Wondering if some of the local LFS around the state would be
willing to let club members have a small discount are maybe
run a special possibly posted on razorbackreef occasionally
have seen theis at other clubs sites One site had a lfs
run a special on a couple coral with advance order had
great prices on them, just a thought :bum:

Scuba Dog
03/10/2004, 08:44 PM
Im shure if we get enough members to get a minimum order we can get a discount....possibly...

jokerswild
03/10/2004, 09:26 PM
I love discounts. would love to see LFS to give discounts to members.:D

thedogofwar
03/10/2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by jokerswild
I love discounts. would love to see LFS to give discounts to members.:D

Of course you would! :D

I hope we get some sponsorship of one form or another. Try and let the seller know that you're a razorback reef member every time you make a purchase. Give me some bargaining power. Or whoever gets nominated "relations" person. ;) It needs a little time.

Kayo
03/10/2004, 10:19 PM
Well, I know James at Exotic Tropical is aware of the Razorback Reef on both Reef Central and its own web.

The contributor of last months cover picture on Reef Central (Pulsating Zenias) James, works at the other LFS in NorthWest Arkansas and knows about us.

I have agreed to have a barbeque if the fish club from Springfield Mo. comes down to visit our local LFS along with anyone in the state coming up for a day.

I think we could offer enough presence to see if they are willing to consider a club discount.

Scuba Dog
03/11/2004, 06:14 AM
Kayo
Let me know the date time and place and if Im off that weekend or not out of state Ill see what I can do.....would love to attend.....

thedogofwar
03/11/2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Kayo
Well, I know James at Exotic Tropical is aware of the Razorback Reef on both Reef Central and its own web.

The contributor of last months cover picture on Reef Central (Pulsating Zenias) James, works at the other LFS in NorthWest Arkansas and knows about us.

I have agreed to have a barbeque if the fish club from Springfield Mo. comes down to visit our local LFS along with anyone in the state coming up for a day.

I think we could offer enough presence to see if they are willing to consider a club discount.

I believe it is Lilsalty, from springfield,MO that contacted me and was wanting to sit in on a meeting and such. I was hoping to do the same with one of theirs and hopefully we could help eachother out and mingle together a bit.

I'll be completely blunt, In no way will I directly come out and ask them for a member discount. I will ask for sponsorship and participation on their part. If they were to offer a a discount, then thats great and we should gladly accept. But as suggested, I don't want to come across as a "discount club"

I'm starting to make the rounds this weekend to start relations with the LFS. The BBQ sound like fun, make sure you let us know when it is. This is exactly the kind of thing we need. We have these gatherings and 2 dozen members/consumers walk into the LFS. I even get a chance to contact these stores ahead of time and tell them what we're up to and ask for a little support. this is the exception where I would ask for a possible discount for that particular visit. If they're smart, they'll realize that we will most likely go where we find the support.

What I'm saying in so many words, it will take a bit of time to make our presence known, some retailers will know of the benefits it will provide, others may have to learn it the hard way through lost revenue.

I can't stress enough how much this relies on you and your participation. We need as attendence at these events as high as possible, we need you to speak up when purchasing, we need you to be stubborn and maybe drive a little extra to take your buisness to a sponsor vs a non-sponsor. Everything I have purchased offline, all my livestock has come from NSA in Maumelle. This is a hypothetical scenario and is in no way believed that the particular stores mention will act in these ways.
I guarantee you that if they don't help support us and say as an example, Worlds Under Water does, I'll drive clear up there as oppossed to the 15 miles to maumelle. and I'll return to NSA only to try again with receipts of their lost revenue in hand.

Don't neglect the online vendors either, theres no reason they can't help sponsor the society. mention Razorback Reef with every order, no matter how large or small. A wise seller will have somebody keeping track of these things.

Brandon

jerryc
03/11/2004, 02:40 PM
I Totally agree about the asking for discount part.
i was considering more on the ideal of a board on razorbackreef
far the lfs to use far they're specials and discount are just
to make use of that way they can make their own decisions
with out asking them for it ::D

thedogofwar
03/11/2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by jerryc
I Totally agree about the asking for discount part.
i was considering more on the ideal of a board on razorbackreef
far the lfs to use far they're specials and discount are just
to make use of that way they can make their own decisions
with out asking them for it ::D

ahh, now I'm with you. Good idea. With a little luck, by Mon the 21st, we'll have our own forum and other site features.

Kayo
03/11/2004, 07:05 PM
You guys make sense about an outright club discount. Maybe they can give us a discount on special orders since it is inventory that they don't have to sit on.

Who knows, maybe by asking them to speak about some subject at a get together they will see a room full of fish-heads and offer something up. I know these guys work to make a living.

Scuba Dog
03/11/2004, 08:10 PM
Well I know Randy in monroe has asked what he can do to help out. he is the manager for Exotic Aquatics....like a group buy or something....brandon and I will meet up with him in person saturday and perhaps then we will know more.....but it is promising.....for the LFS its free advertising and new potental customers.

headhawg7
03/12/2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Kayo

I need to go see James. I haven't been in his shop in almost 9 months. He usually has beautiful corals. One of the nicest pet stores I have ever been in.

lil'salty
03/13/2004, 08:16 PM
mmmm barbeque

tiger_eyed1
03/16/2004, 10:05 PM
Just returned from Northside Aquatics (Maumelle). I mention the club ever time I’m in there. The said I’m the only one that has ever mentioned it. Hummm. I posed a few pic of my visit out in my gallery. I snagged a nice LR covered with all types of goodies. I’m sure if we ever have a group meeting down there they would cut us a deal. Money talks.

thedogofwar
03/16/2004, 10:08 PM
I haven't been in there in over 4 weeks. I was wanting to go today with flyers but they aren't complete.
Thanx for mentioning the club!Do you know if they have cyclopeeze?

tiger_eyed1
03/16/2004, 10:30 PM
Sorry, wouldn't know. I'm still cycling so i haven't looked in the food area.

They are getting a shipment of LR in next week so i'll look then.

jerryc
03/16/2004, 10:53 PM
tigereyed
is some of them frags our is it just the picture wasn't sure
if that are you know what they're prices run for frags
going to try to go look them over before long maybe i can
go through Conway if you have time you can go with me

thedogofwar
03/16/2004, 11:07 PM
jerry, they normally don't have frags. However that rack in the bottom left tank is new since my last visit. Hope to have flyers done by thursday, I'll be in then.

If you guys go, let me know I'll swing in to met ya.

Scuba Dog
03/16/2004, 11:42 PM
ool looks like north side has some good stuff, I saw the halides over the display tank....and I saw some clams, and it also looked like possible acro's too bad Im broke lol till payday...have to go buy some plane ole live rock to build Puffy some caves in His 20 gallon home....

tiger_eyed1
03/17/2004, 01:47 PM
Well they usualy don't have frags, think someone droped the box in shipment. Sure, just let me know when you want to go and I'll try to make plans to go with you or anyone else. They knwo me by name and i buy at least one thing everytime I go. This should be building us a relationship with them.

I'm tempted to print off the attatched card and start presenting it at any LFS i visit. Maybe have a place on the back with their name and a place for them to track my spending. For them to see and other LFS as well. Just a thought. I know they were hurt when i told them i spent $200 in houston.

What do you think about the card idea?

thedogofwar
03/17/2004, 02:07 PM
it's sweet man. The idea and design. The background looks a little too distorted/stretched, can you fix that? And where did you get your number? In order from the list?

I've been thinking about membership cards. I wasn't exactly sure how to do it though. If they offered discounts we could give them a member list with coresponding numbers and they could create a system easily for their own good. To keep track yourself, you could write it on the back each time but you don't have much room. I suggest keeping receipts in an envelope for each store. We could start using the cards and if a non-sponsoring store wanted to keep track, I would provide them with the list so they could do so. It would be smart of them either way.

I'm not sure if NSA knows me by name but they do by face. Do they seem interested in the club much? I was told by another member that they had talked to them about it and they weren't the least bit interested. I was in a hurry to talk to them until I heard that.

headhawg7
03/17/2004, 02:13 PM
I want #1 or 2! :D

thedogofwar
03/17/2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by headhawg7
I want #1 or 2! :D

:rolleyes: Who do you think you are? better add a zero on that! :p

headhawg7
03/17/2004, 02:47 PM
OK, 01!

jerryc
03/17/2004, 02:59 PM
Just go to the members list countdown makes me #6 Our # 5
if we don't count Brandon after all he has got his name out
to itself----------------------------------------------------------------

headhawg7
03/17/2004, 03:02 PM
LOL, yeah he does don't he. So I can be #01 and he can be like the Grand Wizard. I bet I can find some of those old kkk red robes so he can wear around the house.

tiger_eyed1
03/17/2004, 05:45 PM
The picture is of one of my LR. Could use a longer on or if someone has a pic you think would be better we can use theirs. I'm open, thats if we even issue cards.

Once the official Logo is created we can even use it.

yes, i'm 12th on the list

headhawg7
03/17/2004, 05:52 PM
Yeah but I'm #1! No, wait a sec, #2!

headhawg7
03/17/2004, 05:53 PM
whoohoo! I am a premium member now. I guess once you get to post 755 that makes you a premium member.

tiger_eyed1
03/31/2004, 04:55 PM
Northside Aquatics Discount with
KARK / WENDY'S VIEWER’S CLUB CARD

Buy one of any livestock item and receive second of equal or lesser value 20% off

thedogofwar
03/31/2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by tiger_eyed1
Northside Aquatics Discount with
KARK / WENDY'S VIEWER’S CLUB CARD

Buy one of any livestock item and receive second of equal or lesser value 20% off

Whats that card Marcus? How do you get one? I'm surprised they didn't say something to me about that when I was in Sat. They sounded interested in participating in some things.

...OIC....http://www.kark.com/viewers_club/official_rules.asp

ouch 4-6 weeks to get my card, think they'll still have the special? :rolleyes:

tiger_eyed1
04/01/2004, 11:58 AM
Yes they do, I haven't purchased and livestock but I’m sure if you tell them you submitted for the card or take in your conformation page they'll honor it. There is a sticker on their frig advertising it. If we have enough people at the meeting (if it’s on Saturday) and tell them that they’ll be our official central Arkansas store we may be able to talk them into a permanent club discount.