PDA

View Full Version : lr for my 10gal, ? about cycles, and red brain thoughts!!!

Lunchbucket
08/17/2001, 04:40 PM
i am using my ls and lr from my 55gal i am tearing down..it has been up since Jan. and it is doing great! rock is sooooooo full of life it is unreal.

i will use about 4" of sand. but how much rock? i am goind to stack it...but how high from the top should i go? leave quite a bit of room for more little pieces w/ frags or put a lot in for filtration?

pics would be great too. just so i get a visual perception of how much rock would be ok. i would like to try to make some nice caves, ledges, and overhangs w/ my rock.

also, since my ls and lr are cycled and doing great am i gonna have a diatom, algae, and cyano outbreak/cycle??

can't wait to start my little tank and add my clowns, firefish, shrooms, red brain...etc. SLOWLY though :D

anyone think a 6" red brain is too big for a 10gal? i know it will take up quite a bit of room where the rock could be..so leave it out or keep it? get a smaller one??

thanks
Lunchbucket

lakerfan
08/18/2001, 01:40 AM
Here's my opinion on the red brain, If you give it enough room you should be fine for now. when i say for now i mean that if your brain grows as fast as my green brain, it will soon run out of room to grow. I feel sorry for my brain right now because it seems that it is cramped up in my nano, and pretty soon i will have to find another place for it or just redo my aqua scaping.
as far as the amount of rock, i have about 12-15 lbs of rock in my ten gal and that looks okay for me. really your preference there, IMO you should have around 10lbs of good quality rock.

Lunchbucket
08/18/2001, 01:58 AM
thanks man. now all i need is a scale when i measure my LR. j/k i am just going to pick the pieces that i like..add them till i feel i have enough.

i will keep the brain for now..if it grows i will sell to the LFS or my buddies

thanks
Lunchbucket