PDA

View Full Version : Clone

gflat65
03/14/2004, 02:38 PM
As many of you know, I have been trying to find a way to get my quadracolors to clone. Coralreefing and fishdoc pointed me in the direction of the Indiana cloner who has had success (thanks to both of you). Essentially, all I have done is heavy feeding on one anemone (that I think is the clone from the other), and I pointed a ph at the other and started heavy feeding (presumably the momma). When I got up this morning, the first clone was sunked into the rocks and had slimed pretty heavily. A few hours, after I removed the slime from the area, my wife noticed that the momma looked bigger all of a sudden. I quickly came a-runnin and sure enough, the original clone had moved over to the same side as the momma. There is a little baby running around at the lower reaches of the rock structure. I only started feeding heavily a little under two weeks ago, and boom. The surprinsing thing to me is that the one that has the most stressors on it hasn't shown signs of splitting. I'll give it another week or so and see how it's doing, then maybe move the ph a little so it isn't slamming it. The first four of these babies are spoken for (yeah, right now I am being very optimistic considering the time it took between splits). Coralreefing, I'll be PM'ing you. I am stoked! I'll keep you all posted on further splits or possible devestation from the slime out (hope not). Just a few more steps and I'll be safe in the fire swamps.

fishdoc11
03/14/2004, 08:02 PM
Congratulations! you're a daddy.