
03/17/2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by headhawg7
He is at Worlds Under Water and we can go up there on Saturday.

:D theres too many James in this hobby. :D

headhawg7
03/17/2004, 11:17 AM
I agree, who should we eliminate?

lil'salty
03/17/2004, 06:36 PM
so is the consensus a razoback fish then