PDA

View Full Version : Nepthia Turning Brown

Waterbury Guy
03/12/2004, 03:03 PM
Can't really tell if we've all switched to the yahoo group, so I'm posting here.....
I picked up a piece of green nepthia from Brad a few months ago. Have it place high in my tank, and it was doing well. The last couple of weeks I've noticed it turning brown and beginning to shrink. My PC bulbs are just over a year old. I just ordered replacements today. Could that be my problem?

SHOmuchFUN
03/13/2004, 09:01 PM
"It is a semi-aggressive coral and needs ample space between itself and others in the reef aquarium. Some can produce toxins which are harmful to other reef inhabitants. It is moderately difficult to maintain in the reef aquarium, and will require medium to high lighting combined with medium to strong water movement. For continued good health, it will also require the addition of iodine, strontium, and other trace elements to the water."

This is from LiveAquaria's site. It sounds as though this is a difficult species. The bulbs definitely needs to be replaced, but have you done water changes recently? May want to try this too. I'm far from a pro, but that's my .02.

Waterbury Guy
03/15/2004, 11:29 AM
Thanks, not sure if it was a problem, but a 'shroom was coming in contact with it. It now has a new home, and the new bulbs should be here Friday.

Brad A.
03/15/2004, 07:54 PM
The green nepthia is an easy species to keep (the one I gave you). Its been in captivity for over a decade. Just put it up high and dont worry about it. If it dies on you, I have lots of it.

Brad