PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone not using their bowfront light enclosure?

nvillacci
08/20/2001, 12:06 PM
Well I was thinking instead of getting covered in sawdust again maybe one of us nanoers has thier Bowfront Light enclosure and is not using it...

Ive seen a few people who made hoods for the bowfront out of wood. All I want is the light enclosure that came with the bowfront. I went to petsmart and they wont sell the light strip seperately... I dont even need the light, just the plastic enclosure strip.

Please guys im sure someone has one laying around, Ill pay for it via paypal. Thanks guys!

BTW Ive gotten the nano bug at work now, why have just one nano tank at home when you can have one at work too!!

nick

mr9iron
08/20/2001, 04:15 PM
BTW Ive gotten the nano bug at work now, why have just one nano tank at home when you can have one at work too!! Gotta love those bowfronts. :D :D :D :D

I dont have a light, I just wanted to comment on your addiction.:p

nvillacci
08/20/2001, 04:18 PM
My tank at home is a 10 gallon with a homemade wood hood. Now I have this bowfront at work and no lights for it. If I can get my hands on the enclosure I have the 2 x 36 watters I wanna put in it, and I can then install the 175 Icecap MH in my home tank. The 10 at home is rapidly becoming a SPS tank with all different frags and I figure Ill move the few softies I have in there to my tank at work...

Someone has to have a spare bowfront strip in this forum.... :o

Nick

Pseudo Boy
08/20/2001, 04:20 PM
nvillacci,

Are you talking about the little plastic flat cover that came with the tank ? If so, you can have mine. No charge. Just send me your address and I will express it to you. ;) Do you need the light fixture too ? You can have that if you want.

People helped me when I needed it. So what comes around goes around.
Hey is this like Pay it foward ?:rolleyes:

Pseudo :smokin:

nvillacci
08/20/2001, 04:26 PM
Dude your a life saver! Know that I think about it I need teh cover and the ligth strip. If you have paypal I can pay for the shipping no problem at all. And if you ever want any frags or softies or SPS remember me. :D

Seems I melted the top cover when I was tyring out my MH. So know it wont allow the light strip to fit on it. Thats why I need the top and the light strip. I dont need the actual light, just the plastic light holder.. That should cut down on shipping.

Im sending you my address via PM.

Thanks and I owe you:)

Nick

mr9iron
08/20/2001, 04:26 PM
If I can get my hands on the enclosure I have the 2 x 36 watters I wanna put in it
Nvillacci, Let me know how your gonna do that cause I would like to add more light to my tank. I have one 32 watt csl smartlamp in the existing light fixture and cant fit anything else..

nvillacci
08/20/2001, 04:29 PM
Im going to try some things, maybe even adding some height to the light enclosure.. that way I can put the bulbs in sideways...

Ill let you guys know what I happen to do..

Later.
Nick

mr9iron
08/20/2001, 04:32 PM
Please do, and if you can would ya post some pics?

Pseudo Boy
08/20/2001, 04:37 PM
nvillacci,

No problem and yeah that movie almost made a 265 lb. man cry in front of his lady :(

I don't know how you tried to use MH with that plastic cover on ? Could you explain how you mounted it. Was it a pendant ? Don't do it again. You could burn your house down and then where are you going to set up your nano ???;) ;)

I will send it out tommorrow afternoon so it should get there sometime in 2002 USPS time :rolleyes: . Don't need money. Thanks anyway.

Hey new pics today.

nvillacci
08/21/2001, 08:06 AM
BTW I think something got in my eye while watching it with my girlfriend, my eye kept getting wet for some reason:)

Well I didnt really mount the MH, I just tried it out by placing it on top of the hood... About 1 minute after starting it up I smelled something bitter.... "OH SH#T" followed and then it was time to turn off the MH. Man those IceCap Ballast work well...

Guess Ill "Play it foward" the next time someone needs something and I can help:) Thanks again Psuedo!

Nick

Pseudo Boy
08/22/2001, 02:21 PM
nvillacci,

Hello,

I sent the hood out today. It should get to you in 2 days. I had to find alot of peanuts for it. :D

Don't melt this one. I only have one. :p

Laterm

nvillacci
08/22/2001, 02:43 PM
Thanks again.. and oh yeah

:P

hehe
Nick

Pseudo Boy
08/22/2001, 04:10 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I just felt like posting. No prob. Let me know how it work out...

:) :( :o :p ;) :D :cool: :rolleyes: :smokin: :eek: :bum: :eek1: ;) :strooper: :redface: :rolleye1:

India
06/26/2002, 05:07 PM
Nicholas, I see that you have been online, but have ignored my emails.

FOLKS, I BOUGHT THE CANOPY THIS FELLOW WAS SELLING...I PAID FULL PRICE UP FRONT AND RECEIVED A PIECE OF JUNK...IT WAS NOTHING LIKE THE ONE IN THE PICTURE - POORLY MADE, HACKED UP, PIECES ROUGHLY SAWN OUT FOR EQUIPMENT THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED..UNFINISHED BADLY STAINED...ABSOLUTELY UNUSABLE...THE LIP STAND THAT WAS PROMISED WAS NOT INCLUDED

HE SOLD ME A POWER HEAD AND SENT ME A BOX FILTER - ABSOLUTELY USELESS.

HE OVERSHARGED ME FOR SHIPPING.

HE WILL NOT ANSWER MY EMAILS - I GAVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT, HOPED THE TRANSACTION WAS A SERIES OF HONEST MISTAKES AND WAS READY TO WORK SOMETHING OUT.

UNLESS HE CONTACTS ME AND RESOLVES THIS, I ADVISE ALL MEMBERS TO STAY AWAY FROM NICHOLAS VILLACCI.

REGRETFULLY,
INDIA

BarryF
06/26/2002, 05:56 PM
This thread is 10 months old...:confused:

nvillacci
06/26/2002, 06:05 PM
sorry guys, i feel to blamed about this. Hes being immature and posting on every single thread ive ever had instead of posting in the feedback, I wont spam anymore.

Vixyswillie
06/26/2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by mr9iron
I dont have a light, I just wanted to comment on your addiction.:p

ROLLING... :p