PDA

View Full Version : Mounting New Frags On Rock

medicman83534
03/11/2004, 02:55 PM
Can anyone help me. New here...
I need info on how to mount frags on rock, any help will be appreciated.
Thanks, Gary

thedogofwar
03/11/2004, 03:07 PM
Gel superglue for most of them. It's bettr if you can remove the rock and glue it externally but you can do it underwater too. It will skin up when it touches the water but you can still attach it.

know what you're working with and be careful where you get the glue.

you can also use netting or fish line to tie it down until it attaches on it's own.

HTH

Scuba Dog
03/11/2004, 03:23 PM
medicman83534
Depends on what the corals are as well.....sps are easy super glue or epoxy....or you can place a small rock next to your colony and allow it to atach itself the old fashoned way by growing over it, but that may take a whyle......

jerryc
03/11/2004, 03:28 PM
I Go for the super glue also its the easiest way I have tried for
most coral
with mushrooms i cut a pvc cup put on bottom with a little
gravel inside put the rooms in and cover with netting far
about ten days after that you can glue them to any kind of rock

medicman83534
03/11/2004, 10:53 PM
Thanks, I have a Xenia and an Acropora. Someone told me about rubber bands. What are your thoughts??

thedogofwar
03/11/2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by medicman83534
Thanks, I have a Xenia and an Acropora. Someone told me about rubber bands. What are your thoughts??

I've got a rubberband on a zoa frag, I wasn't gonna say anything because I didn't know if it was appropriate. :o i think it should be ready to come off. Hasn't hurt anything that I can tell. Just make sure you're not pinching any soft tissue..

saltaddict
03/12/2004, 04:01 AM
rubberbands are the best thing I have found to attach xenia frags, As far as sps, use superglue gel or epoxy. With zoos, i just sugerglue them directly to the rock. HTH

Rob

mcanavan69
03/13/2004, 07:41 PM
check out this site- www.garf.org I love this site, it teaches you how to propogate all types of corals.
Mark:strooper:

lil'salty
03/13/2004, 08:04 PM
glue is best for zoas
i like loctite quicktite brand super glue gel