PDA

View Full Version : Good LFS and Websites

KeithC
03/06/2004, 03:29 PM
Newbie looking for good LFS and websites to buy equipment. Went to several LFS in Wilmington - dirty tanks, no one who knew anything, no real selection. DE - Balt - Philly?

ScubaRaven
03/06/2004, 03:51 PM
Marine Depot is one of my favorite websites, as well as Aquatic Warehouse. (which is in my local area) Other possibilities include Jeff's Exotic Fish, Inland Aquatics, Flying Fish Express and ebay for equipment.

Rich Valentine

Terry.cx
03/06/2004, 04:13 PM
Exotic Aquatics in Baltimore has a very good selection of corals. Most places around here have the potential to have good stuff but not on a continuous basis. I picked up a great piece locally in a place that's usually pretty bad, so you never know what you find. That Fish Place, outside Lancaster, PA, has the best price and selection on dry goods over the LFS. It's usually worth the drive, the prices are that good.

EXOTIC AQUATICS
(410) 668-1200
8870 WALTHAM WOODS RD
PARKVILLE, MD

www.thatfishplace.com

gilinjoppa
03/06/2004, 05:59 PM
Try newark tropicals 5 chest nut hill plaza 302-731-o804 olso aqurium center in randelstown md they know there stuff 410-521-4529 andhoues of tropicals in glen burnie md 410-761-1714

fishn1
03/06/2004, 06:46 PM
FYI.....in the mail today, ...That Pet Place (Lancaster) is having a big anniversary sale March 27-28.....they say there will be a tent sale with discounted,used,imperfect, reconditioned, and non-warranty items. Also, sale prices on just about everything in store. Just thought I would pass it on. Sounds interesting to me.
Greg

Scout
03/06/2004, 06:56 PM
I have to agree with Scubaraven. Go to www.marinedepot.com or www.premiumaquatics.com for dry goods. Both will answer questions over the phone. If looking for bugs and such, check out www.inlandaquatics.com and www.ipsf.com. Also check out our website at www.delreefclub.org and go to our sponsor page and check them out. They are all supporting our club!

Mike

Scout
03/06/2004, 07:01 PM
KeithC - Welcome to our club!!!!!!! Just noticed this is your first post. Check out our site at www.delreefclub.org. Hope to see you at the meeting Mar 17th. We will be raffling off some great prizes. If you win you won't need to buy off the web!

Mike

KeithC
03/07/2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions. I cannot attend any meetings until prob. August (daughter plays on 3 different softball teams), but would like to be a dues-paying member. The time and money you've saved me so far is wonderful.

JJM
03/07/2004, 02:11 PM
PM me for dues paying info...JJM

JJM
03/07/2004, 02:32 PM
KeithC

you got PM

dvlhzdu
03/08/2004, 09:28 AM
Welcome. I like the Hidden Reef, Best LFS going. Pricing on Drygoods is as good as That Fish Place and they get about 300 pieces a week in, delivered on Mondays. They also have a great staff who is very knowledgable.
Tom

JJM
03/08/2004, 09:44 AM
Tom, let me know the next time your heading up to the hidden reef,...I'd like to check it out...JJM

MadTownMax
03/08/2004, 02:49 PM
I'll say my favorites are The Hidden Reef (north Philly) and Exotic Aquatics (North Baltimore) for livestock, they're both incredible. If you visit the local stores often you might find some nice stuff, Newark tropicals has been getting in some pretty interesting stuff lateley, Williams's Greenbank is in the process of putting up a larger system of tanks for corals, which is something to keep your eyes on.

I ordered my halide lights and some other stuff from Premium aquatics, they're pretty close so shipping was only 3 days and their customer service was excellent.