PDA

View Full Version : Hey 7 gal bowfornters: what are the tank dimensions?

kennerd
08/17/2001, 11:11 AM
Hey 7 gal bowfornters: what are the tank dimensions?

Meaning: what is the width of the tank left to right, and from the corners, fron to back? Curious if the 2x32 CSL hood with fan will fit on your tanks.

I found one here on the boards, and know it's a bit too narrow for my 12 or 10 (which have lighting anyway.)

Custom Sealife 15" PC ABS hood (http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=33347)

Fishy1
08/18/2001, 04:43 PM
My AGA Bowfront measures 61/2" by 17". I have the CSL ABS 32 watt BriteLite on mine. There is one bulb in two sections that is white and one bulb in two sections that is blue. Bob Fenner suggested I cover up (with foil) one section of each to bring total watts to 32 instead of 64. I can always uncover them if I need the light later. It fits fine length wise, but because of the bow the front corners of the hood overhang about an inch on each side. This doesn't bother me. It sits a bit forward on the tank to accomodate my Skilter and heater. I had a piece of glass cut and replaced the original lid that came with the aquarium. The hood sits on the glass. Hope this helps:)

Jane